Quantcast How Trashy Do You Let Your Room Get? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We're fairly neat, but nothing like my mother in law! She insists on making the beds (even on her last day!). I guess for us it boils down to: "treat others as you would like to be treated." Based on that I try to gauge how much mess I could stand if I had a short amount of time to clean the room. I suppose you could pull a rockstar and destroy the place if you left a big enough tip for mousekeeping!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We keep our room tidy too. A hotel room is generally a small space and a little organization can really help it feel less claustrophobic. I also agree about the treat others as you would like to be treated.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep my room very tidy probably neater than I keep my room at home
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I keep my room very tidy probably neater than I keep my room at home
    I just don't want mousekeeping to have to walk around in a really messy room trying to clean it.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also a neat freak when it comes to our room. I put everything away within reason - dirty clothes are in a laundry bag, PJs are stacked in a neat pile, toiletries are in their bag or neatly placed on the counter / tub, towels are hung or placed in a pile on the bathroom floor, nothing is left strewn about the room - the kids toys and blankets are also put away or stacked in neat piles and not left on the beds for the mousekeeper to have to move. I do not make the beds.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    I'm thinking this year about taking a foldup laundry hamper with us - it only cost $5.00 at Walmart and it folds flat. That way we can throw our dirty clothes in it all week and not just keep throwing it in a suitcase on the floor.

~Amanda
    We do this too. A pile of dirty clothes looks so junky. Plus I often do laundry while we're at WDW if we stay for more than a few days. Four people accumulate an awful lot of dirty clothes pretty quickly.

Also before we head out for the day, I pull the covers up on the bed and fold our pjs. That makes a big difference. A messy bed can make a whole room look messy.
    Last edited by TennesseeTink; 05-15-2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jenn

1974 * 1985 * 1993 * 1997 * 1997 * 2000 * 2002 * 2004 * 2005
    Oct 06 CBR/AKL
    Dec 06 ASM
    Oct 07 POP
    June 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 SSR
    Jan 09 SSR
    May/June 09 BCV/AKV
    Aug 09 AKV
    Oct 09 AKV
    Christmas 09 BLT
    May/June 2011 CBR
    May/June 2012 AKV

Post Thanks / Like

We keep everything organized, mostly so we don't lose anything, and that helps keep things neat. I would never leave trash out, it all goes in the can, and I try not to leave anything on the floor except shoes and towels that need to be taken. Never in a million years would it occur to me to make the beds in a hotel room!! But, I do wipe the sink and table if there's a mess.

Post Thanks / Like

We stay at the Villas and so only get Mousekeeping every 4 days. That being said, we are rather picky about our rooms' upkeep. When we arrive, we unpack into drawers hide the suitcases and organize everything. The goal is to keep it as uncluttered as possible. We keep everything that goes to the parks with us in one place, a stack of guides and maps in another, etc. Yes, usually the table with the receipts, passporter and Parks Maps gets a little unruly, but otherwise we do most everything, short of fully making the bed. Oh wait, we have done that too.
    Oh, never mind.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Post Thanks / Like

We keep our room organized too. Everything is put in its place before we leave for the day.
    TRACEY
    șOș

Disneyland as a kid
    11/02-POFQ * 07/04-Disneyland PPH * 11/05-AKL * 10/08-CBR * 12/10-WL * 11/11-AKL * 11/12-AKL * 11/13-GF * 11/14-AKL * 06/15-Poly * 12/15-YC * 5/16-BWI * 12/16-BC * 5/17-Poly * 10/17-GF * 12/18-POFQ * 12/19-YC * 12/20-CSR * 12/21-BC * 3/22-CSR

Next: 9/22*BWI

Post Thanks / Like

There's just me and DH, so we designate one of the bottom drawers for dirty clothes, rolling them up military style. NOBODY should have to pick up somebody else's underwear or socks. We don't make the bed, but pull up the covers a bit so it doesn't look so messy.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a neat freak. I don't like clutter. It makes me nervous. This feeling extends to vacations also. I also keep my room very tidy. The only thing Mouesekkeping has to do is empty the trash and and leave fresh towels. They should tip me. That being said, I still leave 2 or 3 bucks everyday.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Septbride2002 View Post
    I'm thinking this year about taking a foldup laundry hamper with us - it only cost $5.00 at Walmart and it folds flat. That way we can throw our dirty clothes in it all week and not just keep throwing it in a suitcase on the floor.

~Amanda
    I got one of those when my DS11 and I went down in 2007. Those things are the BEST. At the end of our trip I just emptied it out into one of the suitcases (it was nice to not have to open/close/move a suitcase every time we needed to put dirty clothes away) and folded the hamper back up. Voila! Last year there were 4 of us and we had 2 hampers. They fit so nicely and are very accessible yet out of the way in the sink area.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    We straighten up somewhat (nothing like what I do at home). The biggest mess is on the small table in the room. All the check in papers, park maps and useless receipts seem to collect on the table.
    Although last year I took one of those letter sized plastic envelopes with the string closure and just shoved them in there. For some reason I just can't bring myself to throw out the worn, crumpled park maps - it seems so sacrilegious!

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    I must confess that I like a neat room too. The only thing left even slightly messy is the bed because one of the best things about being on vacation is that someone else makes the bed!
    YOU SAID IT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I find it really hard to stay neat in a tiny space, but on our really bad days we hang the do not disturb sign so Mousekeeping doesn't have to deal with it. I never thought of a folding laundry hamper but we bring a big clear garbage bag to throw our dirties in.

Post Thanks / Like

Another neat freak here. I too get nervous if the room is disorganized. Not that I'm worried about theft, just a general uneasiness. I need to know where all my "stuff' is (Insert hilarious George Carlin bit here. RIP dude)

NOW, my DD daughter, whom I adore, is quite a bit messier than me. We haven't been to on a trip together for a while, so I am hoping that she has changed a bit since aquiring a home of her own......please

We'll find out soon...leaving tomorrow. WooHoo!
    Disneyland '81
    Holiday Inn Maingate '83
    DL Hotel '94
    Paradise Pier '95
    DL AP's '95-'00
    DL Hotel '02
    BC '03
    Poly '04
    BWI '04
    WL '04
    Coronado Springs '09
    Poly '09

Post Thanks / Like

When we went, we traveled with two others, and they were messy! I can't say I was perfect, but I like organization. We each basically staked out a side of the room, theirs you couldn't see the floor! I felt guily every time we left because I knew mousekeeping would have to see it and I can only imagine what they were thinking! Next time it will just be my daughter and I, and i won't have to worry about being embarassed!

Post Thanks / Like

I try to keep the room on the neat side - mousekeeping shouldn't have to clean up my stuff, just the room. I'll put the laundry away, make sure trash is in the garbage can, etc I dont make the bed or anything like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    I'm kind of a neat freak when it comes to my resort hotel room. But I've seen rooms that look like a tornado went through them. OK, I admit I peek when doors or curtains are open.
    in the future please refrain from looking in my room when you walk by ...our clutter needs it's privacy.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I am also a neat freak so I leave our room as
    neat as I can before we leave for the parks. I
    don't make the beds but pick up and leave
    things as neat as I can. I am the same way at
    home.

Post Thanks / Like

Like someone else mentioned, the small table in the room becomes a gathering place for clutter (maps, cups, etc.) but other than that, we pretty much keep things organized.

The clothes hamper idea is great!
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed in all types of hotels, inns,hostels, etc. all over. My mother would not be pleased with me if I ever left a room "messy"!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: