Quantcast So thankful that you packed... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Large mesh laundry bag...

I empty our suitcase when we arrive and put all clothes away, but then as the days go by, we toss dirty clothes into the mesh bag. The first time we put everything back in the suitcase as it got dirty, and wow! did that suitcase stink by the end of the week! From that point on, I do the mesh bag on any vacation.

I, personally, don't bother trying to keep clothes separate for the trip home - everything gets washed upon return.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Our Kolcraft Contours stroller. It's seat comes off and I can't tell you what a blessing this was for us while our son was 7mths and 17 mths old. Both times we took the seat off several times and carried him through The Land, a restaurant, a ride, a show, and especially during the Backlot tour while he napped. Our son was much happier, since he wasn't woken up all of these times, and we were happier too because no one had to wait out with the baby while he napped. The best part is that it is form fitting, so when layed on the floor it lays flat. How many times he layed on the floor in his stroller seat while we ate. It seemed like everytime we wanted to eat he slept.
    Something different that we did with the wipes ( I highly recommend this); everytime our kids ordered kids' meals, we took the three mickey plates and wiped them out with a wipe and threw it in the bottom of the stroller. By the end of our trip we had 24 disney plates that we brought home as a free souvenir. 7 mths later we still have them all, the kids love love love to eat out of them, and the best part is that they are dishwasher safe. We have yet to have found one of these plates disfigured or melted in the washer! BONUS Souvenir!! Needless to say, we will be doing this Again!
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the things I would suggest have already been said, but I don't think anyone mentioned:

Hand sanitizer (the anti-bacterial gel stuff). Buy a big bottle and a tiny "portable" bottle. I use this stuff all the time after getting off rides, before eating when you can't get to a restroom, etc. You never know who had a cold/flu, when someone sneezed on a handrail or whatever. Every night you can refill the tiny bottle with the large bottle.

Tiny deoderant sticks (the travel size ones). I bring them in a camera bag or waist pack to the parks along with the hand sanitizer, because sometimes over the course of a long, hot day you don't smell so great any more
    "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
    POP!- September 13 - 22, 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

We got the bags for "dirty diapers" and actually used them more for other things. We had an incident with Apple juice in our backpack leaking, so now we use them to put juices in, a clean change of clothes, and also to put the dirty clothes in if we had to change our DD's outfit in the parks. We also got the marshmallow treats in downtown disney that comes on the straws, and we had leftovers so they went in the bag too.
    We get these at Walmart for about 3 dollars for 2 sets of about 25 bags.
    Happy Packing everyone
    Bree

Post Thanks / Like

Cold and sinus medication. The change in climate always seem to flare something up.

Postcard stamps.

Small ballet type slippers for walking around the hotel room. You never know what might be on the carpet. My BF's grand daughter stepped on a sewing needle in a hotel room in Toronto.

Back in 1981, my cousin broke a shoelace. My mother promptly took a fresh pair out of her purse. This must be where I get my preparedness from.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

disposable rain ponchos
    and useful over the counter medications

have fun
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Question: Can you take little fans on planes? I have to have a fan at home in order to be able to sleep, but wasn't sure if I could take one on the plane. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hats!

Hats for everyone?

My BF always wears a hat to protect his "shiny" head, but I never wore one until last trip. You know, typical "girl" reasons.... It will ruin my hair, It will make my head sweat more.

Last trip we went in May and I broke down and got a straw hat with a brim all the way around and I felt so much better with the additional shade for my eyes and face and neck. I had always used sunglasses, but the hat kept so much more sun out of my eyes.
    "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    Question: Can you take little fans on planes? I have to have a fan at home in order to be able to sleep, but wasn't sure if I could take one on the plane. Thanks!
    Our room at the POFQ had a ceiling fan. I'm not sure if all the resorts do, but I know I've seen pictures of several that have ceiling fans. Makes all the difference in the world!

Deb
    POFQ, Oct. 2007

Post Thanks / Like

An extra pair of contact lenses AND my glasses. Missing on on the spectacular beauty of the Grand Canyon because you can only see clearly out of one eye, was a real bummer for me!!

ºOºprprincessºOº

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prprincess View Post
    An extra pair of contact lenses AND my glasses. Missing on on the spectacular beauty of the Grand Canyon because you can only see clearly out of one eye, was a real bummer for me!!
    I have to agree with this 100%! I also make sure I bring an unopened bottle of contact lens solution, that way I can be positive I won't run out 1/2 thru the trip.
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy Mom View Post
    Hats for everyone?....I never wore one until last trip. You know, typical "girl" reasons.... It will ruin my hair, It will make my head sweat more.

Last trip we went in May and I broke down and got a straw hat with a brim all the way around and I felt so much better with the additional shade for my eyes and face and neck. I had always used sunglasses, but the hat kept so much more sun out of my eyes.
    Hoping my DW will see this post.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

LOL!

We women and our vanity. We are sometimes our own worst enemies.

Don't even get me started on the fools I see in HIGH HEELS walking around Disney!
    "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

The new Tide Sink packets. Its great for washing socks or undies in a pinch! Fill the sink, pour, and there ya go! No need to pack a bunch of extras anymore!

We usually pack a fresh pair of socks in our park bags. We'll change them at lunch (or sooner if its raining). Also, we plan on getting some of those super absorbant towels you use on your cars. We'll stick them in our wet shoes at night and should be dry by morning!

I now swear by bringing Similisan ear drops. At 4am on our first morning of our 9 day trip one year, I got HORRIBLE ear pain. We finally went and bought some ear drops. The pain was gone by the end, but HORRIBLE!

Extra contacts or glasses are a must. As is an extra pair of sunglasses. Nothing like your only pair breaking or being lost. Luckily it hasn't happened to me, but it has happened to my mother.

We bring a fan for white noise (and for people who are too hot while everyone else is chilly in the room).

We liked Body Glide, but I LOVE the new Monistat Soothin Care cream to use on "hot spots". Its not your "normal" use of Monistat, but its made for chaffing. I am Marathon training, and I like it better than Body Glide.

Benadryl cream. My savior. I'm allergic to Latex, and you have no idea how many things have Latex in it! Other drugs include immodium, advil, and allergy pills.

Nail clippers and files. Unless you walk a lot in your tennis shoes for hours on end in the heat often, you may find a toenail that is just a little too long for comfort!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I try to remember to bring air freshener spray for the bathroom. Lots of people eating food you don't normally eat, one bathroom.... you get the picture...
    Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

Pedometer. Then I feel less guilty about eating dessert.
    Many, many visits since 1973....

Post Thanks / Like

These are all fantastic ideas and I am writing them down for my trip in a couple of weeks!!
    One thing I thought of is hydrocordizone (sp?) cream for those crazy bug bites or mysterious itches that just drive you nuts.

Post Thanks / Like

Default In Case of Emergency List

My DW and I are both hadicapped, and we both use a variety of meds.We each have a list of meds, allergies, conditions, along with our doctors, and each other's cell numbers.
    Lists can be tailored to each persons individual needs, and updated as necessary.
    We also have our name and cell number taped to our canes.I know.I lost my cane once at another entertainment venue.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Spray and wash stain stick - You just rub it in and can launder later. I will be trying Tide stain stick this trip but I will still take my stain stick for larger areas.

Post Thanks / Like

This last trip I brough a few new things I'll never go without!

1. folding/compact laundry hamper
    2. re-usable canvas bags (like the ones at the grocery store)

I found that the hamper really came in handy!! No more dirty laundry ... or guessing what was dirty. I also loved the canvas bags. I used them for everything. It just made packing my stuff up so much easier ... especially on my transfer (hotels). I folded up my clothes into the bags and then packed them in the suitcases ... I also used one on the way home as a carryon for all my extra stuff!

I always bring already:

sound machine, cup for toothbrushes and other things I don't want laying on the vanity, saftey pins

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: