Quantcast Is this line jumping?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Is this line jumping?

I see a lot of discussion about line jumping and saving spaces, and for the most part I agree with people that large groups should not have 1 person wait and then jump in. Like wise, if a father is holding the place for a mother and a daughter who had to go to the bathroom, that is ok. So let me ask this:

In camp Mickey at AK, is it ok for Dad to wait in one character line, while mom and daughter wait in another to see the characters? Then when DW and DD are finished, they get in with DH for the next character?

Your opinions are welceom

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, but I wouldn't be super irritated if someone else did unless they all wanted separate photos or something.
    Last edited by Disney Doll; 05-15-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: sp
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

My rule of thumb is that if you have to ask, it probably is....
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day..."

1973- Disneyland
    1981- WDW- OS
    1991- WDW- OS
    1995- WDW- CBR
    2000- WDW- DLR
    2001- WDW- ASM
    2009- WDW- POFQ
    2010 (November)-WDW POR
    2015 (December...with the grandkids)WDW ASM
    2019- WDW- POR

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also say that's fine.

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider that line jumping.

Post Thanks / Like

textbook...

Post Thanks / Like

No matter what the situation, if you have to pass by people to get where you want to go, it is line jumping. If members of your party need to use the facilities, you wait for them OUTSIDE the restrooms, then all get in line together.

The reason why is not at issue. It is the action that is at issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the original post started with "is this line jumping" , but then switched to "is this ok?"

I'll just chime in and say:
    Yes, I'd call it line jumping and
    No, it's not ok

Not the biggest crime imaginable, but picture this: It's probably mostly excited, impatient children behind you in line. . . .whose parents are calming repeating "it's ok, honey, it will be our turn soon . . . " and then . . . .

BAM! your (adorable) child gets ushered in right in front of their eyes. You just might cause a total meltdown (if not the child, then quite possibly their parent!), and then you'd have to choose between that kid's meltdown and your own child's meltown if you decide that cutting in wasn't the most considerate thing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

So would it not be okay wait in two different lines at a counter service restaurant to get the faster line?

I would think it would be okay. It's sort of like getting a fastpass.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

It's so ok! If your family is taking one picture it doesn't matter. What's the big deal? Someone is waiting in line??? I could see there kinda being a a problem if you're holding it for friends, and each person wants their own individual picture, but if you're a family and only needing one picture, I think it's fine. Also, as long as your whole group is there in line when it's your turn I don't see a problem with it either. If you're also in line for the LK show at AK and someone has to run to the bathroom, why is it not okay for someone to jump out of line while DH waits with the other kids?
    Disneyland Jun 01'
    ASM Jan 04'
    PC Jan 05'
    PC Jan 07'
    PC Jan 08'
    PC Jan 09'
    POR Sept 09'
    Disneyland July 10'
    POR Sept 11'
    Disneyland July 12'
    POR Nov 13'
    Disneyland 14'
    POR Jan 15'
    POR July 17'
    Disneyland July 17'
    Disneyland Paris Mar 19'
    Disneyland July 19'
    PC Sept 19'

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider it line jumping. I think its very inconsiderate for a person to line jump. The sad part is people who line jump always seem to have some smug look on there face like they knew what they were doing was wrong and they don't care. I would probably be alot more patient if I knew it was a small child who had to use the restroom other than that Its just rude all around..
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]July 1996 off site
    July 2001 off site
    May 2004 AKL
    May 2005 All Star Resort Movies
    May 2006 PoP Century
    May 2007 POFQ
    June 2008 Coronado Springs Resort
    April 2010 Disney Boardwalk Inn

November 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    So would it not be okay wait in two different lines at a counter service restaurant to get the faster line?

I would think it would be okay. It's sort of like getting a fastpass.
    Actually, the difference would be, you're only ordering from one of the cashiers. So, when you leave one line to order from the quicker cashier, the other line gets shorter.

It's not at all like getting a fastpass. Think of Mickey and Minnie at two seperate attractions. You can only get a fastpass for one.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it line jumping? Um, yes.
    Is it okay? Well, no.
    Is it going to bother me? Only if your holding a spot for eight of your relatives. I'm on vacation, I don't let the little stuff bother me.

I've taken all three of my kids to WDW at varying ages, from 18 months on up to 20 (this year). And I know this is a little off the topic of the opening post, but from my experience with my children, the "had to go to bathroom" excuse is pure bunk. Either wait till the ride is done, or get out of line as a family. Or you could be really responsible and hit the bathroom before you hop in a long line.
    I know that I have just torqued a lot of people off with that statement, but it is the simple truth.
    Been there, done that, and I chose to be responsible and courteous and teach my children a little of the same.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

Post Thanks / Like

While everyone would like to be able to get to the front as quickly as possible, I think it's somewhat rude and inconsiderate to pass others who have been waiting just as long, regardless of the situation. Very few might actually say anything, but most will probably feel some animosity or envy toward you. I fight this feeling myself sometimes when I'm in the standby line and I see others going ahead in the fastpass line, even though I know that everybody has equal access to Fastpass. The reverse is true also, when I'm in the fastpass line I sometimes feel like people are giving me the "evil eye" because I'm "passing" them.
    Everybody else is thinking it, I'm just saying it. - Mr Gibbs
    ---
    2/00-OKW/BW
    9/00-YC
    7/01-BW
    12/01-Doubletree Suites (DTD)
    4/02-WL
    4/03-BW
    2/04-Mariott Horizons
    7/04-POP
    2/06-POP
    9/06-POP
    9/07-POP
    6/08-Dolphin/POP
    10/09-POP
    10/10-POP
    3/10-CSR

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely think this is line jumping. I am a little more understanding about someone who was already in line and then a small child had to go to the restroom. If they hadn't already been in line and sent someone ahead to get in line and then joined them, then that is line jumping. In that case, I think the entire party should wait to get in line together.

I just can't see what reason someone would have for having mom and child in one line then joining dad in the other line other than they didn't want to wait along with everyone else.
    Grim Grinning Ghosts come out to socialize.
    Nov/Dec 2001 POR-early 10th anniversary
    Oct/Nov 2002 Poly/AKL-late 10th anniversary
    Dec 2003 POR
    Nov 2007 CBR
    Oct/Nov 2008 CBR/AKL
    Nov/Dec 2019? I HOPE!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it is line jumping because why wouldn't everybody do this if this was okay? You could get through all of the lines faster it would just be a the expense of the people who are doing it the correct way. People would be going from line to line to line. Then what if you get to the front before your wife and daughter? Are they going to leave thier line to join you?
    Last edited by deedeenmickey; 05-15-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    6/11 DCL Med
    5/11 DCL & Port Bay
    10/10 SOG
    6/10 Regal Sun
    5/2010 AKL
    6/09 POFQ
    2/09 OKW
    10/08 AS Movies
    7/07 Pop
    12/06 C Beach
    3/06 POFQ
    3/05 C Springs
    3/04 POP
    3/03 SOG
    4/02 Contemp
    3/01 SOG
    3/00 AS Music
    6/99 SOG
    5/98 Best Western LBV

Post Thanks / Like

When you are waiting for a show to begin, and it doesn't start for over an hour, I don't see why one parent shouldn't wait in the line while the other parent takes the kids somewhere else until closer to the start time. I have always asked cast members if this is okay and they have said yes. (The last time was a 1 1/2 hour wait before the NEMO show at AK.) Why should I punish everyone near me with my whining toddler asking when the show will start when he could go somewhere else and then come back?

As far as kids needing to go to the bathroom, I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with that. If you have been waiting 45 minutes and your child has to go, it seems unfair to expect a small child to understand that then they have to wait another 45 minutes again. It isn't like you "jumped" ahead-- you waited like everyone else did, and someone continued to wait while you went to the bathroom with the kid. And if you are the parent of a very young child, then you know that even when you take them to the bathroom, they don't always think they need to go until they REALLY need to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bdm@pga View Post
    I see a lot of discussion about line jumping and saving spaces, and for the most part I agree with people that large groups should not have 1 person wait and then jump in. Like wise, if a father is holding the place for a mother and a daughter who had to go to the bathroom, that is ok. So let me ask this:

In camp Mickey at AK, is it ok for Dad to wait in one character line, while mom and daughter wait in another to see the characters? Then when DW and DD are finished, they get in with DH for the next character?

Your opinions are welceom
    The example you gave here is line jumping. Character Attendants want people to keep their entire party together when getting into a character line.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

While I can kind of see both sides to this (yes there are always SOME exceptions), in the end this is still line jumping. True I may see this ahead of me and grumble a bit, DW would be yelling at you from a distance.

It is considered rude. We talked about this and both agree that if you were by yourself, would you do the same thing? If the answer is NO then it is line jumping.

D
    It's gonna be the future soon
    I won't always be this way
    When the things that make me weak and strange get engineered away
    -Emil Bleehall - Adventurer of the Year!

Next Stop... MNSSHP Oct. 2011! Oh boy here we go!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: