Quantcast Have you ever... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

When we ate at Le Cellier, everything was good, food and service, we enjoyed our meal, but we were expecting so much more from all the reviews. So while it was fine, it fell a long way short of the hype we had read about it on these boards and others.

Same experience at Chef Mickey's. not that I expected great food, knew it was a buffet, but we left there thinking, so what is all the buzz about. The coolest thing about it is being inside the Contemporary Atrium, but you can get that just riding the monorail or walking through.

We enjoyed the food and atmosphere at Boma and will go there again. About what we expected.

On the other hand, one place that exceeded my expectations was California Grill. A super dining experience. Great food service and atmosphere. I wish we could afford to go there more often.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Here's my not so fav's

Okay, I didn't think I had the guts to admit it. This is my confession, father forgive me! Boma--not so great. The choices for dinner were so-so. The turkey leg tasted too much like smoked ham. Being from New England, I guess I like regular roasted turkey like on Thanksgiving. The coffee isn't so great at Kona cafe. Not nuts about it. LeCellier didn't turn me on either. I liked Teppen Edo, but no rush to go back there. The food at Shutters at CBR was awful. Spoodles wasn't that great either. Don't worry, I have my favorites though. There are plenty of choices for all of us.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

The tonga toast at Poly USED to be out of this world. They changed it - it's no longer fried, and to compensate they doubled the sugar coating. It's like a big slab of dry foam rubber with a pound of sugar dumped on it. So no wonder folks are confused by the raves for tonga toast - it just doesn't exist in its former glory any more.

The same is true for schoohouse bread. They changed the recipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Over rated restaurants: Le Cellier and Jiko.

We had snotty servers at both places who didn't like our wine choices, so we said fine, no wine for us. The food at Le Cellier is mediocre, and the tables are crammed together so tight that you're touching elbows with strangers.

At Jiko they served us dog food and toe cheese. I swear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
    The tonga toast at Poly USED to be out of this world. They changed it - it's no longer fried, and to compensate they doubled the sugar coating. It's like a big slab of dry foam rubber with a pound of sugar dumped on it. So no wonder folks are confused by the raves for tonga toast - it just doesn't exist in its former glory any more.

The same is true for schoohouse bread. They changed the recipe.
    I had it when it was fried, and still didn't like it (I forgot to mention that it was also too greasy).
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elmjimmlm View Post
    I will be the first to say that I don't care for San Angel Inn...I know that people rave about it but it had to be the nastiest place we have been to...

And Nine Dragons.......

Both, never again!!
    10/91-Honeymoon YC Concierge
    6/92, 5/93, 9/95, 9/99-YC
    9/00-BWI,YC
    6/01-AKL,YC
    9/02-BCV,YC
    5/03-BCV
    8/03-WLV,BWV
    1/04-HH,BWV,OKW
    6/04, 5/05-BWV
    8/05, 11/07-SSR
    2/09-BCV
    11/09-BCV
    5/11-AKL
    4/12-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Definately zebra domes. Heard some much about them that when I had one, I thought I selected the wrong item! Give me Boma's chocolate mousse over a dome any day.

8/11 CSR
    8/10 - Wilderness Lodge
    2009 CSR
    2009 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    2008 Polynesian
    2008 POR
    2007 CSR
    2007 OKW
    2006 CBR
    Many offsite trips...before kids

Post Thanks / Like

I second (or third, as the case may be) the sentiments about the San Angel Inn. The food quality there is poor, and even the recipes seem off to me. I eat a lot of Mexican and Tex-Mex food, and what they serve at San Angel is not good... That being said, I really love the atmosphere at San Angel Inn; twilight dining near the edge of the River of Time, with the Mayan pyramid and smoking volcano in the distance... Just, get that nasty black tamale away from my face please!!

Post Thanks / Like

Whispering Canyon all you can eat skillet. I'm not a fan of St Louis ribs at all. The rest of the stuff is okay but nothing special. I'd compare it to the Golden Corral.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    I had it when it was fried, and still didn't like it (I forgot to mention that it was also too greasy).
    That was our complaint as well, Rhonda.
    Obviously lots of people enjoyed it, but not us!!
    35+ trips to WDW since 1985...and it never gets old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonaldsBFF View Post
    I would have to second that Boma was not all that good for us. We read great reviews so we tried it on our last trip. Both my DW and I were not impressed. It seemed like a buffet full of side dishes and salads and such. Nothing with any real substance. I wasn't sure if I would like it since I don't do much experimenting with food but I was suprised when my DW said she didn't like it either and she always likes different foods. That being said AKL is a beautiful resort and we were glad we got to see it.
    I couldn't agree more,"a buffet full of side dishes",perfectly put.My wife and I both agreed that we would never try Boma again.
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the Dole Whip! Rather have fresh pineapple slices.

I can't figure out what the hype is about Whispering Canyon Cafe. Casey's Corner is good but, really, how much can you do to a hot dog?

Now LTT on the other hand....

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to second what others have said: I found Tonga Toast to be way too sweet and I don't think we'll be back to Le Cellier anytime soon. I'll leave those experiences for the people who truly enjoy them.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I was not impressed with zebra domes and I am a chocoholic. My kids loved them though. I much preferred the banana bread pudding, which I had not heard about until I was at Boma.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

For me it's Le Cellier. There are so many great reviews here, I love steak - I figured it was a can't miss. But our waiter was unpleasant and my steak was so undercooked that I had to send it back. A restaurant should be able to cook steak to order.

Post Thanks / Like

From all the reviews and raving about Le Cellier on other websites I thought it would be out of this world. It wasn't - good - but not the mind blowing experience I was led to believe it was.

And the tie-dye cheesecake at Pop - I love cheescake and was super excited about trying this - but it looks like Play-Doh and I think Play-Doh probably tastes better - ate two mouthfuls and threw it in the bin!
    Previous Trips
    1998 - Offsite
    1999 - Offsite
    2003 - Offsite
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Pop Century
    June 2009 - Pop Century
    Next trip ... September 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

After reading so many glowing reviews, my DD and I couldn't wait to try Boma. We were so disappointed.
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

i was really looking forward to trying a dole whip after earing so many great things, but I really was disappointed
    Sequoia Lodge @ DLP 2002,2003,2004,2005,2006 & 2015
    Hotel New York @ DLP 2007,2008 & 2010
    Newport Bay @ DLP 2014
    All Star Movies @ WDW 2006
    Pop Century @ WDW 2007
    Port Orleans FQ @ WDW 2009, 2011, 2013 & 2015

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of the disappointment may be due to expectations. When you're expecting something phenomenal and get something that's just good, it's disappointing. When you have no expectations and like what you get, you give it a good review. I also think that part of the raves for some of these places/items also comes from a love of the atmosphere. I wouldn't think much of having a Mickey ice cream in my backyard. But getting one on Main St. and watching the parade makes it an entirely different experience! I always try to table my expectations on trips and it usually allows me to have a much more enjoyable experience.

Post Thanks / Like

The cheese soup at LeCellier. I thought I would gag ! Also, and I know this is blasphemy, but we didn't care for the Flying Fish. We had heard so much about it and although the food was ok, the service was so rushed I hadn't finished my appetizer before my entree was served. The waiter even commented about rushing us. We will probably try it again but the first visit was not impressive.
    [COLOR=DarkRed]Paula[/

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: