Quantcast New Ultra-Interactive Attraction at Epcot

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Ultra-Interactive Attraction at Epcot

New Ultra-Interactive Attraction at Epcot Immerses Walt Disney World Guests In the High-Tech World of Disney’s Kim Possible

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Epcot guests at Walt Disney World Resort will be treated to a brand new, highly interactive attraction inspired by Disney Channel’s Emmy Award-winning animated series, Disney’s Kim Possible. The new experience is slated to premiere in late 2008.

Using the latest technology, Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure invites guests of all ages to become secret agents, teaming up with members of Team Possible to save the world from various comical villains and their mad inventions.

As guests embark on this international adventure, they will receive an official “Kimmunicator,” at kiosks throughout Epcot. The interactive, handheld device is designed to help them maneuver through the mission. Using state-of-the-art technology, the interactive device connects guests with a variety of Kim Possible characters who provide clues to stop villains from taking over the world. The highly interactive devices also allow guests to control top-secret equipment hidden inside the World Showcase pavilions, creating an ultra-interactive adventure jam-packed with mystery and excitement.

Guests can play Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure in seven of the World Showcase pavilions: Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, France and United Kingdom. Each pavilion features a unique mission including distinctive visual events and a different super villain from the animated series.

"Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure is an example of a next generation attraction that offers fun and excitement for the entire family," said Jim MacPhee, Epcot vice president. "We are constantly exploring new ways to provide immersive experiences to Epcot guests, and this new offering will add to our dynamic portfolio."

“Today’s emerging generation expects more immersive, personal and interactive experiences in every facet of their lives, including their entertainment choices,” added Bruce Vaughn, chief creative executive of Walt Disney Imagineering. “As leaders in family entertainment, Disney theme parks push the envelope by combining state-of-the-art technology with creative storytelling to enhance the overall Disney vacation experience.”

Epcot is a place of innovation, imagination, human achievement and endless possibilities. The park encompasses two “lands” of discovery: Future World, a showcase of new ideas and technology, and World Showcase, a kaleidoscope of nations celebrating cultural heritage, arts and entertainment.

Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure will open at Walt Disney World Resort during “The Year of a Million Dreams” celebration.

A worldwide hit for kids and families, Disney's "Kim Possible" is an Emmy Award-winning animated series from creators/executive producers Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle and Walt Disney Television Animation. It tells the story of an average high school cheerleader, Kim Possible, who, in her spare time, happens to save the world from super villains. With the aid of her enthusiastic pals, this contemporary heroine is capable in ways few high school students ever imagine. On the flipside, she realizes that defeating the bad guys comes easier than coping with the typical teen pressures of schooling and socializing. Viewers' connection to "Kim Possible" led to a successful off-TV franchise for The Walt Disney Company including Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable characters at Disney Parks & Resorts, DVDs, books, video games and Disney Consumer Product's line of "Kim Possible" branded products available at mass retailers nationwide.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Here's the attraction logo:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

While I like the technology aspect of this, it will be interesting to see how it effects crowd dynamics in World Showcase. It will certainly draw more of a younger audience to that part of Epcot than usual. Previously many teens and younger kids would avoid this part of the park because there wasn't much to entertain them. And, many adults enjoyed WS because it was the one place at WDW where there were fewer kids, so it was usually quieter and more peaceful than the other parks and areas. So, while this is good in that in brings new technology and innovation to Epcot, it could alter the somewhat quiet and serene atmosphere usually enjoyed there.

The question is, if this is successful, how might they expand and roll it out to other parks? What other characters/franchises might be an option? Perhaps a National Treasure hunt adventure could be implemented? I would be interested in that one. Heck, I might even be interested in checking out the Kim Possible adventure, with my kids of course.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

We tested a version of this when we were in the World in 2006, and it was just awesome!!

I can't wait to try the full version
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    We tested a version of this when we were in the World in 2006, and it was just awesome!!
    Back in 2006, when Kim Possible was still somewhat popular. I guess I'm thinking this is just a little too late.

Post Thanks / Like

Kim Possible just went off the air last year, though, and it's constantly in reruns. I think it's still fairly popular. I love the show, and while I might feel a little silly running around playing the game, I just might have to give it a whirl.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Here's my thought on this ... first off, I didn't participate in the demo but I did get to witness it firsthand. We ran into some folks testing it out in Epcot and it was very, VERY cool. In fact, I found myself totally jealous that we weren't selected to test it out.

But why not re-theme it to one of the more current series? I think a Phineas & Ferb theme would have been awesome. Kim Possible is "so last year."
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We also saw this being tested and it did look pretty fun, but I agree that the KP run is almost over. P&F is the coolest new show out there so instead of doing this with an older outdated show-I have to agree that doing it with a newer just getting started, may have a few years of cool left in it show may be a better idea.
    BTW-I looked for a P&F avvie and I could'n't find it-where are they!!
    Here you leave Today and enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy

Next Trip-February 5th-16th! Happy V-day to me!

Post Thanks / Like

2 questions: 1) Does it costs anything extra to do this? 2) How much time does it involve? For example, can you do it in an afternoon? Oh wait, I thought of another question...3) What age group is this geared toward? Would my 6 year-old enjoy it? Although, I not sure he knows who Kim Possible is.

Thanks!
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

Kim's one of my favorite characters!! This is wonderful! I wish the details were a little more clear about what the attraction is about. I hope it's truly up and running by January!
    GF, Poly, Contemporary, Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post

I can't wait to try the full version
    Wow! We took the Undiscovered Future World tour 2 years ago in Epcot and our tour guide told us they had sucessfully tested that summer and that it was going to be incorporated into the park in the future! She was actually correct! She also told us that when we were upstairs in the imagination pavilion that they were going to renevate that area in the future and re-open it as well! Here's to hoping that they do! Maybe they'll leave the rainbow bridge intact even!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

No, there is no charge for Disney’s Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. Guests are welcome to participate in the new interactive experience as part of their admission price to Epcot.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

isn't KP kind of over with? I don't see anything with her in the Disney Store anymore. But it looks like fun!
    Dec 27- Best of Both Worlds Tour, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus with Jonas Brothers
    Mar 21- Look Me In The Eyes Tour, Jonas Brothers with Rooney
    Aug 27- Burnin' Up Tour, Jonas Brothers with Demi Lovato, The Veronicas, and BIG ROB!

march 09 SENIOR TRIP

Post Thanks / Like

Just a KP tidbit--Amazon is now showing a box set of the first season, though it has no scheduled release date. But if Disney intends to release DVDs, the cross-promotion would make sense. While I understand why people think KP might be over with, Kim was a very popular character for years, and since the show is still shown on the Disney channel and is not off the air, I don't think it's time to call her retired just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Ok, would somebody who's seen this in action actually explain what it is? It's just hard to figure out from the press release. What is it?
    I Am That Hero!

I'm a Ramblin Wreck from Georgia Tech...

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LarryBoy
    Ok, would somebody who's seen this in action actually explain what it is? It's just hard to figure out from the press release. What is it?
    See Team Possible Adventure at Epcot for a detailed report of the test run.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meteora View Post
    Just a KP tidbit--Amazon is now showing a box set of the first season, though it has no scheduled release date. But if Disney intends to release DVDs, the cross-promotion would make sense. While I understand why people think KP might be over with, Kim was a very popular character for years, and since the show is still shown on the Disney channel and is not off the air, I don't think it's time to call her retired just yet.
    She and Ron are still regular "Meet & Greets" at DHS, as well.

Coming up! WL Villas, August 2 - 9 2013

WL Villas Aug 9-16, 2010
    POR Aug 4-11, 2008
    POR Aug 22-29, 2007
    POR May 4-9, 2007
    POR - May 2006
    POFQ - Dec 2005
    POR - May 2005
    POFQ - May 2004
    OKW - May 2003
    AKL - May 2001
    CBR Annually 1995-1997

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link, Figment! It helped me to better understand the attraction. So...the countries listed will each have their own adventure? Or do you visit a few different pavillions in the course of the game? I'm thinking this sounds way cool, and we may be spending more time in Epcot than I thought during our springtime trip!
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think it's a great idea!!!!

However, I think it would have been even better if they had used Figment and Dreamfinder into this adventure. They could have easily used "Imagination" as a key to it.

Nonetheless, I think it's a great idea.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by the other micki
    So...the countries listed will each have their own adventure? Or do you visit a few different pavillions in the course of the game?
    Guests journey through several pavilions during the course of the adventure.

The test run of the adventure included traveling through Canada, France, The United Kingdom, and Dr. Draken's Lair.

The new permanent run of the adventure has been announced to include traveling through Mexico, Norway, China, Germany, Japan, France and United Kingdom.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney