Quantcast American Idol Season 8 - Page 17

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

ACK!! Why can't this show EVER end on time??? My recording cut off just as Adam was about to sing! Now I have to see if I can find it online to watch it because he's one of my favorites!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My take, from worst to best.

Scott MacIntrye - “The Search is Over”
    He's a great guy dealing with unique challenges. He's probably an amazing piano player, and maybe a good songwriter. He's proven by now that he's not a singer, and this is a singing competition. This should end his Idol run.

Lil (not Little or Li'l )Rounds “What’s Love Got to Do with It” Lil just seemed so confused by the judges' comments, but they were all dead on. She can sing, but she has no idea how to perform or what suits her and she's failing to connect.

Anoop Desai - “True Colors"
    I think the judges were too easy on Anoop. True Colors, really? I did like Anoop, but his appeal has worn off on me. He can sing, sure, but he hasn't shown me what he would do as a recording artist.

Kris Allen - “All She Wants To do is Dance”
    Really bad song choice, and he didn't show any understanding of his material. But I also thought the judges were too hard on him. It was a fluffy, but not bad, performance.

Allison Iraheta - “I Can’t Make You Love Me”
    She has an incredible voice, but she still hasn't connected with me entirely. I like that she showed some subtlety this week, but I hated the song choice and I didn't like the choice for her.

Danny Gokey - “Stand By Me”
    I thought it was a bad song choice and arrangement, but I still love Danny's voice.

Matt Giraud - “Part Time Lover”
    Matt showed some sense this week. He didn't choose a favorite song, perhaps, but he did choose a song that works with his personal style and I enjoyed it.

Adam Lambert- "Mad World"
    Blown away. Again. Adam is in his own league out there. The other people think they're in a singing competition. Adam knows he's there to perform, entertain, and blow us away. He doesn't just seem to think "ooh, this week I'll use a chair." He really seems to take time to feel his music, and to work to convey everything to the audience for fulI dramatic effect. I love his work. And I love this song, love Tears for Fears and I don't find the Jules version to be that far from the original, actually.

My bottom three (Scott, Lil, Anoop) might be America's bottom three. I think Scott and Lil, definitely, but I'm not sure who will take that third spot.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

There was something I forgot to ask in my post last night, but did anyone else catch Anoop flubbing the lyrics a bit? At the end of the first verse he sang "The darkness inside you make you feel strong", when it should be that it "can make you feel small". A minor gaf, but yet an important part of the song.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    There was something I forgot to ask in my post last night, but did anyone else catch Anoop flubbing the lyrics a bit? At the end of the first verse he sang "The darkness inside you make you feel strong", when it should be that it "can make you feel small". A minor gaf, but yet an important part of the song.
    I didn't notice. I got a little bored with Anoop's performance and started a game of solitaire.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Default My 2 cents...

Ok I'll do mine from worst to best as well!

Lil Rounds “What’s Love Got to Do with It” It just wasn't good, boring and the judges were hard on her, but she just doesn't seem to be getting any better. They gave her tons of air time in the auditions and then more last week with her kids but it's not working. It's almost like they want to make her into something she's not?

Scott MacIntrye - “The Search is Over”
    This wasn't good, I don't think it was terrible but as usual to me it was a VERY awkward performance. It was too much for him.

Danny Gokey - “Stand By Me”
    Ugh I disliked this more than most people I geuss. I thought it was pretty terrible. I don't know, I would have preferred him do a slowed down version or something. I'm over him. Did I say that last week?

Matt Giraud - “Part Time Lover”
    Eh, I'm over him too. I mean it was ok. A little hokey maybe? The hat does nothing for me.

Anoop Desai - “True Colors"
    Boring. I mean what else can you say and they are playing him up as this geek-which I think he is, I think they want him to be another Clay, but he doesn't have the singing chops. I like him as a person but boring singing.

Kris Allen - “All She Wants To do is Dance”
    Now see I didn't think this was as bad of a choice, I liked him doing something uptempo this week after last week's slow song. I wish he would have been on stage though, I don't like that "mosh pit" type performance.

Allison Iraheta - “I Can’t Make You Love Me”
    I was VERY concerned about this since it is one of my favorite songs EVER. But I was really pleased with her version. She changed it just enough and I really enjoyed it, nice choice and nice job I think. Second best of the night for me.

Adam Lambert- "Mad World"
    Wow. I don't even know the song, but he slayed it, except for the last note. If you noticed he didn't try for that super high note in the rehearsal because when they showed the recaps he ended it differently. He is SO in a class all by himself and honestly the ONLY reason I am still watching this season.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

We all love ADAM...and think he is in a league of his own. If anyone other than Adam wins this contest, we will be shocked! The real contest should be who will come in second!
    Sherry

10 earlier times...
    1-08 ASMo ( MOM AND KIDS FOR 13 DAYS!!!)
    11-08 POP (Mom and Kids for 14 days!!!)
    4-21-10 thru 4-28-10 Pop Century (WE'RE GOING BACK!!!!!)
    8-13 thru 8-19-11 ASMo & 8-19 thru 8-28-11 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Talking American Idol

You gave a great report Sherri. Adam Lambert is clearly the winner of this season. He has the look, showmanship, and yes, he can sing. I think he has alot of talent, it just hasn't showed up yet. I am not nuts about the others, on the other hand, that being said, I could never even sing in the shower.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I walked in 5 minutes after it ended - who got voted off?!
    Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eam View Post
    Okay, I walked in 5 minutes after it ended - who got voted off?!
    Thanks in advance.
    I missed it as well, It was down to Anoop and Scott. I just looked it up online, and Scott was sent home. he lost by 30,000 votes (or so I read online)

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Okay, okay I know ... he wasn't good enough.

I still feel bad for the guy.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Okay, okay I know ... he wasn't good enough.

I still feel bad for the guy.
    I agree, I thought it was cute last night when he said "it's my punk side" lol. I still think Lil or Anoop should have went before Scott. He wasn't that good, But they are worse imo. Just because Anoop had one good night last night doesn't mean he is qualified enough to be in the top 7. And I can't figure out for the life of me why Lil is still there, She doesn't have a personality and hasn't established what type of artist she is yet, Unless you want to consider her a "karaoke artist" she's not good enough to have a spot in the top 7 either. Scott was the lesser of 3 evil's. His performance wasn't good last night, But he has had more good night's then Lil and Anoop have had all season.
    I mean shouldn't the producers have at least pushed him through to at least top 5, seeing as how many stupid things/semi offensive things Ryan has said to him. "how did you know the pants were pink?" And need I remind anyone of when Ryan tried to high five Scott?
    Just my

Post Thanks / Like

I wish it had been Lil but Scott probably shouldn't have made it that far anyways. I will miss his sense of humor, though...he always made me laugh.

Post Thanks / Like

Why feel bad? He's a sweet guy. He got some great exposure. He'll go on the idols tour. He'll make some incredible contacts to start a songwriting career. Scott isn't a singer. Anoop and Lil both sing far better than he does. They haven't connected with the audience and make some bad song choices, but they can sing. They won't make it to the end, either. But if Lil had gone this week, the judges would have saved her and left us with two going next week. Scott was the right choice this week.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I don't really feel bad for Scott because he wasn't going to win the whole thing and he wasn't THAT good. I think if it hadn't been for the likability factor, and let's admit it, the sympathy factor, he would've already been gone. I like the guy and I think he's talented but more often than not it's been a snoozefest with him.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree with you, Maryanne--I don't think the sympathy factor was a huge deal in Scott's remaining on the show for as long as he did. I can't think of anyone voted off the show so far that didn't deserve to go before him. In fact, IMO Lil should have been the one to go first, but she consistently escapes getting the boot, for some reason. Scott is a talented performer, but he just couldn't measure up to *most* of the remaining competitors at this point. Who knows what his plans are for after the tour, but I could see him being successful in a certain market--the Christian music industry, for example.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Beth I think we actually agree on his talent level. My point is what makes you on this show is a combo of actual talent and a connection with the audience. I think that Allison has great talent, yet she's already been in the bottom 3 twice. Scott is talented and passionate, but he's picked some really boring songs. It was not a commentary on his actual talent. Had it not been for the audience connection to him he would've been in danger earlier, due to song selection. I stand by that.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to add one more thing, and that is I did not watch the results show and I think I might've been more emotionally invested in Scott's departure had I done so. I've made it clear that I'm not an Anoop fan, so I would've been mad that Scott went before him, plus from what I hear, Scott's performance on results night was much better than his original.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I wanted to add one more thing, and that is I did not watch the results show and I think I might've been more emotionally invested in Scott's departure had I done so. I've made it clear that I'm not an Anoop fan, so I would've been mad that Scott went before him, plus from what I hear, Scott's performance on results night was much better than his original.
    Better than his original, yes. But still, not great. I'm unapologetic in my belief that he is not a singer of professional quality. He's pleasant, not awful to hear, but he really doesn't have it. Now as a pianist or songwriter, maybe. And they could even out his vocal rough spots in the recording studio, so yes, he could even have a recording career.

But I do think it's the inspiration factor and personal story that led them to pick him over some very talented others in the first place. I don't think many people are really gravitating to him for the sound of his voice or easy-listening song choices. I think it's his personality and the fact that he is able to do what he does and won't let anything dull his passion. He's better than Megan. I don't think he was better than Alexis Grace or the others still in it. More likable, yes.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    He's better than Megan. I don't think he was better than Alexis Grace or the others still in it. More likable, yes.
    Now that I think about it, I do agree that Alexis was probably better than Scott (and more interesting). But she kind of choked during country week.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    Now that I think about it, I do agree that Alexis was probably better than Scott (and more interesting). But she kind of choked during country week.
    Jolene was a really bad choice. She did choke that week. I wasn't really crazy about Dirty Diana, either, actually. I liked Alexis and Lil both a lot better in the preliminary rounds.
    Sherri

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: