Quantcast Disney's Animal Kingdom Launches "Picnic in the Park"

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrp4352 View Post
    Hmmm... I could see us ordering this about 2 hours before we leave the park for the evening and enjoying a "picnic in the hotel room"
    I was thinking the same thing! A picnic supper in an air conditioned hotel room could be a lovely end to a hot day.

From the way the press release is worded, both tiers can be redeemed on the Dining Plan - which could make this a very efficient option for those of us who are taking, and feeding, a small army!
    first trip - January '05, All-Star Movies
    heading for Pop Century in Sept/Oct '09!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds cute, but as my favorite idea of a picnic spot in AK is ribs on the patio at FTBBQ, I'll pass. I just love sitting there amongst the trees, listening to the music and feeding the ducks... sigh.... wish I was eating there tomorrow!!

But -- maybe next time we're there, we'll check out the "picnic spots" and see how the program's working... you never know!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I really like this idea. I"m a big fan of picnics and I think that Animal Kingdom can use as many different dining options as they can get. I might try it out in a couple weeks when we are down there I wish that MK would bring back Aunt Polly's with this sort of option.

Post Thanks / Like

Prices seem pretty good to me. Sounds like something worth checking out next time we're in AK.
    11/08: CBR, Off Site (fam)
    11/07: CSR, Off Site (fam)
    2/06-3/06, 12/06: Off Site (fam)
    10/04: CBR
    5/02: ASMu
    12/01: Off Site
    6/01: CSR (honeymoon)
    3/97: Grovesnor
    2/92, 6/94: CBR
    4/90, 2/91: Off Site
    2/89: HoJo (DD), Off Site
    8/88: Buena Vista Palace
    2/83, 2/84, 2/85, 2/86: Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we'll try this when we're there later this month. However, what are the picnic areas like? Are there tables and are they reserved for the picnic customers? I would imagine the tables would be filled up with people just stopping to rest as they move through the parks. Thanks if anyone has any information on this!
    Kelly

4/98 Offsite
    11/03 Make a Wish Trip
    8/05, 4/07, 4/08, 4/09, 4/11, 4/12, 4/13, 4.14
    Sheraton Vistana Resort
    11/07 Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World

Next Trip: 04/15 Sheraton Vistana

Give the Gift of Life; Be an Organ Donor!!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I don't get the appeal of the picnic in the park thing...I mean eating food outside on a picnic table seems like what we (my fam) already does most of the time in the AK when we order ribs at the flametree...maybe I've missed something in reading the press release...but its just seems to be less than excting to me.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    I guess I don't get the appeal of the picnic in the park thing...I mean eating food outside on a picnic table seems like what we (my fam) already does most of the time in the AK when we order ribs at the flametree...maybe I've missed something in reading the press release...but its just seems to be less than excting to me.
    I'm sorry...I know i'm the nancy....but it seems like pushing cheap food at a fairly hefty rate with the minimum amount of labor costs possible....

how much chicken can you get from KFC for $30.00? alot....because chicken is cheap and can be mass produced....

again....i'm the doubter....i know.....but this seems like a joke to me

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I think will be more popular in the cooler months. I agree with others, I don't see myself eating at a Picnic Table when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Chicken is not the only choice on the menu, Lockedout (btw why do you have a small person from Norway in your nose?). I think the sandwich selections sound good, and you don't necessarily need a table to eat a sandwich; opening up the possibility of eating just about anywhere that you want to (When you buy a churro from the Churro Wagon, do they make you eat it at a table? No).

Overall I think the idea of encouraging picnicking throughout AK is swell... A spot along the banks of Discovery River would be nice (shade trees), though I don't want to go all the way to Conservation Station to have my picnic (although, I wonder if they'll let you eat it *on* the train? Hmmmmm......)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Actually I think will be more popular in the cooler months. I agree with others, I don't see myself eating at a Picnic Table when it's 95 degrees and 100% humidity
    Sweat mixed with food!

I am with you.
    1965*, 1972, 1980, 1986, 1992, 1994, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004 Disneyland ** Aug 2009 25th Wedding Anniversary, 2010 (June), 2012

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: