Quantcast Your first Disneyland Memories - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    To remove any confusion . . . Rocket Jets (previously known as Astro Jets in the late 50s and early 60s) were redesigned, moved to the front of Tomorrowland, and renamed the Astro Orbitor in 1998.

Also during 1998's reopening of Tomorrowland, the Rocket Rods - a completely different ride - replaced the area previously covered by the People Mover.

Now . . . Back to topic . . .
    I used to love to ride the elevator up to ride the Jets!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My first trip to DL was at about age 7. I remember waking when it was still dark, and driving to the airport. The flaps on the plane had some malfunction, and we had to make an emergency landing in SanFrancisco. My ears hurt so bad! (First time flying also.) We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, and I remember riding the Monorail to the park. During that time, there was some kind of celebration going on, where if you were the 100th? 50th? guest, you got a prize. Anyway, I was the lucky guest! After some fanfare, a CM escourted my family to cityhall, where I was presented with a certificate, button, and huge Mickey and Minnie. I was just sooooo cool!

Another memory: One of the first rides we did, was the Matterhorn, which scared my brother and I. Upon exiting my elderly grandmother, who was traveling with us, informed us that she had forgotton to bring her heart medicine!

To this day, I love DL, because it's the one place I can go, where I can forget the stresses and worries of being an adult.
    The countdown is on, for our Disneyland vacation in Sept. 2010
    2009-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2008-Paradise Pier Hotel
    2006-Carribean Beach
    2004-Coronado Springs & Port Orleans FQ
    2003-Off Property (Condo)
    1996-Dolphin
    1992-Off Property

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maizey05 View Post
    ... After some fanfare, a CM escourted my family to cityhall, where I was presented with a certificate, button, and huge Mickey and Minnie. ...
    I have that same Mickey and Minnie!!
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only been to Disneyland once, in 1993, with my then DGF (now DW). The most special memories are holding onto her tight while riding the Matterhorn, seeing The LItttle Mermaid show in Adventureland (hadn't seen the movie at that point, but seeing a 50 foot Ursula rise out of the water was pretty cool), and eating clam chowder out of a sourdough bread bowl (I'm still very disappointed they don't offer that anymore).

As an aside, I still kick myself that I lived only 30 minutes away from DL for over 1 1/2 years and only did the one visit. Maybe someday we'll get to go again, but at least getting to WDW the last few years has helped ease the pain.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Talking First Memories...

Just wanting to hear your first memories of Disneyland!

I think my first memory of Disneyland was when I met the Mouse himself. I remember I had my little Snow White autograph book (who was my favorite princess as a kid) and was shaking when I gave it to him. I could NOT believe that I was actually meeting THE Mouse, himself. That was quickly overshadowed later that day when I met Snow White

Let's hear your memories!
    Disney baby #1 - 03/15/14

Post Thanks / Like

Growing up and living in So Cal you would think we went to DL all the time. Not the case. We struggled growing up and couldnt afford to go to DL all that often (probably explains why I now need to go every month). Its amazing that back in the 80's $17 was alot of money for admission. My Dad had (still does) a flair for the dramatic. He lives for the big reveal.
    I remember being woken up before the sun and told to get dressed. As kids we didnt question our parents then. We got in the car (Dad, Mom, 2 bros & 1 sis) had breakfast at IHop (we thought this was the treat). It wasnt until I saw the strawberry fields along the 5 that I knew where we were headed. I do miss those strawberry fields. They were a sign that something special was coming up. I remember parking the car and taking that long walk up to the front gate. To this day, walking thru the turnstile still excites me.
    My DS is 11 and has gone so often that it doesnt feel like a treat for him anymore. Maybe thats my fault, but I hope my DD who is 18 mo isnt as jaded.
    Oh well, this is a good topic. I look forward to reading others memories.
    Adina
    DVC Since 2007 - AKL, BLT, VGC
    WDW Feb 2010 -BLT
    Poly - Feb 2007
    All Star Sports - Aug 2005
    DL Prem AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great story Adina! Really warms my heart to think of how your father obviously worked hard to surprise you guys. Disneyland is just so magical!
    Disney baby #1 - 03/15/14

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: