Quantcast # of People

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: # of People

Post Thanks / Like

Default # of People

I understand that the one bedroom units at Old Key West say that the # of people in the room is 4. We are thinking of going in Sept and it would be my DW and DD and 2 young GD plus myself. Would this be allowed? The GD are 7 and 8. I do not want to get a 2 BR. With having to have your KTTW card for extra magic hours everyone has to be registered so I want to make sure. We are Florida residents with AP's so we dont do packages. Any help would be appreciated as we dont want to do anything wrong.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm about 98% sure that you won't be able to fit into a 1BR. One of the kid must be under 3 I bleeive to fit in that room.

I think some of the 1BR at AKLV (Kidani) can accomodate 5.

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to say the same thing.

No for OKW- but you should be fine in some of the new Animal Kingdom Villas that sleep 5 in a 1 bedroom.
    Linda
    aka: wendy*darling

INTERCOT Staff:
    Disney & Orlando Dining/Nightlife, Shopping & Water Parks/Disney Vacation Club

DVC owners at WLV, BCV and SSR
    Next up: VWL & POFQ Dec 2009 - just adults!
    On Deck: DCL Wonder Dec 2010... but I'm sure we can come up with something before then!

southern Indiana - 16 hours away from paradise
    Post Thanks / Like

I have asked my DVC tour guide, my sales rep., and member services (since buying resale) this same question and have been told everytime the same thing everytime. We asked if we would be allowed to have 5 people in a one-bedroom villa at resorts other than AKL or now BLT, we were always told YES!! We haven't actually had to do it yet but we have been told we could. The only catch is that we would have to provide the bed/bedding for the extra person such as an airbed or something. We are a family of five but usually travel with extra people. One of our hold ups has always been the fact that we have to get a two-bedroom villa when we travel without extra people. Our kids are 10, 8, and 3. The 10 and 8 still sleep together and the 3 sleeps with us so we don't need all the extra room. We were told that it isn't allowed in a studio but it is allowed in the one-bedroom villas that sleep 4 (not AKL or BLT). We were also told that they allow it as a perk so that DVC doesn't have to add the sleeper chair to all the DVC resorts and then raise the member fees to pay for the upgrade. Please let me know what you find out because I'm really afraid that Disney won't follow through on this one. I know it doesn't sound like a big deal to some people but it makes a HUGE difference to some of us. Sorry I got so wordy! This is just a hot topic for me!!!
    °0° Lori °0°
    '13--Pop and BCV
    '12--Pop and OKW
    '11--POR and AKV/BLT
    '10--POR
    '09--Pop and BCV -- Our first trip "home"
    '08--Pop and Poly-1st P&PP
    '07--Pop Century - 1st MNSSHP
    '07--ASMu--First family trip
    Many, many trips as a child with my parents

Post Thanks / Like

This question has come up before several times and there seems to be a lot of conflicting information out there.

Best I can ascertain, DVC does allow 5 people in their 1BR's, even though they are listed as accomodations for four.

Many people have reported doing this, so we tried it last year in December - and we were allowed to have 5 people in a 1BR at VWL. Yes - we were all legally registered.

I think that ldc12377 is correct in his post - but the best bet would be to call Member Services. They'll let you know up front.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

What is true today may not be true tomorrow. DVC has been letting people have 5 in a 1 bed (never in a studio) but they don't provide any bed or bedding for the 5th person. People take aero beds or some such with them. As more DVC properties with an official 5 person count open I suspect DVC is going to get stricter on the 4 person rule. I don't know that but I do know that allowing 5 folks in OKW 1 bed is not part of your contract.

Checking with member services before each stay is the best bet.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlpmikki View Post
    Checking with member services before each stay is the best bet.
    As they say in the news business, "If your mother tells you she loves you, check your sources!"

I would only be happy when ALL FIVE are on the reservation, even that may not happen each time you try.

Post Thanks / Like

Call MS and ask, it never hurts to ask. We are another family of 5 who have stayed in a one bedroom - legally! All five of us were listed in the room.

Also, of all the resorts OKW is the best place to get 5 into a one bedroom due to its larger size. You will have enough room to place an aero bed in the living room with the sofa bed without feeling overly cramped.
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Default # of people

Just got off of the phone with MS and all 5 are on the reservation. As someone had said they do not provide beding and such. But we are all legaly on the reservation. Thanks for all of the help!

Post Thanks / Like

Grumpy Grandpa's daughter here! Thanks everyone for your help. We are legal. Yeah! No more worries.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: