Quantcast Question About DVC Resale

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question About DVC Resale

Hi all! I have a couple of quick questions about DVC Resale:

1. If I purchase 200 points at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and later decide to add an additional 50 points but buy into Beach Club instead, would both of these be considered my 'home' resort? Would I be able to book 11 months in advance at either Vero Beach or Beach Club?

2. For those of you who have bought into an off property location like Vero Beach or Hilton Head, is it difficult to book onsite resorts within the 7 month reservation window? (We usually go off peak - September, early December or January)

Thank you!
    See You Real Soon!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    Hi all! I have a couple of quick questions about DVC Resale:

1. If I purchase 200 points at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and later decide to add an additional 50 points but buy into Beach Club instead, would both of these be considered my 'home' resort? Would I be able to book 11 months in advance at either Vero Beach or Beach Club?!
    No, just the 50 points worth of 11mo. booking advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
    2. For those of you who have bought into an off property location like Vero Beach or Hilton Head, is it difficult to book onsite resorts within the 7 month reservation window? (We usually go off peak - September, early December or January)

Thank you!
    Just FYI December is one of the busiest times for DVC.

Buy where you want to stay! I did and never regretted it. All resort prices are down across the board so don't just go for the cheapest. Good luck!
    2008 @ VWL Turkey Day 8 day Adventure
    2008 Oct. @ BCV can we not get rained out of MNSSHP?????
    2008 Easter @ BCV & AKV 8 Days of Joy!
    2007 Nov. DVC going home to VWL & MVMCP gotta do it twice!
    2007 Sept. DVC going home to BCV & 1st MNSSHP boo!
    2006 DEC. POLY MKV. Concierge & MVMCP

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, BOTH resorts would be your home resort. You can book 200 points at 11 months AT VERO BEACH, AND 50 points at 11 months AT BEACH CLUB. You would have to wait until 7 months out to book 200 of the 250 AT BEACH CLUB.

Buy where you want to stay. There's a reason Vero and Hilton are even cheaper than SSR. Lately, getting into a NON HOME resort is very difficult, especially at DVC peak times. Early December is a DVC peak time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default dvc

both would be your home. the big difference is that if you wanted to stay at the one that has the less points you cannot complete your trip until 7 month window.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j&j View Post
    both would be your home. the big difference is that if you wanted to stay at the one that has the less points you cannot complete your trip until 7 month window.
    Incorrect... You mean, if you need to use ALL your points in one place, you cannot complete your accomodations planning until the 7 month window.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: