Quantcast Still need to arrive in AM for TSM?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Still need to arrive in AM for TSM?

I experienced my first ever race to an attraction in August for Toy Story Mania. We'd like to ride this again, but I don't want to arrive before rope drop for the mad dash. How about arriving about 10 or 11 am? Would we still be able to ride? What are waits like these days?
    Last edited by mouseketeer mom; 02-01-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It was still pretty crazy when I was there a couple of weeks ago.. we were at the rope drop, ran to the ride and I got 11:30 FP. Wait times were anywhere between 1-2 hours. It's still sort of insane! I like TSM and all, but I'll take Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin any day!!
    <3 Robin

Prince Charming: It's offical. I've lost my mind. First I'm hijacked by bluebirds and now I'm talking to ...imaginary mice.

King: I do trust you son.... It's the talking mice I'm worried about...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mouseketeer mom View Post
    I experienced my first ever race to an attraction in August for Toy Story Mania. We'd like to ride this again, but I don't want to arrive before rope drop for the mad dash. How about arriving about 10 or 11 am? Would we still be able to ride? What are waits like these days?
    At that point, there is a chance FP could be gone (at the least, they would be for late at night), and at least an hour wait.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived at DHS (we were just there I think we went on or around January 8th, dont have my trip notes on me, but some where around that date) and we arrived at the park around 9 am and the wait was already very high...I think it was around 160 minutes and when we arrived back for our fastpass at 11:15...they were sold out completely of fastpasses and the standby line was wayyyyy higher...
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

We were planning to go to HS on Tuesday in the morning just to ride Mania. We were going to park there, do the ride along with GMR, then on to MK, then Epcot for the rest of the day. We may have to rethink this.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

We went in June and I didn't think the line was all that bad. Granted we arrived before rope drop on an EMH morning. We did ToT and RnRC then made our way to TSM. I don't remember the exact time of the wait, but we also road Star Tours and were leaving the park by around 10am. Since we were only in the park for about 2 hours I can't imagine we waited more than 30 minutes for TSM. I'm interested to see how it goes for you in March. We are going back in June and I'd rather not do the morning EMH again. It was just too early for us.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Based on my experiences in December, I would say ... no chance!

You need to be there right at opening and join the mad dash to even have a shot at getting on without a 60-90 minute wait.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We were there on Dec 10 and for some reason it escaped my mind that TSM was there.....so when we happened upon it was about 8 pm and the stanby line was 45 minutes.....which was really not that bad, it was moving fast until we got in front of Mr. Potato Head....then the ride broke down and we stood there forEVERRRRRRRRR it seemed.....our 45 minutes turned into more like an hour and 45 minutes!! We walked out at 9:30ish.

We all liked it but decided that a wait of more than 20 minutes was just not worth it, as is basically the case with all the rides, but sometimes you have to wait longer -- which we did in December a LOT!

I can say at least on Buzz.....I got 999999!!! Don't ask me how though......I can't remember!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, that helps. I think we will pass on this on our upcoming. None of us want to take part in the opening rush again, and we did get to enjoy it twice in August.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Based on my experiences in December, I would say ... no chance!

You need to be there right at opening and join the mad dash to even have a shot at getting on without a 60-90 minute wait.
    Not entirely true...we arrived around 10-ish got a FP with everyone else (the machines were starting to run out by the time we got ours) and got in line when it said there was a 50 min wait. Our actual wait was only about 25 minutes. I read on another board that if the line is not out the door then the wait is under an hour. Not sure if this is true, but it was in our case.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back tonight from a week at WDW. (Jan. 25-Feb.1) Now the longest wait we saw was 70 minutes. With FP still available past lunch time. Now, we did not check the wait on Saturday the 31st which was to be the busiest day we saw the entire week we were there.
    Our first ride, the wait was posted at 20 minutes but it took us only 10.
    Katherine
    6/2015 POP Celebrating Youngest Son's HS graduation and my birthday.
    6/2012 POFQ Celebrating Daughter's HS graduation and my birthday
    01/2009 ASMu 20th anniversary
    12/2004 ASMu
    12/2001 POR
    12/1982 OffSite, 04/1987 OffSite

Post Thanks / Like

we were there in Jan...and the fast passes were gone early....we used to run to the right for TOT and RnR...but know it staight back to TSM...if riding this ride is important I'd get there early.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, since I haven't been to WDW since March of '08, has the hype around TSM lessened the lines at Soarin' at all? It seems like the new "big thing" always has the biggest lines (with the exception of Expedition: Everest, which I swear in the 9 months I worked at WDW I never saw have more than a 45 minute line).
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't seen this attraction yet so thanks for the heads up!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    Just out of curiosity, since I haven't been to WDW since March of '08, has the hype around TSM lessened the lines at Soarin' at all? It seems like the new "big thing" always has the biggest lines (with the exception of Expedition: Everest, which I swear in the 9 months I worked at WDW I never saw have more than a 45 minute line).
    We were in EPCOT everyday. Rode Soarin several times..>All with FP's...Never saw the line under 45 minutes. Unless it was late in the day/night and then it would be about 25....But FP's were still available. But with only one machine open.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's New

I think WDW has so many repeat, repeat, repeat every year visitors that when ANYthing new opens the demand is very high.

When we were there in December we had to set an alarm for almost predawn to make the rope drop and mad dash.

It was that or hope for a FastPass before they ran out and a return time that could be hours after making the trek to TSM to pick the FPs up.

It's a fun attraction but the managers at DHS must shake their heads and think, "What a bunch of fools."

Post Thanks / Like

I was at DHS TODAY and the first thing I did was get my fp for TSM at about 9:10. My return time was for 10:50. The stand-by entrance said a 40 minute wait. I decided to take my chances and got in line. It took about 30 minutes, and there was no line outside the building. When I went back for my fast pass time there were still fast passes available, but for a return time of 6:00. The stand-by line was about 75 minutes. The park wasn't busy at all today...I think most the guests were there just for TSM I'm kidding about that part, but the rest of the park was pretty dead today.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    30+visits to WDW
    Port Orleans-RS and FQ
    Caribbean Beach
    Coronado Springs
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Beach Club
    Contemporary
    Polynesian
    Pop Century

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back. A few days ago we went to TSM at 10:00 am- it was going to be an EMH evening so I'm sure the parks might have been more crowded in the am, but still...the fast pass was for 2:20-3:20.

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the Studios on Monday January 26 and the wait was 90 minutes in the afternoon. All the fastpasses were gone. We did not wait.

Next time I will know better and go early.
    Old Key West - December 2015
    All Start Music - August 2014
    Port Orleans - May 2013 + Dream Cruise, Jan 1997
    Fort Wilderness - Jan 2011, Jan 2009, Dec 2002
    Disney Village Resort - August 1993
    Off site - Jan 1992 (Honeymoon), Dec 1989, Feb. 1977 (CCD)

Post Thanks / Like

Just some quick stats since I was just there last Monday.

Got in at 9:15 (Park opened at 9 no morning EMH), went right to TSM and got FP's for 11:35 to 12:35. Standby time was 45 minutes so we went in line and waited about 30 to get onto the ride. When we came out, FP's were 3:35 to 4:35. We came back to do our FP at 12:15 and the FP's were done. Park was open until 7 and there was an evening EMH.
    "And Kelp...
    Seaweed...
    Kelp..."

HORIZONS (R.I.P.)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: