Quantcast Confirmed Miley Cyrus Sweet 16, Oct 5th, Disneyland.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confirmed Miley Cyrus Sweet 16, Oct 5th, Disneyland.

This doesn't explain what is going on at DW though.

[ET breaks the news that Miley Cyrus will celebrate her Sweet 16 birthday during a once-in-a-lifetime bash at the Happiest Place on Earth -- Disneyland!

The "Hannah Montana" star is also sharing the spotlight during the private party with some deserving young people from Youth Service America who've been making a difference in their communities.

And ET has learned that Miley's fans are going to be able to join in the fun too! A limited number of $250 tickets to the exclusive event, "Miley's Sweet 16 -- Share the Celebration," go on sale on August 30 at 9am PDT.

Watch ET tonight to hear what Miley has planned for the big celebration on Oct. 5!
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Press Release:

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: HANNAH MONTANA'S MILEY CYRUS TO CELEBRATE ‘SWEET 16’ BIRTHDAY AND HONOR YOUTH VOLUNTEERS AT DISNEYLAND BASH

ANAHEIM, Calif. (August 21, 2008) – When the world’s most popular teenager turns “Sweet 16,” it’s cause to celebrate. And when that teen is Miley Cyrus – star of Disney’s “Hannah Montana” – there’s no better place to celebrate than at a Disney Park.

To honor the occasion and Miley’s philanthropic passion, Disneyland Resort in California has created “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,” an unforgettable event for Miley and her fans that also will serve to recognize Youth Service America and help drive awareness of the need for youth volunteerism.

The Hollywood-style bash is planned for Sunday, Oct. 5, from 6 to 11 p.m., with ticket sales limited to 5,000 fans.

Tickets, priced at $250, go on sale at 9 a.m. PDT, Saturday, Aug. 30, at www.disneyparks.com/miley.

For Miley, the birthday bash is a once-in-a-lifetime event and she plans to make new Disney theme park memories during the evening. “I only turn 16 once, so it’s going to be an awesome party with my favorite rides, hanging out with friends, fireworks and more,” she said. “I’ll even get to sing a couple songs.”

The evening will celebrate Miley’s career as a Hollywood Records solo musical artist and as the “secret pop star” she portrays on the wildly popular Disney Channel series, “Hannah Montana.”

Miley’s Sweet 16 at Disneyland will feature a medley of party elements, large and small, that will allow guests to join in the celebration of Miley’s magical milestone. Special Party Zones will highlight the music and fun of Miley and Hannah Montana with themed activities and entertainment. Some of Miley’s favorite attractions will be open in each Party Zone, and the party will end with a bang as fireworks fill the Disneyland sky.

Sharing the Celebration with Youth Service America

In addition to all the birthday fun, Miley’s Sweet 16 will shine a spotlight on Youth Service America, an organization that seeks to improve communities by increasing the number and diversity of young people, ages 5 to 25, serving as volunteers. (For more information, visit www.YSA.org.)

In keeping with Miley’s passion for youth volunteerism, Disney Parks will make a significant contribution to Youth Service America.

With the organization’s involvement in “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,” Miley said she hopes that other young Americans will be encouraged to volunteer in their own hometowns.

“The best part of the party is we’re going to recognize some really cool kids from Youth Service America who are giving back to their community,” she said. “That’s so awesome because I think it’s really important for kids like us to volunteer.”

For More Party Information

For ongoing information about “Miley’s Sweet 16 - Share The Celebration” party at Disneyland Park in California, as well as details on how to obtain tickets, fans may go to www.disneyparks.com/miley for details.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Miley rents out DL for 16th B-day

On Oct 5th, 2008, Miley Cyrus will be having her sweet 16 at Disneyland.
    Tickets are on sale Aug 30th at noon and sold online.
    Only the 1st 5000 people (fans) are allowed in the park

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...Birthday/index

...my mom already told me I couldn't go!
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

It also costs $250 per person.

Imagine how much money Disney is making on that. The cost of renting out the park plus the tickets from the guests? Wow....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    It also costs $250 per person.

Imagine how much money Disney is making on that. The cost of renting out the park plus the tickets from the guests? Wow....
    I'm sure Miley got a deal for having the park to herself with all the millions she has made for Disney...
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what she'll wear to the party...bet the disney handlers will encourage a conservative look with no possibility of wardrobe malfuncton.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

5000 tickets X $250 = $1,250,000
    I'm not a Miley fan, can't stand her and wouldn't go if it was free. And she's probally not renting the park, Disney's probally paying her to be there.
    1988 Poly
    1989 Poly
    1991 Poly
    1992 Dixie Landings
    1994 CBR
    1996 All Star Sports
    1998 All Star Sports (Married in boat on 7 Seas Lagoon)
    2000 (winter) All Star Resort
    2000 (fall) All Star Resort
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 All Star Resorts
    2007 Poly
    2008 CBR 10th Anniversary

Post Thanks / Like

booooooooo!!!!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Default Confirmed Miley Cyrus Sweet 16, Oct 5th, Disneyland

Heard on the radio in Kansas City this morning that Miley Cyrus is celebrating her Sweet 16 Birthday with a Party at WDW on October 3rd and for $250 you can join her. No clue if it is true or not, but that is what we heard this morning on our way into work.

Kimber
    WDWCP Fall 1990
    1991 Friends Apt
    1993 Sister at Vista Way
    1994-1998 CBR
    2001/2002 ASS; ASMo;Timeshare
    2003 - ASMo
    2005/2006 - Timeshare
    2007 - ASMu
    2009 -- Pop!; POR
    2010 -- Hong Kong Disneyland Hollywood Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'll be bailing Disneyland after the last Billy show on the 5th.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

The cost of renting out the park plus the tickets from the guests?
    It states in the press release that "Disneyland Resort has created “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,”. Who would be paying a rental fee??
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I don't see Miley having to rent, beg, or borrow anything from Disney. The Miley camp said jump, Disney said how high.
    May your lines be short; the magic be plenty; and may you always remember to gather your belongings before exiting your vacation.

And many others ongoing....
    Poly/AKL Dec '09
    CSR: Dec '02
    WL: Dec '01
    WL: Oct '00
    BW: Oct '99
    Offsite(blech): '93

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom in WDW is closing at 3:00PM on October 3rd.. Rumor was it was for Miley, but with the Disneyland annoucement, guess that is out the window...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    Looks like I'll be bailing Disneyland after the last Billy show on the 5th.
    She best not be messing with any of our Billy Shows that day!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warning! I will definitely steer clear of the parks on those days!!

**NOTE** For anyone who had planned a trip for that day, see the updated hours on October 5th.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Just think ... all the good work that $250 per person x 5000 people could do -- besides partying with Miley at Disneyland. This is such a joke, and how in the WORLD is this a good example for volunteerism?
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post

Just think ... all the good work that $250 per person x 5000 people could do -- besides partying with Miley at Disneyland. This is such a joke, and how in the WORLD is this a good example for volunteerism?
    That's a pretty big jump. By that same token how much good would all the money we spend at Disney do if WE used it for other purposes? A single day in the park could probably feed an entire family for a year in some countries. I'm not going to stop spending money at Disney and I doubt you (or any of us for that matter -it's a Disney board after all) will either.

Back to the topic at hand, the Disney / Miley partnership has made both of them a lot of money. Good for her and good for Disney, I've got no problem with them celebrating that and I'd happily raise a for any and all success you have as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone want to take bets on how quickly the tickets will sell out? I would imagine that it will be a matter of a few minutes at the most.

Also, the press release said that Disney would make a " significant contribution to Youth Service America." It will be interesting to see if it is any more than the million that they will make off of the $250.00 admission tickets. So in the end who is really make the donation to Youth Service America?

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely STEER CLEAR of DLR on that day.

We accidentally were at the park the day "Hannah Montana" was filming her stage performance for the Christmas Parade airing last year, and it was a madhouse on Main Street. Never again.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Magic Kingdom in WDW is closing at 3:00PM on October 3rd.. Rumor was it was for Miley, but with the Disneyland annoucement, guess that is out the window...

Don't bet on it.

Stay tuned......
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: