Quantcast Tropical Weather Update - Disney Cruise Line 8/20

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tropical Weather Update - Disney Cruise Line 8/20

Florida-Based Disney Destinations
    Tropical Weather Update

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Disney Cruise Line

The Disney Cruise Line® continues to monitor Tropical Storm Fay very closely.

Tropical Storm Fay has stalled along the eastern coast of Florida near our homeport of Port Canaveral, and its path is uncertain at this point.

For this reason, Port Canaveral has been closed by the Port Authority and the Aug. 21, 2008 sailing of the Disney Wonder® will set sail on its 3-night itinerary from Port Everglades, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Other than the departure port change, we do not anticipate any additional changes in the upcoming Disney Wonder itinerary. Transportation will be provided for Guests with transfers and those arriving by private vehicle at Port Canaveral. It is important that departing Guests park at our terminal in Port Canaveral as the ship is scheduled to return there on Sunday, Aug. 24, 2008.

The Disney Magic® is currently on a 15-night Panama Canal voyage and is scheduled to return to Port Canaveral on Monday, Sept. 1, 2008.

The safety and security of our Guests and Crew Members are always our top priority, and we monitor the weather very closely. If necessary, our Captains are always prepared to alter the ships' courses or itineraries to navigate away from inclement weather.

Walt Disney World Resort

The Walt Disney World® Resort safely withstood the wind and rain associated with Tropical Storm Fay. We have returned to normal operations in all areas.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks John!!
    FT Wilderness every year since 1976..TRIPS IN 2010....Princess Marathon March10 (Contemporary),Easter 2010 (AKL), Memorial Day Weekend 2010 (FW Cabins), June 2010 (Wliderness Lodge), Disneyland 1/2 Marathon Sept 10 (DGC), Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon Oct 2010 (WL)

Post Thanks / Like

And some of the buses are already in Ft. Lauderdale. They left this afternoon

Post Thanks / Like

They now have it swooping back through the state on its way back out to the gulf. WDW is supposed to get pretty hard again this weekend.
    Tina

Life is a prize, live every minute...

Disney World x 100+
    Disney Land x 1
    Disney Land Paris x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, would this be a great time to be in the hip wader business or what?

Seriously though, I do hope that everyone stays safe and that damage is minimal.

Post Thanks / Like

You're not going to hear this out of my mouth often, but gee, I'm glad I'm not on the ship for this sailing!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

uh oh, we are arriving tomorrow around 11 pm! does anyone know if it will be there around that time?? Also, it's not the center of the storm, just rains from it??
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

It's been raining constantly here since Wednesday - I live about 35 miles from the resort. We are up to 11" here in Winter springs since Tuesday. Portions of melbourne & Cocoa have had 25-30" of rain.

Bring your rain gear and check with your airline. It's raining and a bit windy. Here's a link to the news station I watch: http://www.wesh.com/weather/index.html
    If you are interested in checking local weather. I know they are watching another wave in the tropics.
    1974-1983 WDW day trips*92 WDW *94 Contemporary*97 WDW*97 Poly*98 DL PAC*99 DL DLH*2000 POFQ & CR*01 WDW*02 DLR DLH*02 WDW*03 POR*03 WDW 06 DVC Member*06 DLR*07 VBR*07 OKW*07 VWL*08 GCH*09 BLT*09 AKV*10 OKW*10 DLP-DH*11 BLT*11 AKL*12 BWV*14 Aulani*15 VGC*17 VGC*SDL TSH*17 TDR DAH*18 BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IamBelle View Post
    uh oh, we are arriving tomorrow around 11 pm! does anyone know if it will be there around that time?? Also, it's not the center of the storm, just rains from it??
    you should be fine. Fay is not causing too many delays around Orlando now. The bigger problem will be in places like the FL panhandle, Atlanta, Birmingham, etc. However, expect a bit of a bumpy ride on the way in.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    You're not going to hear this out of my mouth often, but gee, I'm glad I'm not on the ship for this sailing!
    LOL! We were! We sailed from the 17th to the 21st. For our first cruise it made things very interesting. I will be posting trip reports soon!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    º0º Monica º0º

Resorts visited to date: *CR * ASSp * CBR * Poly * POFQ * AKL * POR *

Most recent trip: Aug '08 - Disney Cruise Line and Poly!!

Year off and then Off-Site Timeshare and WL July 2010!

"It all started with a mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

With TS Hanna now reclassified as a hurricane, expected to impact the Bahamas later this week, DCL has posted the following on its website:

Tropical Weather Update

As of Monday, September 1, 2008

The safety of our guests and crew is always our first priority at Disney Cruise Line and we are closely monitoring Hurricane Hanna through the National Weather Service.

At this time, we have not made any changes to the September 4th voyage of the Disney Wonder.

Should weather conditions change, our Captain can alter the ship's course or itinerary for the safety and well being of our guests.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: