Quantcast Let's all Go Cup Crazy! - Page 20

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

No Sarah,...thw Wahmbulance was out for the CONTINUED crying over the too many men on the ice non call. It was getting a tad old.

No one is in need of it now. Tonight was a good old fashioned butt whipping, nothing more nothing less.

Pens better rein in dem emotions or they're done.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    No Sarah,...thw Wahmbulance was out for the CONTINUED crying over the too many men on the ice non call. It was getting a tad old.
    I think you are missing the point about the too many men on the ice penalty. It just shows the sad state of officiating in the NHL. I mean if the officials can't count players how can they get other calls right? Now remember this is the Stanley Cup finals these are suppose to be the best officials the league has to offer. It was os blatant and such an embarassment to the sport it needs to be brought up as often as it does. I would be saying the same exact thing if it was Detroit or any other team in the league including the Devils had that many men on the ice for that period of time.

Any way you should be worried about your team recovering from tonight's game they looked frustrated and at times out of gas.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Any way you should be worried about your team recovering from tonight's game they looked frustrated and at times out of gas.
    I agree, but I have to say that the Wings looked that way in Game 4..now granted they didn't take a lot of bad penalties, but I do think they were tired and just off. Both of these teams seem to do very well in their own arenas but have major trouble in the others. Fleury just can't seem to do anything right at the Joe...he just looks way out of his element. Ozzy was not anything to write home about in Game 4 either. Some of it's the arena itself, but I think that last change on lines makes a big difference. I hope the Wings can wrap this thing up in Game 6...I really would rather not go to 7...we'll see. Neither of the teams got this far being soft, that's for sure.

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

In regards to the "wahmbulance", I'm pretty sure any NHL fan (who's not a homer Pens fan) finds that too many men non-call pretty astounding and worthy of discussion.

There are missed calls and then there are MISSED CALLS and that was definitely one of the latter. In all honesty, probably the single worst non-call I've ever seen in a game in terms of just the blatantness of the whole thing. Very shabby job by what are supposed to be the best refs the NHL has to offer.

Anyway, obviously an old fashioned can-kicking last night by the Wings, but this is a 7 game series. Pens will win at home in game 6 ... game 7 is going to prove which of these two is truly the better team.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    In regards to the "wahmbulance", I'm pretty sure any NHL fan (who's not a homer Pens fan) finds that too many men non-call pretty astounding and worthy of discussion.
    I thought it was worthy of discussion too...the first 47 times it was mentioned.

Now, three games later, maybe it's time to move on?

Post Thanks / Like

Ya' know, I just can't see how the Pens can win this. I mean how do you explain that whipping last night and think that magically they are going to go back to Detroit (should it go to game 7) and all the sudden improve and be able to put the puck in the net. The only thing I can think about all this is, home ice is a huge advantage for the match-ups. Maybe these two teams are just too evenly matched and the home ice is the difference as the coaches can get who they want on the ice against the other team's stars.

I have to agree with Pagan though at this point. The too many men on the ice call is over and done. On a few occasions, I have sat right there at Mellon Arena and watched a puck hit the net above the glass. The whole arena sees it except the officials (Is it inexcusable to miss that call?). One time I remember it lead to a goal against us. You will have calls for and against you. To dwell on that one call when there is a body of bad officiating is not needed. I mean I cound say that the horrible call against Kunitz last night for goalie interfence turned the tide. Zetterberg covering the puck etc.

My prediction is that Detroit is the better team and will win the Cup at Mellon Arena Tuesday night. They have figured it out, and, unlike the Pens, know how to finish. Detroit knows the incredible danger of letting a team like the Pens stick around. I think this will be yet another very hard lesson to learn for the young players on the team. It will be very painful to see the Cup slip away at Mellon Arena once again. I guess as a Pens fan I can hope it will only re-ignite the fire under our young players to go get it next year.

As for Hossa, he shows the lack of his character in what he did. It looks like he did pick the team to give him the best chance. Here in Pittsburgh, however, it is the way in which he did it. Him sticking around until the last minute this past summer left our GM Ray Shero with less players on the market. He should have just been honest instead of lying about his intentions. The people in Detroit are going to soon see who he is out for ... himself. Just like we supported him last year, the people of Detroit supported him this year. Just as he turned his back on us, he will turn his back on Detroit for money. How can you respect that. I'm not sure if I was a Pens player I would shake is hand when he wins the Cup, but then again that would make me sink down to his level.

Oh well, it is only a game. It's a beautiful, sunny day in Pittsburgh and life goes on.

BTW....I know it seems like I have lost all hope with the Pens, because I have. They played horrible last night and lost their composure. However, I would be thrilled if they could come back and win. I also will not give up on them and will attend every game I can next season.
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I thought it was worthy of discussion too...the first 47 times it was mentioned.

Now, three games later, maybe it's time to move on?
    Naaaaaaaaaaaahh ...

Anyway, I disagree with you Donald. I think the Pens can win it and have a decent shot to do so.

One thing I've learned about this Pens team is this .... they play best with their backs to the wall. When nothing is on the line, they appear to slack dramatically.

My prediction is that, now that they'll be facing elimination the next two games, they play with their hair on fire.

I'd say it's 50/50 at this point who wins it.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MMouse6937 View Post
    I agree, but I have to say that the Wings looked that way in Game 4..now granted they didn't take a lot of bad penalties, but I do think they were tired and just off.
    True they did look tired and off in Game 4 but they never got away from their game or lost their focus. The Pens seemed to snap last night and didn't know how to handle it. IMHO that's the big difference in the teams and that will most likely lead to the Wings winning the series.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've figured out the real key to the Wings' success: I need to NOT watch the games!

I tried this in the 2002 Western Conference Finals against Colorado. The Wings were down 3-2 going into game 6, so I didn't watch it. I could hear DH cheering downstairs, but I didn't even check the score. The Wings won that game handily. That game included Shanahan's "Statue of Liberty" goal on Patrick Roy.

I also didn't watch the beginning of game 7, and the Wings got off to a roaring start (4-0 at the end of the first). They knocked Roy out of the net, and won 7-0.

Go Wings!
    Tammy

8/78, 5/88, 3/90, 3/94 - WDW - Off-Site
    5/86, 7/91, 3/99 - DL - Off-Site
    10/97, 7/98 - WDW - Poly
    7/01 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #1
    2/02 - WDW - WL
    7/03 - WDW - Poly - surprise b-day trip
    12/04 - WDW - Poly - cancer recovery #2
    1/06 - WDW - Poly - surprise 6th b-day for DD

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the Pitt animosity towards Hossa. It's not like he was some minor league prospect that Pittsburgh brought up and developed and nurtured, and then he stabbed them in the back ... he was a trade deadline deal that Pittsburgh only got BECAUSE he was about to become a unrestricted free agent. He owed nothing to Pittsburgh, and they had no reason at all to think he would sign with them.

I was at the game last night (6 rows behind the Pittsburgh penalty box, which was fun) and some lady behind me in a powder-blue throwback jersey was just going on and on about what a traitor Hossa was. I asked her how long he had been with Pittsburgh and she said "years" ... our whole row just started laughing. Lay off the guy - in the era of modern sports where people often place money above all else ,it''s great to see a guy put his own financial future at risk because he wants a championship that bad.

1st goal will be important next Tuesday, but Pittsburgh's absolute inability to (a) score even-handed or (b) score at all in Detroit should ultimately be their undoing.

They ought to be real scared now that our best player is back, because he absolutely changed the game last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcvalenti View Post
    I was at the game last night (6 rows behind the Pittsburgh penalty box, which was fun) and some lady behind me in a powder-blue throwback jersey was just going on and on about what a traitor Hossa was. I asked her how long he had been with Pittsburgh and she said "years" ... our whole row just started laughing.
    I don't find that hard to believe.

When teams make the Finals, the bandwagon fans come out of the woodwork.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the Pitt animosity towards Hossa. It's not like he was some minor league prospect that Pittsburgh brought up and developed and nurtured, and then he stabbed them in the back ... he was a trade deadline deal that Pittsburgh only got BECAUSE he was about to become a unrestricted free agent. He owed nothing to Pittsburgh, and they had no reason at all to think he would sign with them.

I was at the game last night (6 rows behind the Pittsburgh penalty box, which was fun) and some lady behind me in a powder-blue throwback jersey was just going on and on about what a traitor Hossa was. I asked her how long he had been with Pittsburgh and she said "years" ... our whole row just started laughing. Lay off the guy - in the era of modern sports where people often place money above all else ,it''s great to see a guy put his own financial future at risk because he wants a championship that bad.
    The dislike of Hossa comes from him being a liar. It is not the fact that he left, but he did make the Pens believe he was going to stay (That is not true that we had no reason to think he would sign as I followed the developments last summer closely). That kept Ray Shero (Pens GM) from getting players he might have been able to had he not kept entertaining Hossa. Hossa was, to put it kindly, misleading the Pens in a way that was determential.

The real issue is his parting words, though. "I want to go to a place where I have the best chance to win the Cup." Granted, Detroit is the best team. But, you don't have to say it to a city that supported you, albeit a few months.

Trust me Hossa is out for himself. It isn't like he said "I want to go to Detroit to play with talented guys and help out and be part of something great and contribute to a winning tradition" he said "I (notice the word "I") want to have the best chance of winning the Cup." After you (probably) win the Cup he is going to be waving bye to you as well. (Unless you want to give him more money to play than your Captain or probably any of your players make). He will probably say something dumb when he leaves Detroit as well. I am anxious to see if Detroit fans still love him when he departs Hockeytown. I imagine they will look back at Lindstrom and Zetterberg as guys that helped maintain the pride the city has in their team. They will not think fondly of some one year rental player who comes into town, fools you into thinking he cares about your city and it's hockey tradition, uses your team to get what he wants for himself and leaves for the most money possible. That is Marian Hossa I believe (If I am wrong I will apoligize).
    Walt Disney World Trips:
    April '91, '93 Magic Kingdom with HS Band
    November '93, '03, '04, '06, '10
    January '08, December '08
    Fall '11 New Central Florida Resident
    February '10: Disney Wonder Cruise
    November '12: Disney Dream Cruise
    DVC Member since 2006
    Annual Pass Holder

Post Thanks / Like

Listen I am big fan of players who stick with teams for a long period of time and play for the front of the jersey and not the name on the back but sadly sports is a business and now the salary cap is another obstacle. And in this Case Hossa actually took less money to play in Detroit than he would have gotten on the FA market. So in some ways I respect his desire to win and going to the team he felt had the best chance.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Again more about the missed too many on the ice call- was it me or at one point did the wings last night have too many men on the ice. It certainly would not have helped the pens win- only a miracle could have helped them last night- but it happens- missed calls. Again move on to a new subject PLEASE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    Again more about the missed too many on the ice call- was it me or at one point did the wings last night have too many men on the ice.
    Hey you brought it back up after it was brought up by another Pens fan.
    But just to clarify having too many men on the ice for a few seconds during a change is alot different than playing in the offensive zone for almost 30 seconds so you point makes no sense at all.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    Again more about the missed too many on the ice call- was it me or at one point did the wings last night have too many men on the ice. It certainly would not have helped the pens win- only a miracle could have helped them last night- but it happens- missed calls. Again move on to a new subject PLEASE!!!!
    I think the play you are talking about is when the puck got fired in front of the Wings bench during a change. There were 6 men on the ice (one player being changed hadn't gotten off yet) and Pitt's bench was yelling for a whistle, but on the replay they showed on NBC, Nick Kronwall alertly never touched the puck when coming off the bench. He let it go between his legs.

The only way they call that too many men is if the man coming on plays the puck while the guy he is replacing is still on the ice.

And the reason the too many men call with the Pittsburgh 6 on 5 is still being talked about is because it is either one of the worst "non calls" in the history of organized sport, or something very fishy. I mean, it's just never been seen by me at any level of hockey in my 30 years of watching the game. It wasn't just too many men, it was an extra player involved in the ice when the play was all in one zone with 4 sets of officials' eyes staring at the play (and linsemen have authority to blow that play dead). Very weird.

Post Thanks / Like

They ought to be real scared now that our best player is back, because he absolutely changed the game last night.
    Absolutely...Pavs absolutely changed the tempo of the game. His return has been much more monumental then I could have ever imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by alphamommy View Post
    I think I've figured out the real key to the Wings' success: I need to NOT watch the games!
    I was telling DH last night that I thought the reason that they didn't win games 3 and 4 is because we were driving on the road and not watching. Last season it seemed like everytime I watched the game anywhere but at home they would lose. It's so funny how we develop the superstitions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donald A View Post
    Trust me Hossa is out for himself. It isn't like he said "I want to go to Detroit to play with talented guys and help out and be part of something great and contribute to a winning tradition" he said "I (notice the word "I") want to have the best chance of winning the Cup." After you (probably) win the Cup he is going to be waving bye to you as well. (Unless you want to give him more money to play than your Captain or probably any of your players make). He will probably say something dumb when he leaves Detroit as well. I am anxious to see if Detroit fans still love him when he departs Hockeytown. I imagine they will look back at Lindstrom and Zetterberg as guys that helped maintain the pride the city has in their team. They will not think fondly of some one year rental player who comes into town, fools you into thinking he cares about your city and it's hockey tradition, uses your team to get what he wants for himself and leaves for the most money possible. That is Marian Hossa I believe (If I am wrong I will apoligize).
    As has been said, he accepted less money to play for Detroit. I do agree that it feels like a slap in the face, but it's happen to all teams, even Detroit. I really thought that Shannahan was a Wings guy and was stunned when he went to the Devils...I mean the Devils...YIKES but he did what he had to do. Unfortunately like it or not (and I really don't) most people are out for themselves and in hockey the most important thing is getting your name on the Cup...they want to be where that possibility is the greatest and that place is for the last few years has been Detroit. I just hope you all don't get the last laugh and get to raise the Cup in Hossa's face!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anything in sports as exciting as game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals?

I think not!

Wings fans...it's been a great series. Good luck to both teams, and let no one question the outcome!

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there anything in sports as exciting as game seven of the Stanley Cup Finals?

I think not!

Wings fans...it's been a great series. Good luck to both teams, and let no one question the outcome!

Game 7 - winner take all.
    Good luck to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Wahoo a game 7. I hope the Pens can go to Detroit and shock the hell out of "HOCKEYTOWN".

LET"S GO PENS!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: