Quantcast Improvements vs Cutbacks: Commentary & Discussion of Current Disney Management - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

She does have a point about the GM discussion, though. Way and I'm just as guilty as everyone else.

Let's leave that for another day.

btw, Tekneek, all good points. Didn't want to ignore what you said. I'm opposed to the governmental bailout of corporations, period.

As far as I'm concerned, any governmental meddling in the free markets is only a recipe for disaster. If our politicians had any business accumen, they'd be in the business world not politics.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    The title of this thread is Improvements vs. Cutbacks: Commetary and Discussion of Current Disney Management. It was opened by a moderator. And this thread has followed that title exact. Has nothing to do with Wishes. Even though the first few posts deal with a possible Wishes cutback, we are completely on topic.
    Nope, sorry Goth, but the posts about GM and its former CEO have absolutely nothing to do with Disney anything. Even though Lisa used Wishes as an example, she's 100% correct. This has gotten way off topic in the last page.
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Nope, sorry Goth, but the posts about GM and its former CEO have absolutely nothing to do with Disney anything. Even though Lisa used Wishes as an example, she's 100% correct. This has gotten way off topic in the last page.
    Eh, you are right. The GM convo does go off topic. Ok, I take it back, she has a point.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

lockedoutlogic Guest

Back to the original:

they are cutting back on all viable fronts.....
    they are not reinvesting....only small necessary rehabs and asthetics (barely)...
    The third party development does not count as Disney "imagineering" anything new...in the traditonal sense....

so here we are....

(Now i just sit and wait for the powerbrokers to come get me as being too "negative" on this one)

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Back to the original:

they are cutting back on all viable fronts.....
    they are not reinvesting....only small necessary rehabs and asthetics (barely)...
    The third party development does not count as Disney "imagineering" anything new...in the traditonal sense....

so here we are....

(Now i just sit and wait for the powerbrokers to come get me as being too "negative" on this one)
    Agreed on all points. Parks are getting just enough done to allow them to say they are spending money on that front.

Have to add one thing -- they ARE spending money -- ON DVC. BLT & THV are both vacuuming up some pretty serious cash. AKV is still under construction, so more cash goes there as well.

Non-timeshare properties are showing lack-of-love lately, even more so that the parks. IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I also wonder how much the redo of DCA is factoring in to things. That's a billion-plus dollar project in and of itself.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I sit corrected. My little mind can't wrap itself around anything outside of WDW in the Disney budget.

So, after the multi-billion $$$$ revamp of DCA, will some of the love come back to WDW?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMan62 View Post
    So, after the multi-billion $$$$ revamp of DCA, will some of the love come back to WDW?
    Perhaps, but if it takes that long (5 years?) WDW could be seriously hurting.
    I would suggest that it's going to take 2-3 quarters of declining guests and profits at WDW before they get something going. And, with Universal and Busch (for now), opening brand new high thrill rides this summer/fall, it might just make enough impact that WDW management will pay attention.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't the money for the DCA expansion already set aside? Also, isn't there separate funding for DL and WDW? I mean it obviously makes things cheaper when they build for both of them, but I was under the impression they each pay half of the cost?
    Walt Disney World College Program:
    Upcoming: 08-27-07 to 01-04-08 Operations!!!

"Keep Moving Forward"-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, any governmental meddling in the free markets is only a recipe for disaster. If our politicians had any business accumen, they'd be in the business world not politics.
    Ian, as someone who works in our government I think you should stop and think before you open your loud mouth about politicians.

We are trying to help out those who got laid off and may be laid off. Just because you run a disney website all day doesn't mean others are hurting for jobs. We need to be involved in everything including free markets.

Disney_Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Ladies and Gents - this has gotten to the point where it's not very INTERCOT like. Maybe other boards go on and on like this but it's not what we're all about.

Pack your bags - thread is closed.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

MODERATOR'S WARNING

This thread has gotten totally out of hand, and is contrary to Intercot's policy of not allowing political discussions, flaming, etc.

If the parties affected wish to continue this discussion, please do it elsewhere.

This thread is now CLOSED.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: