Quantcast No Dinner being served at MK on Oct 4th?????

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No Dinner being served at MK on Oct 4th?????

Okay, just got back from a long weekend at Niagara Falls, which was wonderful by the way. Listened to the answering machine to find WDW dining telling me that they cancelled my dining reservation at Tony's on October 4th due to the MK not serving dinner that day?? What the heck! Not only am I ticked that the MNNSHP is happening almost every other night out of our 8 days in the park now they tell me I can't spend my last evening in the MK eating dinner! MK is our favorite park and I am just peeved at this point. Now where are we going to eat?? I was told to call back and they will try to accomodate, they left the message on Saturday, so I can imagine what's left! This late in the game it will be almost impossible not to eat at 9:30 at night. I am beyound angry at Disney for yet another move like this. With the rising costs of everything, almost being forced to buy over $200 worth of more tickets just to be in the MK in the evening and now this, I am really starting to regret this trip. Thanks for letting me vent. Anyone else going to be there on the 4th of October get a message like this???
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is some speculation that the company's (somewhat) annual speech about the park's direction for the next few years (including the newest year's theme) will be given that day. They are cancelling all the big stuff for that day to make room for it. I know it must REALLY **** to have your plans cancelled, but I have to say, I'm somewhat excited about the idea that we're getting some big, new information, if that's really what it is. I AM sorry, though.

Heather

Post Thanks / Like

They cancelled the MNSSHP on that Friday night as well. Luckily I only live about an hour away so we could go on Thursday. and were able to reschedule are ADR's. I hope it is a really "big" announcement that is interfering with everyone's well laid plans.
    Last edited by DDuck66; 08-06-2008 at 10:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry about your troubles!! I would be really upset too. Try not to regret your trip- there's got to be a solution here...

How about having an early dinner, like around 4pm at Tonys?

What about eating a nice dinner at one of the monorail resorts?

Or what about switching dinner to lunch?

Or you could just do CS and maximize your time at MK...

If your 100% set on TS and they can't get you the ressie you want, just keep calling everyday, even the day of! Hopefully something is bound to open up for you.

Sorry, this is a bit off topic, but I think I'm out of the loop. What is this big announcement? It must be HUGE for them to shut down the MK so early and lose all of the revenue!
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Is the speech for the employees or the public?? If it's for the employees I would think there would be a better way to hold a meeting rather than cancel plans of paying guests! And at the last minute to boot. I hope they accomodate. I can safely assume that the park will be closing early this night too? We were celebrating a birthday this night so this is a HUGE disappointment! CS or lunch is just not an option this day. WOW, I cannot believe Disney is so inconsiderate as to put people out, not just us but everyone who had plans this day. What has happened to the magic? It seems everything is so money driven now a days and the guest comes last.

I just made my call back today, they left a direct number not the reservation number so we will see if they come through. Hopefully someone will save this vacation. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

From another site, its being rumored that they are doing this due to Miley Cyrus' sweet 16. Basically opening the park to only her and her guests.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FredTaco View Post
    From another site, its being rumored that they are doing this due to Miley Cyrus' sweet 16. Basically opening the park to only her and her guests.
    OMG No! I thought I read somewhere that its impossible to have the MK closed down for a private party, regardless of who!

I just checked wiki, and her bday is in late November....
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crazeedizneefinatic View Post
    WOW, I cannot believe Disney is so inconsiderate as to put people out, not just us but everyone who had plans this day. What has happened to the magic? It seems everything is so money driven now a days and the guest comes last.
    They have kicked people off of cruises that have already paid in full before just so they can "sell" the ship to private parties so I'm sure canceling people's dinner and party plans is no big deal to them. I would be very angry also.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, spoke with the special department handling all the cancelled reservations for October 4th. Although she was very nice, we could not work something out. I need to re-evaluate 8 days worth of ADR's and figure something out. This is ridiculous. I was also told the park is closing around 4pm or 5pm, she told me she did not know why. That makes 3 days in a row of no evenings at MK. I feel like just losing the credit, I cannot imagine sitting down again with 8 days ADR's and park schedules to figure this all out. Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely try a monorail resort. Maybe the new Wave restaurant in the Contemporary has something or Grand Floridian Cafe or even Kona Cafe. While it is not as easy as eating in the park you can stay at the park until closing at 4 or 5 and then hop on the monorail and be at a restaurant in less than 15 or 20 minutes.
    The other thing is what about seeing if another park has Evening EMH and eating there?
    Sorry that this is not what you planned for. Hope you find something that works for you and your family!

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

Post Thanks / Like

I was also told the park is closing around 4pm or 5pm, she told me she did not know why.
    Oh my goodness, that is really disappointing!! That is our first day at WDW and we always spend it in MK. If it IS for a private party, I am very upset with Disney.

We have late ADRs for the tea, so I guess we'll find something else to do that night. Makes me mad, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Disney should offer a FULL reimbursement for your trip. I don't know how they could let you book a trip and ADR's with money up front and then just go and cancel them. Breech of contract? I would cancel my trip and insist that they compensate me for my trouble and wasted vacation days, that's just me. Let us know how it works out, Walt is probably rolling in his grave!
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

Post Thanks / Like

Even though this is an unfortunate situation in no way would I let it ruin my vacation.
    The MK may be your fave but you have the rest WDW resort too. How can that be a horrible thing?
    A lost ADR wouldn't destroy any WDW trip of mine. And I've made a few trips there.
    WDW Resort visits..
    1st visit 1977
    1979,1980,& 1982
    Twice a year (Feb & Dec) since 1984.
    Resorts: CR,BW,WL,AKL,YC,POFC,CB, FW & POP
    Next: Dec 1st thru 10th 2008
    This trip will be my 52nd..over 1yr of my life @WDW. Am I CRAZY??

Post Thanks / Like

You couldn't work anything out? That's amazing. There are usually options open, albeit not your first choice and that is disappointing. The Grand Floridian Cafe is really good, if you haven't tried that. I try not to do table service in the MK because I prefer the food and service at the nearby resorts. Best wishes for finding something that pleases you after getting the disappointing news. I agree there are too many MNSSHP nights.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PittFan View Post
    I think Disney should offer a FULL reimbursement for your trip. I don't know how they could let you book a trip and ADR's with money up front and then just go and cancel them. Breech of contract?
    1) What breach of contract?
    2) There is nothing guaranteed, thus no contract.
    3) They have a right to cancel anything, including your DCL cruise ressie.
    4) You just have to grin and bear it.
    5) Just make an ADR elsewhere, if you can.

NOTE: As far as ADR's, even on the Dining Plan it specifically states that they do not guarantee that you can get an ADR.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be highly dissapointed also! However, I agree I would not let it ruin your trip.

Do you have park hoppers? If so, maybe you could hop over to another park? If not, then maybe you could get them to give you an extra ticket to hop for the evening.
    Either way, maybe you could get into another restaurant at a different park. Or maybe at one of the resorts.

I think I would be more dissapointed with the park closing early, than having to find another dinning location.
    In fact, I am dissapointed that they do not have fireworks every day at MK anymore.

Good luck!
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, maybe it will be a huge announcement that will make it all worth it, like a new park or something!
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post your ADRs

This is a rather irritating situation for you. It can be very frustrating to have to rearrange ADRs and park days. Perhaps you could post your itinerary and ADRs here on Intercot and see if we can help you out. It doesn't fix the "cancelled ressie" feeling, but at least you won't be so overwhelmed at sitting down again to redo your schedule by yourself.

I too hope that the "announcement" is worth all this hassle.
    Poly: Mar90, Jul91, Mar95, Dec98, Jul00 (future DH 1st trip!)
    WL: Oct02 (Honeymoon), Dec03, Feb07, Mar09 (DS 1st trip!)
    CSR: Oct05
    BWI: Sep08
    Other trips: Apr94,96 offsite, Aug99 Dolphin, May07 DL

Next:
    Dec09 AKV Kidani

Apr10 Poly (20th WDW "Anniversary")

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PittFan View Post
    I think Disney should offer a FULL reimbursement for your trip. I don't know how they could let you book a trip and ADR's with money up front and then just go and cancel them. Breech of contract? I would cancel my trip and insist that they compensate me for my trouble and wasted vacation days, that's just me. Let us know how it works out, Walt is probably rolling in his grave!
    I am sorry, but you would cancel your trip because of one dinner reservation? It is not like they are informing you of the cancellation the day before. You still have 2 months to find somewhere else to eat dinner. Also they didn't pay anything up front for the meals. Its free dining!
    Some people need to learn to relax and just go with the flow and enjoy life.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    I am sorry, but you would cancel your trip because of one dinner reservation? It is not like they are informing you of the cancellation the day before. You still have 2 months to find somewhere else to eat dinner. Also they didn't pay anything up front for the meals. Its free dining!
    Some people need to learn to relax and just go with the flow and enjoy life.
    No, I was actually referring to ALL of the cancellations and changes that Disney has made to their trip. A changed ADR is one thing,but changed ADR's, parks closing @ 4PM, and cancellation of MNSSHP ? Seems a bit much.
    '72 Kissimee
    July '94 AS Sports
    Aug '05 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Aug '06 AS Sports ( FREE DINING)
    Sept '08 POP ( FREE DINING)
    Oct '09 POP ( FREE DINING)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: