Quantcast Do you love Disney so much that... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Travel View Post
    you'd consider working there?

If so, and you could have any job there, what would it be?

Would you be afraid the magic would wear off and it would be just another job?
    I already do! I've done the College Program 4 times during school. I am graduating this summer, and going back to WDW to do a final CP (then hopefully go FT after it ends). I will be doing Attractions for the CP (fingers crossed for either JC, GMR, or KS). But my dream role is character performer (or going back to character attendant).

For me, the magic hasn't worn off. I love what I do, and working at Disney. It's great getting to play in the parks before/after work. And I love getting to interact with the guests (especially seeing the look on people's faces when they see the characters). There is nowhere else I can see myself working.
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

An audio (or audio/video) Imagineer, or even just doing a/v work in the parks.

- Aero
    Por favor, manténganse alejado de los puercos.

First trip, 1993. DVC Member, 2005. POLY (2x), YC, BC, CSR (3x), POR (2x), SSR (4x), BWV (2x), CBR, DCL (3x), AbD Viva Italia, OKW, AKV/KV (4x), BLT

Post Thanks / Like

i would consider it for perhaps pre retirement (ie 60-65) We live about 3 hrs south so it is a subject brought up sometimes. Its still 20 years away! I would not want to now though. I think it would ruin everything for me!

Post Thanks / Like

If I could work there, I would love to work at HM or in some kind of educational or research position, but I don't know that I would realistically take a job there. If I worked at HM, I think the magic would disappear. If I didn't work in the parks, I would probably be okay. My DH talk about what it would be like to live in Orlando and be able to go to WDW more often and how nice that would be, but going to WDW is so special and fun that we wouldn't want any of that to change.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently a teacher for at-risk high school students. I fully intend to retire in about 15 years and work part-time at WDW. I would also like to work with guest. I think one of the concierge staff would be fun at one of the resorts. Epcot is my fav. park and that would be nice as well. I picture myself arriving early before the gates open and just standing there taking it all in. For me I love the facades, the neat little landscaping here and there, the small touches that are everywhere. I just don't see myself getting tired of those things. I know though that I would want to work somewhere different in WDW every year or so.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I did work there. I was a huge Disney Freak and I wanted to work there so badly. Being an "imagineer" wanna be, being able to go backstage and see how it all worked always amazed me, and everytime I worked somewhere new or went backstage somewhere else or learned how the parks are run made me even more interested and excited about Disney. I will say however that it is like any other job, and you get annoyed and tired and there are politics involved, but still an awesome experience
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just applied to work for Disney but I don't think they have a job for me. I have a masters degree in Special Education and want to work on guest relations specifically for guests with disabilities and their families but I'm pretty sure that job doesn't exist. sigh maybe one day.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to live there, work there and have little mouse babies

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to work at Disney World, and hope to do that when we reach retirement. I'd like to pilot the monorail. My bride always says she wants to be one of the people on the parking lot trams.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We plan on moving to Orlando area after semi-retiring in 3 1/2 years. I'd like to be a personal tour guide for people. Maybe even a bus driver. I wouldn't be one of the boring ones though. I'd get people going. You might lose a little of the magic after a while but it is what you make of it.

Post Thanks / Like

DW and I have already made up our minds that we are moving to FL as soon as DS3 and DD5 graduate college and move out. I know I will get a job with Disney, not sure about DW. Being a project manager in the construction industry, my IDEAl position would be to project manage special projects. How cool would it be to manage the construction of new attractions and get to see them long before the general public!

I guess it would be a conflict of interest to talk about the new attractions here on Intercot.
    '84 - offsite
    '98 - Contemporary
    '00 - offsite
    '03 - Contemporary
    '05 - Polynesian
    '06 - Contemporary
    '07 - Contemporary
    June '08 - Port Orleans Riverside (surprise Father's day gift)
    Dec '08 - Contemporary
    Aug-09 - CSR
    Dec '09 - BLT
    May '10 - Polynesian
    Feb '11 - CSR
    Nov '13 - CSR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: