Quantcast The new pool?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The new pool?

Post Thanks / Like

Default The new pool?

Is there any pictures released of how this is going to look yet? I'm really excited about it! When I stayed at FW a few years ago, I thought the pool was the only weakness of the resort.
    Fort Wilderness Lover

Been To The World:
    July 2002
    July 2006

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing yet. It seems to be a big secret.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read too much on this, but are they rehabing the River Country area for this?
    I hope so as DW was so bummed when they shut it down as that is where she always went as a child.
    It is my dream to one day pilot the monorails around the Seven Seas Lagoon....where's my star!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfun View Post
    I haven't read too much on this, but are they rehabing the River Country area for this?
    I hope so as DW was so bummed when they shut it down as that is where she always went as a child.
    No, River Country is NOT being re-habbed or renovated. However, there has been some mention by Disney that some of the River County Features (water tower) may be moved to the FW pool area when it is renovated and refurbished.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are gonna let River Country be a memory. As they are saying, all the news says that the tower is being moved and they wouldn't move it if they had plans to fix the place. I agree that FW's weakness was the pool and it is what strayed us from camping this Sept. We went deluxe because the last 2 times we went, we didn't feel we had a good place to relax at the end of the day. We really need a hot tub, as well. So, until the campground features these amenities, we will be staying elsewhere. I was curious too and was going to ask about the pool. Has anyone been there and saw the construction?
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I hope I don't get in trouble for this...Since I don't know how much has been released about it....

There'll be a water slide similar to CT that the end will sit right next to where the present lifeguard stand is. It'll drop off into about 3ft of water. The kiddie pool will be replaced with a hot tub and some water attractions will be placed on the far end near the deep end of the pool. The pool will also be made 1ft shallower. The odd design of the pool will remain the same, tho.
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I'm up at the Fort now with the family camping and one of the CM said sometime in Jan. 09 construction should start. I did find it interesting when we were checking in yesterday, the paperwork we signed had a stamp No Pool Hopping and they have you initial next to it. I asked about walking to the FW Resort, since we are at the campground and was told not allowed.
    Trips
    WDW-------1998 Offsite
    POR-------- 06/99
    ASMv------ 03/02
    CSR-------- 07/03
    ASMu------ 12/04
    ASMv------ 12/05
    CSR-------- 07/06
    FWH------- 12/06
    ASMv------ 03/07
    CSR-------- 07/07
    POP-------- 12/07
    POP-------- 01/08
    DCL-------- 04/08 DW 4 nights (1st cruise)
    FW -------- 07/08

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bpsigler View Post
    I'm up at the Fort now with the family camping and one of the CM said sometime in Jan. 09 construction should start. I did find it interesting when we were checking in yesterday, the paperwork we signed had a stamp No Pool Hopping and they have you initial next to it. I asked about walking to the FW Resort, since we are at the campground and was told not allowed.
    I assume you were referring to walking to Wilderness Lodge (when you said FW resort) AND using the pool there, and not just walking to WL. They haven't closed the walking trail to WL have they?
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

I remember that having to sign next to a stamp thing at FW but when we were at the BC in Sept. We didnt sign anything, nor were we told once that we could not pool hop. I guess they assume there that you dont WANT to pool hop.
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I assume you were referring to walking to Wilderness Lodge (when you said FW resort) AND using the pool there, and not just walking to WL. They haven't closed the walking trail to WL have they?
    I'm sure they haven't closed the walking trail. However, when we stayed at WL this summer, we noted an inordinate amount of guests coming over from FtW to utilize the WL pool. Perhaps by making guests initial the paperwork at check-in, therefore acknowledging that there is a no poolhopping rule, they hope to cut down on some of the WL pool traffic to non guests. Just speculation, but it makes sense.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jonahbear2006 View Post
    I remember that having to sign next to a stamp thing at FW but when we were at the BC in Sept. We didnt sign anything, nor were we told once that we could not pool hop. I guess they assume there that you dont WANT to pool hop.
    They may assumed you were a DVC member, which are allowed to pool hop. They have been doing the no pool hopping stamp and initials at FW for a few years now.

Post Thanks / Like

While staying at FW 2 yrs ago we hopped to the Comtemporary. My kids had aball on the slide. I can't wait for one at FW.

I wonder if it will be complete by June.
    1973 FW(in mom's womb)1974-1994 too many! FW1997,1998, 2000 WL Jan.2001, CS June 2001, FW 2002, 2004, July 2005-No Kids!, CS Nov 2005 Free Lady Emily Trip, AM May 2006, FW Dec-Jan 2006-2007, FW June 2009, House off site 2012, FW Spring Break 2013, FW Spring Break 2016, Staybridge 2018 No kids! AP

Post Thanks / Like

There was a post I read about this, either in another thread here at Intercot or another board. This thread claimed that pool area would end up looking similar to the pool area at Vero Beach Resort. It has a water tower as well.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Where will Fort Wilderness people swim in Jan-Feb of 09. I am planning on going and there will be 8 of us and we cant live without a pool. Please tell me they have a plan for this!!
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bpsigler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by medic9016 View Post
    They may assumed you were a DVC member, which are allowed to pool hop. They have been doing the no pool hopping stamp and initials at FW for a few years now.

Pool hopping is TECHNICALLY only allowed for DVC members. EXCEPT for the BCV, you can only use the BC pools if you are actually staying at the BC and that includes ALL DVC members and resorts. BC is the most popular pool. They actually give you bracelets there at the pool saying you are staying there and if you dont have a bracelet you are asked to leave. So no noone unless DVC members can "pool-hop".
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Where will Fort Wilderness people swim in Jan-Feb of 09. I am planning on going and there will be 8 of us and we cant live without a pool. Please tell me they have a plan for this!!
    Don't take this as word... if the pool is indeed closed then, most likely they'll open up the WL pool to FW guests. That's just my guess, I'm not totally sure. They might have folks use the Loop Pool. Keep in mind, it's still cold around that time of year anyways, and there'll be days where the guards won't even open up the pool because it's too cold (if the temperature WITHOUT windchill reaches and stays below 50 degrees).
    AJ (A.K.A. Figaro)
    Former Walt Disney World Resort Cast Member

“I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.” - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    Don't take this as word... if the pool is indeed closed then, most likely they'll open up the WL pool to FW guests. That's just my guess, I'm not totally sure. They might have folks use the Loop Pool. Keep in mind, it's still cold around that time of year anyways, and there'll be days where the guards won't even open up the pool because it's too cold (if the temperature WITHOUT windchill reaches and stays below 50 degrees).
    yeh we went last february and it was pretty nice. I am really shocked, though, that Disney's deluxe resorts do not have indoor pools, in conjunction to the outdoor pools. I mean, I know it is Florida but on top of the cold season, I am sure there are also many visitors that are not allowed to bake in the sun avec water, due to lupus and other such systemic disorders. It would just be nice to have a place that had an indoor pool. It would steer me AND my extended family in that direction.
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Ft Wilderness has two pools, one at Meadows and another near the Wilderness Homes. I didn't hear anything about them redoing both pools though so I'm sure there will be one open wherever you go.

Have a great vacation, that's a nice time of year to go.
    Bless you, Terri
    1979 to 1987 Offsite
    1988 to 1991 CB, DL & PO. Ft Wilderness campsite 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 2000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 Xmas & New Year every year & at least 2 or more other visits per year. July & Oct 08

Post Thanks / Like

yes yes, but that other pool is freezing cold! they claimed it was heated and it was definitely not heated enough to swim in it!
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see a rendering of the new pool...just thinking about the fun to be had is exciting.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: