Quantcast Just Booked ADR's using New Dining System

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Booked ADR's using New Dining System

I just booked my ADR's for June using the new dining system. I started calling at 6:58am, and once the line opened, I was placed in the hold que for approximately 40 minutes. How it is working now is that you give the reservation agent a "time frame" that you are wanting to dine at a particular restaurant. Then they see what's available. You are no longer given a confirmation number at the end of each ADR. All reservations are placed in a "shopping cart" and when you are done, you give the agent your credit card information, if necessary for some ADR's, and he/she re-confirms each ADR and provides each confirmation number. The numbers are now 12-digits long, so be prepared to write. Also, make sure that you have your hotel reservation number available. You cannot begin the ADR process until they have it. It is the first thing they ask for.
    Hope this helps all who are about to make "the call".

P.S. I was able to get all of my ADR's. WOOHOO
    07/11 Wilderness Lodge
    11/08 POFQ
    06/08 POFQ
    12/03 All Stars Movies - Toy Story
    09/03 Hyatt Grand Cypress Resort
    11/02 All Stars Music - Country
    05/02 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    07/01 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    03/01 Off Property

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I would add is that if you make any reservations at a resort you get that confirmation number immediately. Apparently the resorts are still on the old system. Or at least that's how it was on the 13th.
    September 2002 - Coronado Springs
    June 9-17, 2005 - All-Star Movies
    June 11-18, 2009 - Pop Century
    May 19-22, 2011 - POR
    May 22-26, 2011 - Disney Dream - our first Disney cruise
    June 11-18, 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

We just made our Adr's as well. My hold time was longer than last year, but the agent was wonderful and took the reservations in a relaxed friendly manner. I did get confirmation numbers on all reservations at the end of the session. Even though I called later in the morning, about 10:30, I was still able to get Cinderellas table for lunch and Le Cellier for lunch. As for my other choices, they were all available. Good Luck to all on your ressies!

Post Thanks / Like

I made our reservations for June this morning. I was on hold for 1 hour 35 minutes before speaking to anyone and was on the phone with the dining agent for almost an hour. She told me she had been using the new system for about a week and a half and it had been very problematic, thus the longer wait times. She was having problems with the system hanging forever and also with the Fantasmic package. No restaurants were showing any packages available for June 28th (a night that Fantasmic is held). She alerted a manager and there was a problem with this and they told me to try back later. I just called back and it was not available so it may be that it just booked up faster than normal.

The other problem the agent had was having the system tell her that the party size was too large (there are only 4 of us). She said this has been a common error in the last week but that she plays around with it until it works out.

I was able to get everything I wanted with exception of the Fantasmic package. I went ahead and made a normal ressie for Brown Derby anyway, but I will keep trying to call back on that!

So, if you make any dining reservations in the near future, be prepared for it to take a little bit longer than normal and be patient!
    Kristen :)

March 1999 - All Star Movies
    October 2001 - POR
    October 2003 - Contemporary
    March 2004 - POP
    October 2004 - SSR
    Feb 2005 - OKW
    May 2006 - BCV, October 2006 - POLY/VWL
    Feb 07 - SSR , April/May 2007 - BCV
    Dec 2007 - SSR
    Aug 2008 - Cont., Oct 2008 - BWL

Post Thanks / Like

so you can make the ressies 90 days from your check in date....is this correct?

I check in June 21 so if I'm correct on my counting tomorrow would be my day to call.

Post Thanks / Like

I made ours last Monday. It was a pain in the neck. I hate the super long confirmation numbers and I hate the "shopping" cart idea. Her computer messed up several times during our call and we had to start completely over. Hated it!

On a good note I only had a 5 minute wait until I was able to talk to someone. I called at 7:00 am. I was on the phone for about 40 minutes.

Also, if you don't have your reservation number they can look it up for you. I don't have mine because we are in a grand gathering and I've never even thought to get it from my sister. They were able to find it for me after I provided them with my name, address, arrival and departure days.
    Last trips: August 06, May 07, November 08, June 09
    Next trip: May 21-30, 2012

Post Thanks / Like

So, offsite guests can't make ADRs anymore? If you NEED a reservation number, they won't have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    So, offsite guests can't make ADRs anymore? If you NEED a reservation number, they won't have one.
    You only need the reservation number if you're trying to book 90 + 10 days that's allowed for resort-only guest. If you're staying off site, you can book at 90 days from each day, so you have to call back each day.

Post Thanks / Like

I called today and had different reservation numbers for each reservation, but I only made 2ADRs and one was for Hoop Dee Doo. I was able to get the date/time I wanted for Hoop Dee Doo, but only had Category 1 available. I was only able to make reservations through June 20 because we're staying at Shades of Green, which not an official Disney property.

I plan to call back later in the week to make additional ADRs.

I called mid-morning and waited only a couple of minutes.
    February 1986, offsite
    November 1993, offiste (honeymoon)
    November 1997, SoG
    March 2002, Polynesian/Contemporary
    November 2005, SoG

Up next: SoG, June 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Oddly enough, I called the dining number and the only ADR they could make was at Chef Mickeys. (Along with the Castle or V&A.) He then transfered me to a CM for the rest and I held as long as I could but had to go to work. Called back that evening and got all but one ADR at very close to my prefered time. We have a party of nine and I was told I had to call Narcoosees directly for that large a party. When I called, I got a recording saying leave a message with name and number and they would call back within 48 hours. I gave my cell number, which I left at home one day and the next it went dead. DUH! Fortunately they continued to call until they got me and we were given an ADR a bit earlier than we wanted but still very acceptable. Very nice guy took my call. So far in about 12 calls for various reasons, I've gotten about 85% great service. The others weren't rude but not very magical.

Disney World
    Off site - 1980-1983
    CR - 87, BC - 95, YC - 99, BW - 05, GF - 06, BW - 07
    BC - 09 with kids and grandkids
    BC - 10, BC - '11,
    June 2012, family retirement vacation Poly
    Dec. 2013 GF/BC CL
    Sept. 2014. GF. CL. 40th Anniversary.

It ain't a vacation if you don't go fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

I book from the UK and though I am staying at Wilderness lodge I don't get a reservation number - when I phone will this cause problems?
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

When I booked last week the CM was very good- I could tell the system was giving him a little trouble, but he wasn't passing his frustration on to me, I was really impressed with him. He did all 12 ADRs in about 10 minutes- even with reading the 12 digit confirmation numbers to me!

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I called this morning and was only able to book the first night. The problem is that I have a DVC reservation and I had been on a waitlist for part of my trip. When the waitlist came through I have different reservation number for part of my trip even though the trip is all linked together at the same hotel. The system would only let the CM make reservations for one night. I have to make the rest tomorrow when that reservation number begins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dragongirlx View Post
    I book from the UK and though I am staying at Wilderness lodge I don't get a reservation number - when I phone will this cause problems?
    I had the same issue as you but when I rang I explained that I was from the UK and had booked through Virgin so the girl said "fine tell me which resort you are staying at, the day you check in and your surname". I did and she found our reservation straight away! I had an awesome CM who was very friendly and had a very easy time booking our ADR's!
    Previous Trips
    1998 - Offsite
    1999 - Offsite
    2003 - Offsite
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Pop Century
    June 2009 - Pop Century
    Next trip ... September 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

We made our second set of ADRs on Sunday, and only had to wait 20 minutes at 7 am Eastern time (unlike an hour last Sunday). We got a great CM who was able to get us all of the remaining ADRs we wanted but had not yet been able to book.

We called later in the morning to add an additional ADR (Cat 1 seating for Luau with TiW discount) and we were on hold for about 45 minutes. However, once again, we got a fab CM on the line who was able to hook us up with the ressie we wanted with the discount.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    I had the same issue as you but when I rang I explained that I was from the UK and had booked through Virgin so the girl said "fine tell me which resort you are staying at, the day you check in and your surname". I did and she found our reservation straight away! I had an awesome CM who was very friendly and had a very easy time booking our ADR's!
    Ok thanks very much that puts my mind at ease
    Dragongirlx (AkA Ruth)

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

2004 - offsite
    2006 - Dolphin
    2007- WL
    2008 - Poly
    2009 - WL
    2010 - GF
    2012 - WL
    2013 - WL
    2014 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guests

Has anyone yet described any way this new system is better for guests?

Post Thanks / Like

I booked through AAA - is the AAA confirmation number the same as the reservation number through Disney?
    I figured that I ask the Intercotees before calling my AAA agent.
    Disneyland - California: Countless times as a kid
    WDW (1st trip): 05.30.07 - 06.06.07, POP Century
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 06.15.08
    Disneyland - California: 05.27.09 (celebrating 24th birthday)

Upcoming trips:
    12.09.2009 - 12.10.2009, Disneyland - California

Post Thanks / Like

Question based on post: is 7am the time ADR lines open? This is the first time with kids so we'll be doing a lot more character dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the lines open at 7 AM EST......

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: