Quantcast Aerosmith Contract To End Soon? What Then To Do With Rock N Roller Coaster? - Page 9

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Post Thanks / Like

Any new news about this, did they resign a contract??
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I think it would be extemely difficult to replace Aerosmith with a band that has a broad ranging appeal, especially if you throw in the requirement that they have to be under 40 and wanted to stay with a "Rock" theme.

They might have better luck developing a fictional rock band rather than try to fit in another existing band.
    then maybe we could have a RocknRollercoaster featuring SpinalTap.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemates View Post
    then maybe we could have a RocknRollercoaster featuring SpinalTap.
    That would be awesome on SO many levels!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
    The band will have to be/have:

1. Popular
    2. Recognizeable to most
    3. Long term staying power (no short term 1 hit wonders)
    4. Drama Free (recent drug arrests, domestic violence, anti mouse in a tuxedo view etc.)
    5. Sell Outs/In It For The Money (willing to sell their naming rigths and song collection for use on a theme park ride)

Jay
    Jay, you just described KISS to a "T".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    Don't worry. The ride is still open, and nothing has changed. This is all just speculation on what might happen if the contract with Aerosmith is not renewed.
    Phew! Thanks. All this talk of changing the band was worrying me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarknTara View Post
    Phew! Thanks. All this talk of changing the band was worrying me!
    I'll be shocked if it changes any time soon.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Aerosmith should re-sign. If not because it is already an awsome ride and a great expierince, then because Aerosmith is an amazing band.

I can't see Disney signing some current bands like Greenday, Metallica, or Rise Against!. Even though these bands have some great tunes, they are not really family oriented. Like, really, Greenday is named after pot.

As for Hannah Montana or the Jonas brothers, I, for one, will ban the ride if they do sign. I hate both of them with a burning passion.

If Aerosmith doesn't sign I don't know who would replace the band as the theme. I think Kiss is a little dark (at least the look) for younger kids, and most of the classic bands that I would like to see in the ride don't really get much radio time. I think maybe a band like the Rolling Stones or The Clash would be a good choice.
    December 07-Pop Century
    December 09- Cabins at the Wilderness Lodge
    "If I could live one day out there"
    [/I][/B][/I][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Aerosmith should stay but thats because I'm like most I don't like change This said KISS would be cool but as stated before they are a bit dark for Disney.(though KISS would sell their souls at the right price) I just hope Disney doesn't make a drastic changes.
    Offsite:73,77,79,82,92,94,98,00,04
    Onsite:Music 06,07 POP:07,08,09

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Jona-Coaster? The Hannah Montana Loop De Loop Bonanza?

Although Aerosmith is great and the ride fits well with the theme, every time I'm on this coaster, I always think about Armageddon. Not the event, but the film. I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

I, personally, wouldn't want a Jona-Coaster, or a Hannah Montana Roller coaster Bonanza.

I like the G-Force idea, but that is taking a huge chance. That's like counting your chickens before they hatch. The G-Force film made some money at the box office, but will it stick around for 10 years. I don't know.

The Cars replacement would make a lot more sense, since they plan on making sequels and Pixar Films are sure fire hits all of the time.

If I could personally replace the Aerosmith theme with another, I would have to go with The INCREDIBLES. The film was action packed and the pace for the film itself would fit this attraction.

Post Thanks / Like

I certainly hope it remains as is (maybe reshoot the studio segment tho?) I've read through pages and pages of this and would offer my thoughts IF it should ever come down to Disney & Aerosmith not coming to a future agreement;
    KISS of course DOES make the most sense. Visually, imagine the graphics and layover usuing their iconic imagery - a tunnel that starts out as Gene's tongue snaking out at ya! The color, the fire, the explosions! And yeah, the music!
    ZZ Top would also be killer! Picture the limos being changed to look like the cars from some of their videos! Woooo!
    Queen is already on Disney's Hollywood Record Label, so I'm sure that if wanted there could be some serious way of retheming it to fit a band already under contract.

GnR? Come on... really? They were good for about 2 albums, and now their an industry joke. And I'm sorry as well, but turning it into a teeny-bopper ride (seeing as how these teen stars fade to obscurity within 10 years if their lucky) simply wouldn't make much sense.

God Bless Aerosmith and their now canceled "cursed" tour! I wanna see 'em hang around and bounce back from the back luck they've had on this recent tour, and here it sounds like this board is already opening the door for them based on a rumor. Yeah, I'm a musician and have been playing in bands for almost 29 years, so I've been influenced by a lot of the names that have been bandied about here and I also really can respect that bands like Aerosmith, ZZ Top and KISS who are all up in their late 50's to early 60's are still out there giving it their 1000% while people sit back and decry how relevant they are or whether they truly have made an impact on the music industry.
    ROCK ON!!!
    AKA: FlyingIceman - Ice Rocker
    DLR every Summer from '67 - '76
    WDW Feb. '02

DLR Oct. '02

WDW Jan. '04
    WDW Christmas '04 (ASMusic)
    WDW Christmas '06 (Pop Century)

DLR Oct. '07 (Paradise Pier)

WDW Sept. '08 (ASMovies & PO French Quarter)
    Next Trip? Christmas '10

Post Thanks / Like

How about Zepplin ? They had a coaster named for them at Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach, but the park folded and was sold in around a year's time. The coaster is still there, but it isn't Led Zepplin anymore. So, You know Zepplin is up for it...they've already had their own coaster !!
    All-Star Sports

Let's Go.........Mountaineers !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather it be Run-DMc
    Bryan

DVC since 02, Poly 89-90, Tokyo 98, CB 99, Swan 01, WL 06 ,08, 10, BLT 11, HHI 12, OKW 12-13, BC 03-05, 07-09, 11, 13,16 , 17
    Contemporary 05, 13, GC DLR 15, VeroBeach 16, AoA 16

"There's Blood on the saddle, and Blood all around...."Big Al-

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: