Quantcast Envelopes For Mousekeeping?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Envelopes For Mousekeeping?

Let me just start out by saying that I am NOT asking whether or not to tip Mousekeeping... I don't want this to get ugly! I am just curious, in the other thread I saw a post in which somebody said that there were times when even when they had the envelopes addressed to Mousekeeping, they didn't take them. This is my first "grown up" trip to Disney, and I think I'd like to tip them, but if they don't take the envelopes, what do you do? Has anybody else had this same problem? Thanks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I label my MouseKeeping envelopes with "Mousekeeping" and the day of the week and leave it on the ledge of the mirror or in the sink. They have always been taken....
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I label my MouseKeeping envelopes with "Mousekeeping" and the day of the week and leave it on the ledge of the mirror or in the sink. They have always been taken....
    That's exactly what we do and it always works. If you just leave the money out they might think it was not meant for them so we always put it in a labeled envelope and place it on the ledge of the mirror. They are sure to see it when they tidy up the vanity area.
    Michelle

Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I was one of the people who said that my envelopes were not taken. I labeled them Housekeeping and left them very out in the open - I think on the bed. For about 3 days they were not taken. So I took the money out and set it on the bed with the little folded card they leave in the room with their name. After I did that it was taken every day.

It seems that from what others say that this is a rare occurrence. Maybe I had a new person who wasn't sure to take it. I don't know.

Worst case, you make the envelope, they don't take it and for the rest of the week you have to take the money out, like we did.
    FW '88 • FW '89 • CBR '91 • POFQ '92 • WL '93 • WL '94 • DLH '95 • ASMu/PR '96 • DLH '97 • CBR '98 • FWC '99 • FWC '00 • POR '01 • AKL '02 • FWC '03 • POR '06 • ASSp '07 • PC '08 • PC '09 • DL '10 • PC '11 • POFQ '12 • CBR '12 • POR '14

Next up: Universal Orlando - September 2014

Post Thanks / Like

When we stayed a POP a few years ago, ours were not taken. My DD had colored the envelopes and Mousekeeping was on the front. We left them there all week. I gave them to my DD to keep when we left.

Post Thanks / Like

Ours have always been taken. We put ours on the mirror above the sink. We have left money on the table before and it was not taken. I think it depends on the Mousekeeper and some might be new or might not be sure. Keep trying though, they deserve your effort to get them their tip.
    şoş figgie şoş - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

We've never had a problem, but it's been a few years since our last trip. We always left them on the sink. It might be helpful to put both English and Spanish on the envelope.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mousekeeping

We tipped a couple of days ago, but realized that they were not being taken since I did not leave their name on it. After I put Mousekeeping (even on a sheet of paper), it was taken every day. I always forget the envelopes! Maybe this year...
    6/97 DL
    6/98 CS
    12/99 HONEYMOON
    4/01 DL
    1/04 ASMo
    12/04 POR
    12/05 ASMu
    12/07 AKL
    1/08 AKL
    11/09 POP

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do envelopes but I put the money on the nightstand with a note for housekeeping. they always took it.

Post Thanks / Like

We have always just left the money on a pillow. No envelope, no note. It has always been taken. Not just at Disney, but all hotels.

Post Thanks / Like

We used decorated envelopes for our last trip. We put them out on the table each morning and they were always taken. We'll be doing them again this year b/c the kids had such a great time w/the decorating.
    Christie

September 2007 - Pop Century

September 2009 - ASMu

September 17-24, 2011 - Off Property
    October 2014 - ???

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip (2006) I made Mousekeeping envelopes for every day of the trip and propped them up in the bathroom against the mirror - every day they took them and DH thought it was so cute that he took a picture of it on the last day!
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back last night and we had left an envelope on the vanity marked 'Mousekeeping" and had a smile on it. It was taken every day. There were several days that we had left a note requesting extra towels along with it. We left with 2 adorable towel animals.
    June 2009 - First trip and a Birthday Celebration

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: