Quantcast Please help me sell La Nouba to my wife!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Please help me sell La Nouba to my wife!

Hi all,
    I need some help convincing my wife, Amy, that we should spend a little more this year and see La Nouba. In addition to the fact that by all accounts the show is incredible, I'm using the argument that we will almost certainly be saving on our room or package, given the way things seem to be going with resort deals (we're going in January). If anyone has a suggestion for a better strategy I would be very grateful!

Also, because I do feel optimistic that I (we) can convince her, are the front and center seats too close? It seems to me that we could spend most of the time looking up. Is category 1 better?

Thanks for your help! Isn't planning fun!

Kevin
    Kevin

1996 POFQ
    1999 POR
    2001 WL
    2003 WL
    2005 WL
    2006 CR/POFQ
    2007 BC
    2010 WL/BC (Half Marathon)
    2009 Cruise on the Wonder
    2011 WL (Half Marathon)
    2012 BWI (Wine and Dine Half Marathon)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

We had Cat. 1 Section 102 Row E (5 rows off stage left) seating for our first visit to La Nouba and it was great, although there were times I wished we had gotten first row of the second tier - then everything would have been going on in front of us. When the characters come out, they are on the walkway between the tiers and we had to crane our heads around to see them behind us.

Cat. 1 Sections 203 - 205 in the first row or two would be magnificent viewing.

My jaw was on the floor the entire 90 minutes. It is an experience that should not be missed.

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen the show twice now and loved it both times. I am sure we will see it again. Tell the wife that she will be in awe.
    6/85 - Offsite
    12/86 - DI
    8/88 -1/98-5/00 DLR - Offsite
    12/91 - CR
    11/93 - FWC
    1/99 - POFQ
    9/99 - CSR
    1/02 - CB/PR
    1/03 - BCV
    12/03 - DCL/BCV
    10/04 -10/08 SSR
    5/05 - PR
    1/06 - WL
    5/06 - GC - DLR
    11/06 - POFQ
    2/07 DLH- DL
    11/07 BWV/POR
    5/08 OKW/VB

5/09 AK/VB
    10/09 GF

Post Thanks / Like

It's WONDERFUL!!!
    We sat in the front row directly in the middle and it wasn't too close.
    Though to be honest, there isn't a bad seat in the house really.

She will be glad she went.
    Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

The first time my DW talked me into seeing La Nouba, about five years ago, I was skeptical, but figured it might be a good place to take a nap.

WRONG!!!

Since then, we've been back four more times, and have taken many friends and relatives who were just as blown away by the show as we were. It is an absolutely amazing show, and each time we've been we've seen things that either we missed previously or have been added.

Yes, it's expensive, but in my book it's worth every cent!
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

We've seen La Nouba twice and both times it was well worth the money. Any seat in the house is a good seat The way the show is set up, everyone has a birds eye view!

You and your wife WILL NOT be disappointed

Enjoy
    I love Walt Disney World!!!!! :)
    A Happy Visitor since 1974!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We are planning to see La Nouba this time around in Disney -- for years we always avoided going -- price, etc... BUT, we are hooked on Cirque Du Soleil -- have seen Wintuk and recently Kooza -- and the shows are fabulous. It is definitely worth the money to see. The performers are amazing!!!!
    Many stays as a child<br />1985 - Off-site<br />1989 - Off-site<br />Nov. 1994 - CBR<br />Nov. 1998 - Dixie Landings<br />Aug. 2000 - All Star Movies<br />Aug. 2002 - Port Orleans Riverside<br />Aug. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside, Pop Century - 2007, 2009, 2010
    August 2011 - CBR; August 2012 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't see the show in Orlando but saw two of the shows (Mystere and O) when we were in Las Vegas and they were both very good. It's something everyone should do at least once if they can afford to. It was really amazing.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Have only been once and had front row center seats. The show was fantastic! The unobstructed view of the stage was wonderful though there was a time or two when I feared having a performer miss and land in my lap! Like another poster mentioned, some of the action does happen behind you when you are this close to the stage. Like that poster, I might try a seat further back for this reason.

Good luck convincing your wife to try it! Actually, it was never at the top of my to do list but my brother and his wife accompanied us on a trip about 1-1/2 years ago and he really wanted to see this so we added it to the itinerary.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm SO going to get tickets this trip. I'm just going to save up and do it. I bet that with 2 kids almost 8 years apart in age it'll be the thing that they both enjoy the most! (Little one doesn't like roller coasters, etc. - older one is not looking forward to seeing princesses; different ages, different sexes, different priorities!!)

I bet it's going to be great!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I have been twice and the show is absolutely amazing!.
    The production is exceptional, the performers are phenomenal and the music is mesmerizing.
    Plus, we love the constant movement in the background and the preshow is a lot of fun also.
    There is not a bad seat in the house, so don't be worried about that.

Post Thanks / Like

Show her all these posts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluewaterBrad View Post
    Show her all these posts!
    I agree!! We had a great time and I would go back again in a min!
    ~~ Lisa ~~
    You're of worth! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Trips to WDW: 6
    Trips to Disneyland: 8 plus.

John 3:16 is a place to start.....

Post Thanks / Like

My family of seven at the time covering ages 67 to 10 some seven years later still talk about how great the show was and would see it again.

Once you convince your wife to go, make sure you get there early enough for the pre-show.
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

I took my boyfriend for the first time last year and he loved it! I had seen it once before and loved sharing it with him.
    And even though I'd been before there were still things I noticed for the first time.
    There's something going on all the time. IMO, it's well worth going to see!
    Please let us know if you're able to convince her. Better yet, why not just purchase the tickets and surprise her?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We sat in the 2nd tier front row. It was an awesome show! We went directly to the Cirque store and bought the video and the music cd!! We wanted to share it w/our Mom who will never get the opportunity to see it. We loved it although, it was so..... stimulating we almost fell asleep at a few points!! Ha! There is so... much to see at the same time and when you become over stimulated your brain starts to shut down! We are huge music fans and the music was so.... different and enchanting and it just made the whole experience totally wonderful. We recommended Cirque to friends, and they seen it about a month ago and they were blown away! We would go every trip if we could afford the extra $.

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

The best money we ever spent in Disney!My wife said that the guy that flies through the air wasn't too bad on the eyes either!
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Too far, 1000 miles (18 hours) from port orleans riverside
    Post Thanks / Like

Default love it

Quote Originally Posted by KH View Post
    Hi all,
    I need some help convincing my wife, Amy, that we should spend a little more this year and see La Nouba. In addition to the fact that by all accounts the show is incredible, I'm using the argument that we will almost certainly be saving on our room or package, given the way things seem to be going with resort deals (we're going in January). If anyone has a suggestion for a better strategy I would be very grateful!

Also, because I do feel optimistic that I (we) can convince her, are the front and center seats too close? It seems to me that we could spend most of the time looking up. Is category 1 better?

Thanks for your help! Isn't planning fun!

Kevin
    Well Ive seen it twice and loved it both times also some of the parts are funny while its still amazing also the front seats are fine i sat in the 5th or 6th row up (class 2) and got a great view
    Become What You Wish The World To Be

RIP VMK: Mysteriochao 2006-2008

1998 Port orleans riverside
    1999 POR
    2002 POR
    2003 POR
    2005 POR
    2006 POR
    2007 POR
    2008-2009 (dec 28 - jan 07) POR
    2009 POR

Next Trip--- Not planned