Quantcast CSR Review June 19th-26th

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer

Post Thanks / Like

This a new system Disney started recently to notify guests when their room is ready. Guess it shouldn't surprise me that it wasn't working.
    It worked when we checked in to the SSR. They asked for my cell # and whether I preferred a text or voice msg. A little after 1 PM, we got a text that our room, number xxxx, was ready.

When we transferred to POFQ, I asked for the text msg., and was told that only the "fancy" resorts (the CM's word, not mine) offered that service.

I hope it soon expands to all the resorts, as getting the text msg. was so much more convenient than calling every half hour or so.
    Poly 6/73
    SOG 10/91
    BWI 7/05
    GF 7/06
    POFQ 7/07
    SSR & POFQ & Autotrain (1st time!) 6/09

Post Thanks / Like

The "cell phone" thing is NOT up and running at all of the resorts. Our oldest DS is at the Caribbean (and although he said it is a nice resort, he'd much rather be at the CSR--our favorite resort) and they also are not "set up" for the text messaging on the cell phone. Seems not all of the resorts have started using it yet.

And to the OP--sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at the CSR. That's what is so great about Disney--there are different resorts for everyone. We've done the values and you couldn't pay us to go back and the deluxes just aren't worth the so-called "deluxe" price. Glad your kids enjoyed the pool opening ceremony--our kids loved that when they were younger.
    Split Stay--AKL and CSR in 2010???

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I've heard of similar bad experiences from a few of my friends who have stayed there lately.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a great trick with the thermostat, I'll have to remember that one for sure!!!
    1999 -2005 Former CM at Space Mtn and Caricature artist at AK and Resorts
    Jan 06 BC/Cruise/ASM
    Sept 06 Pop
    April 07 Pop
    Dec. 07 Caribbean Beach
    Aug 09 Pop
    May 10 Pop
    Jan 12 - Dolphin - WDW Half Marathon 1:44:45
    Sept 12 - ToT run and MNSSHP - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry your CSR stay wasn't the best, Figgie. I am right there with in that I won't stay at the resort again, even if it is free.

I found the Pepper Market wait way to long for food priced for conventioners, not WDW guests at a moderate. While the choices are good, the food is not that great. In fact, I prefer the CBR food court.

We also had problems with our air conditioner and when we asked about it, the CM looked at us like we had 3 heads. I also feel the CMs cater to those at conventions as opposed to the regular WDW guest.

The rooms were also not that great and they are much smaller than CBR rooms. For some reason, they even felt smaller than POFQ rooms. Maybe it is the decor?

Like I said, I've given the resort a few chances and will not return, even if someone else pays for the room.
    Recovering VMK Addict Avalanchefan

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it definately lack the Disney feel of the other resorts. No CMs saying good morning to you or just saying hi. It seems like it was missing the Magic big time. I guess for businessmen this is fine but definately for a vacation.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: