Quantcast First Mother/Daughter Trip Report - Day One with Pictures

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow First Mother/Daughter Trip Report - Day One with Pictures

Hi, Everyone!

Welcome to my first mother/daughter trip report! Most of you are used to hearing about my husband and I's adventures. Namely, our honeymoon and first anniversary trip this past May. Well, now it's time to talk about the very first mother/daughter trip that I experienced. If you haven't read my pre-trip report, go do that now. You need background on us!

The Duo
    Me: Stacey, 20
    Mom: Nancy, 61

When and Where
    September 14-19th
    Caribbean Beach Resort (our first moderate)

Why?
    Mom hadn't had a vacation in over three years and I just missed Disney World like crazy and wanted to show mom everything she'd been missing!

The morning of our flight, we left the house at 4:30ish. DH drove us to pick up DM (is that mother?) and DMIL (yeah, mother-in-law) who went along for the ride to Detroit to keep DH company. I grabbed my iPod right away and started in with the Disney tunes to get everyone in the mood. DH was bummed that he couldn't go (work) but he was actually very happy that DM and I were able to get away for 5 days... just the two of us. The drive to Detroit wasn't too bad at all despite the crazy rain that we were getting. Thank goodness we were getting out of it! I was VERY nervous about being in the airport without DH. He's my rock when it comes to flying. Luckily, checking the bags went pretty quickly. The tough part was saying goodbye to DH. When I started to cry at the security checkpoint, DH started to cry. Which made my mom cry! We hadn't been away from each other for more than a day since we got married. But, I pulled it together for my mom and we made it through security successfully then had a bit of time before the flight. We sat down and ate our granola bars (brought from home) then headed over to our gate and within 15 minutes we started boarding. Smooth sailing from there. The flight was great (thanks, Northwest) and we made it to Orlando 15 minutes ahead of schedule. It left Detroit around 9:00 and we made it there just after 11:30 I think. DM was so impressed with how well I knew my way around Orlando International. I felt very comfortable one I was there and off that plane. Finding DME and checking in with them was super easy, as always. We waited maybe 20 minutes for a DME bus that took us to CBR. At this point, we were so stinking excited to be in sunny Florida and not cold ol' Michigan.

CBR is gorgeous! Such a pretty resort. The grounds are very lush and there is alway something to look at. Check-in was super easy and we even got a first floor room that we requested... in JAMAICA! I was SO excited when I saw the CM circle our building. I just love the yellow and pale blue of Jamaica. While waiting for the internal bus, mom realized that she forgot to pack shorts to wear into the parks in her carry-on. After making it to our room, 4310, we freshened up. Mom found some black shorts she packed to wear for PJ's so instead of sweating her booty off in the 95 degree weather, she put those on.

Just a side note about our room. It needs refurbished. I'm super glad they are doing something about how old and dingy these rooms are starting to look. The room itself was clean as all get out. But, the bedposts had paint peeling, the tv looked like it was from the 1980s, and the bedspread wasn't exactly in superb condition. I will say that for our whole stay, mousekeeping did a great job. No problems at all.

DHS was our first park to conquer. I LOVE DHS. It's no secret. As we walked into the park, a couple told us they had fastpasses for Toy Story Mania and they weren't going to be using them. How nice! We set out for me to do RnRC right away and get it outta the way. I missed this attraction so much. About a 20 minute wait was in front of me. Not bad, so I took it. Mom waited outside for me, sweating pretty badly i'm assuming. After that, we went over to Animation to see if my friend, Jen, was working as Mrs. Incredible. Sadly, only Mr. Incredible came out and I texted my friend who told me that she was sick as a dog and couldn't come into work. Bummer! Mom was HOT and wanted a cold snack, stat! So, we went over to Gertie's and got some ice cream. Yummy. Time for our fastpass for TSM! As we made our way through the FP queue, I realized that I was missing Mr. Potato head... again! If you remember from DH and I's last trip, we were extras in the TSM promo video filming so we rode the attraction 5 times in a row and Mr. Potato Head wasn't up and running yet. I must have really good luck on this attaction because DM and I ended up getting handicapped! Meaning, we skipped the rest of the queue (probably a 15 minute wait) and hopped right on the first handicap vehicle. haha! Mom kept wanting to cheap and using the button and I told her "no way!" I think mom ended up with a score of 60,000 and mine was almost 180,000. I think that was my highest score when we played back in May. I can't seem to break that number! I can't remember what else we did that day at DHS. So, i'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

Time for dinner at Shutters right at our resort. I'd been there back in '06 and it was alright. Not the best but not the worst. Figured that it'd be nice to come back to see if our luggage was in the room (which it was) and get freshened up before our first meal. It worked out nicely, actually. I'll go into more detail of our dining experience over in the Dining section when I do my review.

That was basically it for our first day! After dinner, we were originally going to go to MK EMH but I had a stomach ache most of the afternoon so we just called it a night and crashed early. After dinner though, we did check out the gift shop and... THE NEW POOL! I have video of the new pool at night as well. If you're interested, PM me!

Very successful day one, in my opinion. Can't wait for day two!!

Picture link to day one - http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...02008/Day%201/

For some reason, they are all out of order! Not sure why because I uploaded them in order.

Also, if you want video of our DME trip, the new pool at night, and a mini tour of CBR, PM me!!!!! I can't post the link directly on here but please let me know if you wanna see!

TTFN! Thanks for reading!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice report. I would love to go on a trip with just my mom. We did go to Virginia Beach and Busch Gardens and we had a blast. I love traveling with my mom. Cna't wiat to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. So excited to stay at CB on our next trip.
    November 2010 Disneyland
    December 2009 Disneyland
    March 2008 Disneyland
    December 2007 Disneyland
    September 2007 All Star Music
    August 2007 Disneyland
    October 2006 Offsite
    December 2003 POR
    June 2001 All Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the report

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great day! Can't wait to read more!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Excellent report

Nice report- thanks for sharing-
    Your pictures of the pool are terrific
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a great start to your vacation so far!! cant wait to read more about it!!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like the start to a wonderfully magical vacation. I would love to take my mother on a vacation, unfortunately she was never much of a Disney nut, instead I had to marry one.

I look forward to reading the rest of you report.
    Ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind...or forgotten. --Lilo

Past Trips:
    June 2001 - Off Property
    April 2009 - POR
    Next trip:
    Dec 5- Dec 12 OFFSITE

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful start to your mother/daughter trip! Be sure to treasure each and every moment!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! So funny, cause I took the exact same picture of Joe Jonas' costume. My DD's got so excited to see it!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Great first day and pictures. I'm glad you liked CBR --- we're staying there in 3 weeks.
    TRACEY
    ºOº

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it was a great first day I have always loved your reports, you have a great writing style. I can't wait to hear more.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

A great first day Stacy!

What fun going with your Mom.

Thanks for the report.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report/photos.

Can't wait to read/see more.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great first day. ou and your mom are so cute. I hope to have a mother/daughter trip one day. I am going to pm you about the video, I'd love to see it. Also, does the new pool at CBR still have sand on the bottom? Thanks for sharing your great day. Love your pics, too.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I always enjoy reading your reports so much. I'm looking forward to day 2.
    FIRST 1975
    LAST : Jan 2017
    UP NEXT: Sept 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laward32 View Post
    Sounds like a great first day. ou and your mom are so cute. I hope to have a mother/daughter trip one day. I am going to pm you about the video, I'd love to see it. Also, does the new pool at CBR still have sand on the bottom? Thanks for sharing your great day. Love your pics, too.
    Glad you found my videos!

The CBR pool does not have sand in the bottom. It's not a "rough" bottom though, which is nice. I'm really impressed by it. I'm not sure what the kids area bottom is like, though as I only stayed in the "main" pool.

Also, thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm moving slowly on day two due to work. I'll work on the next day tonight, though. Stay tuned!
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for reporting.
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like an excellent start to your trip. I love the pics!!!

Thanks for sharing!

-Kristy

Many trips all off-site
    Oct 07 Pop and Poly
    June 08 POP/Dolphin