Quantcast December Crowds

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: December Crowds

Post Thanks / Like

Default December Crowds

I was just wondering if the time between Thanksgiving and Xmas has increased -wise over the years or has it stayed pretty low like it use to be? I know that as you get closer to Xmas, the crowds do increase. But I was wondering if the first week of December has remained pretty low for or has it increased lately? I am trying to pick a time or year when there is a low amount of people so any advice would be appreciated.
    Aubree

Disney Trips:

01/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    02/05 - Port Orleans - Riverside
    03/01- Polynesian
    11/97 - Polynesian
    11/91 - Off-site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Some friends went the 1st and 2nd week of Dec. '08. They said they couldn't believe the crowds. I started a thread about it and lots of other people agreed. It seems the word has gotten out about this time of year. However, the CMs told my friends that there were much lower crowds the week right after Thanksgiving week.
    Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
    At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
    When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
    And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

Micki

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a different idea of crowds. Someone in a previous post had pictures up from the first week of Dec and wait times for rides and I was like "10-20 minute wait times, oh the horror." ...yeah, saracasm, lol. I was last their this time of year in 2003 but still and all I love the weather and all this time of year and I almost let other people's ideas of "crowded" make me change my whole vacation around.

9-1983 - Fort WIlderness Campground in an RV

10-1988 - Off property

1991 - Off property

12-1999 - All-Star Movies

03-2003 - Port Orleans - Riverside

12-2009 - Coronado Springs

I look forward to my next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there the Dec6-15 last yr and found the crowds manageable. I would say they are comparable to when we usually go last wk of April. Most wait times were no more then 25 minutes but your most popular rides like Soarin, TT, EE, ToT, TSM had long waits. We rode everything without waiting more then 15 min by going early and using FP. The busiest time we have been was during mid April spring break crowds and we vowed never to do that again. I think you will find an early Dec trip very pleaseant.
    Sassy2000

Prior to 2007 off site
    Oct 07 AS Music
    Apr 08 AS Movies
    Dec 08 CSR & POR
    Feb 09 Pop

Nov/Dec 09 CBR &AKL
    May 10 CSR
    Oct 10 Poly!!
    May 11 AS Music
    Oct 11 AKV & BWV
    Feb 12 AKV
    Feb 13 POR Royal Room

Post Thanks / Like

We left the Sunday after Thanksgiving this past December and I was surprised at the crowds. It wasn't summer crowds but it had definetely increased from years passed. We had gone in October of '08 as well and it wasn't nearly as crowded as December.

Post Thanks / Like

We've gone every year during the first half of December for years. This year was the most crowded I've ever seen it. Nothing to compare to the summer, of course, or a big holiday weekend, but pretty substantial crowds.

The lowest I've personally experienced in recent years was Mother's day weekend last year--it was practically empty.

Post Thanks / Like

we went 12/7/08 - 12/15/08. we have never been there in December so I have no comparison point BUT I thought the crowds were pretty low. The weekends were more crowded, but all in all it was pretty good crowd wise. Much better than when we went in May 07
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to 2006, there was a lot more people and a lot more ride goers. Where I noticed it the most was at the parades. If you weren't there 45 minutes before a parade, you got a bad seat. Same with Illuminations: I started looking for a spot 30 minutes in advance and EVERY front line spot was taken. In 2006, I found a fantastic spot 10 minutes before the show. Big difference this time around.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: