Quantcast What's your O'Hanas experience?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile What's your O'Hanas experience?

Hello!! We have ressies at 5:00pm at O'Hanas at the Poly on Oct. 5th (Sunday). For those of you that have eaten there, what was your experience? What can we expect? It's my dh, and 2 ds ages 8 & 17. About how long do you think it takes to go through the whole meal? Just trying to figure out if we have much time after dinner to make any sort of plans. Thanks!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I wnet with my mom, sister, and about 5 of her friends and their moms, and we absolutely loved it. The food was great, as was our server, and the atmosphere was awesome. We weren't really expecting anything, although with it being Disney we kinda knew it would be really good, but all we wanted was food after a long day of competition over at Wide World of Sports. It took maybe about 1-2 hours to eat, but we stayed about 3 hours because we were having a lot of fun talking. Your reservations being at 5, you could probably go see the fireworks or parade at MK.
    You'll really enjoy it, and have fun!!
    I've been going to WDW since birth, and now I work there.
    Proud Baton Twirler!
    "Oh look, my tax dollars at work coming to arrest me, " Reily Pool, NT2
    Go UCF and UF!

Post Thanks / Like

'Ohana is one of my very favorites - mostly for breakfast. But dinner there is fun too. They usually have some kind of something for the kids - coconut races, etc. The food is served family-style with sides brought to the table all at once and meat brought around one at a time on skewers. It's pretty good all in all. I'm sad they don't have the fresh pineapple w/ caramel sauce anymore. Wow, that was good. But I think you'll enjoy it. And depending on your party size, I'd plan on being there for an hour and a half at least, including waiting time for your table, etc. It may be less - hope it's not more. At that early hour, it shouldn't be long at all.
    Shelley, Happy DW of bear_necessity.
    DVC owners: SSR since 2007
    Remain seated please. Permenecer sentados, por favor.

Last trip: DLHotel in May
    Next trip: ?? Vero maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

We really love O'Hana. It takes about an hour, sometime a little more, from start to finish. If the parks are closing early, than you probably wouldn't be able to go to MK, but Epcot being open until 9, you could still finish off your evening there.

The food is excellent. We love the meats, the noodles, the potstickers, the wings, the bread pudding is to DIE for! You will really enjoy it. They have mac and cheese for the kiddies if they won't eat the other food. Just let them know what you need.
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Fun

You and yours will have a good time.

DS 8 will can participate in the 'coconut race' a gang of kids race around a rectangluar aisle in the restaurant pushing coconuts with brooms. Hint: coconuts are not round.

DS17 will enjoy the food. After appetizers and salad. Servers will bring around 'spears' of various kinds of pit cooked meats and DS17 can eat 'til he's stuffed.

Post Thanks / Like

'Ohana is our overall #1 WDW favorite restaurant. Really good food and lots of it (all you can eat!) and great family atmosphere and fun. We've been going there since our two DS were little and did the coconut races and hula-hoop contests. Now they're too "old" to do those things but they still love going there. There's something for everyone on the menu, especially if you're a meat eater. Yummy dessert, too. We go there at least once on every trip.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yummy!!!

You and your family are going to love O'Hana. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food is great!

When I was there last year our group, went down to the beach at the Poly, layed in the hammocks, walked on the beach... really nice... and took the boat back to MK. We were there in December, so we saw the fireworks from the MVMCP directly overhead! What a night!!!!

Enjoy
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

ditto to all of the above...
    we never miss this one, It is wonderful
    NOTICE you did not see any negitive reports on this one ?...you probably will not
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I love O'hana but my family didn't like it. I likes there food (family style) and the setting. What my family didn't like was that the waiters and waitresses played games with the little kids like run around the restaurant with a pineapple or something-and yes it was very annoying! But, I would like to go back. We even saw the fireworkd from MK!!
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

We try to make it to OHana's every trip. It is my DH favorite restaurant. We love the atmosphere, the food and we have never had a bad meal yet. I didn't like the potatoes that they had on the menu for a while, but other than that it has always been a family favorite.

I believe that we are usually there for about 1 1/2 hours. You should have plenty of time to do something after dinner.

Have a great time. We will be eating there in 15 days!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Well here comes the negative review that all restaurants need! LOL
    We went in Dec 07 after reading all of the wonderful reviews, but we were disappointed.
    First off I have to say that I am a VERY picky eater, who does not like honey, which explains in part why I was not overly impressed.
    First impressions of the restaurant were great and we had the most impressive view of the Castle. Being during Dec the castle was all lit up in its Christmas glory. Absolutely breathtaking..........until that woman started to sing and sing and sing and dance around. I am sorry but she drove us crazy. Our DS was 15 and so of course was not participating. Maybe if you have kids participating she doesn't seem as annoying? To us however it was very annoying.
    I ordered a Glowtini to drink, which I had previously had at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. It was only okay, not great like the Prime Time's. My biggest complaint however was with the service and the food. Our waitress rushed us through our meal. I was still on my salad, actually had hardly eaten any of it when she came back with our main courses and was taking away my salad. It continued like this all night. RUSH, RUSH, RUSH. What little meat I did try was overcooked and very dry. The best part of the meal was the potatoes, but she tried to take those away without me having a chance to finish. People seem to either love the bread pudding or not like it. None of us liked the bread pudding, couldn't get past the first taste, so we pretty much ended up with no dessert. We were not in there very long as we were rushed through our whole meal. I was pretty disappointed after our experience here, as we had all been looking forward to having a wonderful meal with a great view.
    We won't be going back there again. Hope that you have a better experience.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

We like this restaurant very much. The atmosphere is fun and the food is very good. You'll have a great time. Enjoy!

18 Previous Visits

Most Recent December 2011 (POP)
    May 2012 (Disney Fantasy !)
    Sept 2012 POP Mom/Daughter Trip

Sept 2013 40th Anniversary Adventures Disney Ireland

2014 Check out MK Makeover!

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I ate there last July while celebrating our 25th anniversary at WDW. Although we had breakfast there and not dinner, we absolutely loved it!!!! The food at breakfast was wonderful and the service equal to our other favorite, LeCellier at EPCOT!!! We are going again this year, leaving 2 weeks from today,. and I made reservations there for dinner this time, the night we arrive. I thought since we enjoyed it so much last year, it would be a great way to start our trip. Does anyone know, if our reservations are for 6:45, should we be able to see the fireworks from O'Hana's? Not sure what time the fireworks are, but I'm thinking 9:00, so I doubt we'd still be at O'Hana's......Enjoy your meal and your trip!!!
    '76--off site Sr. Trip
    '90--first trip with DS and DD...Poly
    '91--The Greens
    '93--POR
    '95--POR
    '98--WL
    '01--WL
    '04--DS's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '06--DD's Sr. Trip--All Star Sports
    '07--BC for our 25th anniv.
    '08--POR...8/13-8/18 CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andmomlau View Post
    Does anyone know, if our reservations are for 6:45, should we be able to see the fireworks from O'Hana's? Not sure what time the fireworks are, but I'm thinking 9:00, so I doubt we'd still be at O'Hana's......Enjoy your meal and your trip!!!
    I think you may still be there...on our trip last Sept. we had 6:30 ADR's. I wanted a window table, if possible, so we were checked in at 6pm. We didn't get seated until after 7pm. We took our time, yes they kind of bring the food around quickly, but we didn't feel rushed. I think around that time, the servers might suspect that you'd like to stay, so they slow down a little. Ours was great about it, and brought us more bread pudding while we watched Wishes.

The wait for a table was the hardest part, though. Not sure if that's typical for Ohanas, but I think it might be.

We had ADR's for our upcoming trip, but I think they're for 5pm--less chance of a wait.

Enjoy!
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

A trip to WDW isn't complete without going to Ohanas. By far, it is our favorite dinner experience. We love the food and the positive energy of the place. We went last November and the sprinklers went off and Ohanas had to close!!!! We were crushed. Its the first time we missed dining there during our trip and it just wasn't the same. Ohanas feels like home to us.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

A trip to WDW is just not the same if we don't eat at Ohana! It has been a must do for our past 5 or so trips. Twice we've had a huge party for our Ohana feast (party of 15 one time and party of 14 the other time). On both trips everyone in our huge party thought Ohana was the best meal of the trip! Chances are very good that you will love it.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

'OHana is without a doubt one of our favorite dining experiences in all of Disney. As noted by a couple posters above, though, you should understand what dinner at 'OHana involves. It's not a place to go for a nice romantic dinner for two. They like to have fun with the kids and the adults during dinner. If you think that's something you might not want to be involved with, ask to be seated away from the coconut races and away from the hula dancing. Even the time we've gone there without our kids, we still enjoy sitting back and laughing at the kids having a great time. For us, it's a great Disney experience. The food is awesome and the service is usually very good - and you certainly will not leave hungry. Hope you have a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

O’Hana is our favorite restaurant at WDW. We always try new places every time we go, but O’Hana has become a tradition. We enjoyed watching the games that were being played with the young children. We even decided to take some friends to O’Hana for a dinner when our Boys were wrestling down there. It became their favorite as well. They have been back every year their sons wrestled at WWoS. The food is good and done to our liking. it is usually one of our breaks when we go to the MK.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

SO MUCH FOOD!! We were stuffed. The entertainment was great too!! Well worth taking your time and relaxing. Have fun!!
    ¸,ø¤º°`¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Karen°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸¸,DVC MEMBER
    ¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø"If you believe in Magic, you belong..."¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`° º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my negative review:

My Wife and I had ADRs for 7pm. Arrived at about 6:40 pm. (Very important part: I ran the full marathon that day. Aside from a light breakfast and a small snack after the run, at about 1000 am, I had eaten nothing of substance all day. So I was hungry and ready to eat eat eat.)
    DID NOT GET SEATED UNTIL A LITTLE AFTER 8PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was very annoyed and aggravated at this point. Service was slooooooooooooooow. Food was good though, when it got there. Not really, the meat, all the meat was dry.

Then the kids....Oh man the kids and the coconuts. We were seated right on the "racetrack" when the kids came through with brooms and coconuts. One little girl's coconut went under our table and between my legs. The girls mom kept trying to coax the girl to get sweep the coconut out from between my legs. Everytime the coconut started creeping out, the girl shoved it back because "it was looking" at her. So her mother tried to grab the broom to sweep it out from between my legs but the girl would not give it to here..SO THE MOM CRAWLS UNDER OUR TABLE TO GET IT!!!!!!!!! We were mortified!

(So the next day We are on the bus and another family asks us if we have been to Kona Cafe. I started to explain to them the coconut story. At that point, another lady seated near us asks, "Was that yall?"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: