Quantcast what to pack for a Thanksgiving disney vacation

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default what to pack for a Thanksgiving disney vacation

Hello all,
    This is our first trip to Disney with our children (ages 5,3, and 1). we are arriving Nov. 22 and will be leaving Nov. 29th. What do I need to pack in regards to the weather in Florida at that time? I also welcome any other advise about packing and traveling with a small child. Thanks:

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the weather link under trip planning. He's very accurate in his forecast. I always start checking his link about 3 weeks out so I can plan on what to pack. I would say during the day you'll be fine with summer type clothes. For the evenings you may need long pants and possibly a sweatshirt.
    Enjoy your trip.

Post Thanks / Like

to Intercot!!!

As far as weather, it's a little early to say for sure, but check the weather thread at the top of this forum for details. Right now the long term models are changing almost every run, but in general it looks like highs that week will be mid 60s to around 70 with lows in the mid 40s.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there that week too and have been watching the weather closely. The models are trending it to be a little cooler. However, weather in FL can change on a dime. I will wait until the night before to pack.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

The weather forecast has been changing daily!! so it is frustrating. For us, we usually have shorts/tshirt and zip hoodie for morning... get rid of hoodie about 1030-11ish.. then 530pm you need jeans and a light jacket. There are some downright chilly evenings with the wind factored in, so if you have a medium weight jacket or better yet, some layering clothes, it will be helpful.
    MK 1980 FOUR hours(July & 105) * Nov 04 POLY.. with my 2 princesses *Nov 05 Contemporary *Nov 06 split stay Cont/POFQ , making memories with my 21 yr old neice who has cancer. Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007 :(
    Nov 07 WL *Nov 08 VWL *Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower WDW/DC/SW/DCL*April 2011 B2B Disney Dream

Post Thanks / Like

We were there last year for Thanksgiving and it was our 3rd time traveling to WDW during the time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can tell you that your best bet is to pack a bit of everything. We've worn coats and hats and gloves and gone swimming all during the same trip. Sometimes the beginning of your trip can be warm enough for summer type clothes and swimming, but the second half of your trip feels like winter. It is very hard to know what the weather will be like in Florida, seems its always changing. We've always found it wise to pack enough of everything for our trips this time of year. Have a great trip. We were there last year for Thanksgiving and it was one of our best trips ever!!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Kid Tips

Welcome to Intercot!

Thanksgiving week can be a very busy time. You may want to pack a few things to entertain the kids while you're standing on queue, such as favorite books, sticker books, and other such activities. When my kids were small, we liked the activity sets with the markers that only work on the special paper. Also, keep a stash of special snacks on hand for rewards or to diffuse the occasional meltdown. And, regardless of whether you're staying onsite or off, schedule breaks so both you and the kids can rest up. That will also go a long way to keeping the meltdowns to a minimum.

Have a great trip!

Robyn
    I never look back, darling! It distracts from the now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all for the replys. Your advise is great!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: