Quantcast Most helpful tip? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

we carry a small zip lock bag in our pocket to put cell phone and money in for water rides so nothing gets destroyed.

my husband always wears cargo style shorts or pants so nothing has to be in a bag, just the pockets!

buy a white hat at a discount store and bring a fabric pen, for autographs. No books to carry, just sign the hat and wear it too. Pins can also be put on the hat and not on a heavy lanyard.

tide to go pen works wonders! lol

Just some of the things we do.
    Donna
    Mom to 5 very special and amazing kids.

1982 first trip to WDW
    1982-2009 multiple trips.
    Best Trip MAW trip with GKTW and AKL
    NEXT TRIP.. July 13-21, 2009 and Nov.30-Dec 5

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite tip that we used on our last trip was to take a picture of the back of the Photopass cards, so that if they got lost, we'd still have our code to pull up our pictures. Thank goodness we never lost one, but we had three by the end of the trip and it removed the stress when we temporarily misplaced them.

And JavaDuck, I love the trial size sunscreen tip! I'm going to use that on the next trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink#64 View Post
    All great ideas. My fav's of these that we always do are:

I always carry a snack size baggie with tylenol, ibuprohen, & immodium in my pack, it seems someone needs something at least once during the trip & I've had to traipse all the way back to the front of the parks before to buy these things! Big pain.

Carrying tylenol and such is a must do for me too. Also Tums. Someone in the group always gets a bit of a headache or upst tummy in the Florida sun. Many of the gift shops carry some of these items behind the counter though. Just ask before walking all the way to the first aid station or front of the park!
    Sainter
    Oct97 AS Sports/Trop Palms
    Oct00 AS Sports/4 Pts Sheraton
    Oct01 Condo Nov02 POR/Calypso Cay
    Oct 03 POR Nov04 Pop
    Oct05, Mar07, June08 POR
    Mar09 AS Sports, Sept09 POR
    Mar11 Pop/CSR, Jan12 AS Sports
    Oct12 POR/CB, Oct14 OKW
    Sep15POFQ, Oct16 Pop/POR
    Sep17 AKL

488.22 miles from Walt Dinsey World - Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like

Before taking any pics, take a picture of your name and contact number (cell phone #) just in case you lose your camera. Hopefully, someone will look through your pics and come across your name and number so they can return your phone to you. I've read of this tip working for several people.
    At least 14 trips before 1988
    Off-site - 3-92
    Off-site - 2-01
    ASM - 5-02, 7-03
    CBR - 11-05, 2-10
    Off-site - 2-06
    Pop - 6-06, 2-08
    Poly -12-07
    Cor. S. - 6-2010
    Cor.S. - 10-11

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

Post Thanks / Like

I 2nd sending the water from Staples, cost me I think $4.99 last year for a case of water with free shipping. I shipped 2 to the resort. I also mailed the box ahead of time, about a week b4. Also, in our suit case I also packed an empty large duffle bag, (we had actually bought this from Southwest last year, I think $20 - when our luggage was too heavy)...It has been worth the $20. We ship dirty clothes back in this bag and use the luggage to ship gifts and other things, etc..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by momofdisneyprincess View Post
    I learned some new tips on this thread. Thanks everyone. My children are young. One thing I do is pack each outfit (shirt, undies, shorts, hair accessories etc.) in its own gallon storage bag. That way, my daughter can just pull out the entire bag to get dressed for the day. It also keeps the suitcase and drawers more organized. I also bring an extra outfit to the parks and keep that one in the storage bag as well. If it rains, it doesn't get wet.
    Good idea! I do that when my son goes to camp -why didn't I think of it for this?

:o)

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that I laminate a smaller sheet, say 4x6 of all our reservations with #'s on them and DH and I both have one in case there is an issue with our ressie and so we know where we are going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alaMode View Post
    I always ship a case of bottled water to the resort...I typically use Staples because they have free shipping. Very convenient!

We also like to leave the parks when we want to have lunch and have a more relaxing meal at our own resort, or another resort before taking our midday break.

You people are so diciplined! I intend to try the "leaving the parks" thing for a break - and never make it. It's just so hard to leave and feels like it'll take FOREVER just to GET to the hotel, let alone take a break and return. I need to make us try it once - but if it's up to me we might be in trouble!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    My favorite tip that we used on our last trip was to take a picture of the back of the Photopass cards, so that if they got lost, we'd still have our code to pull up our pictures. Thank goodness we never lost one, but we had three by the end of the trip and it removed the stress when we temporarily misplaced them.

And JavaDuck, I love the trial size sunscreen tip! I'm going to use that on the next trip.
    OOOH - good one! I've also heard of writing down or photocopying your ticket cards/id's. That can be REALLY helpful (esp. if you remember to put the copies somewhere OTHER than with the originals!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveDisney71 View Post
    Before taking any pics, take a picture of your name and contact number (cell phone #) just in case you lose your camera. Hopefully, someone will look through your pics and come across your name and number so they can return your phone to you. I've read of this tip working for several people.
    I've got one of those labelmakers (they're not that expensive - maybe $15 at WalMart) and they work great. I've made labels for our electronics, etc. and hope that they'd come in handy.

I once found a nice guide book on a bus from DTD and tried to turn it into the driver. He told me that he wasn't going anywhere near the lost and found that day (I don't remember why) and that the people on the bus that had left it behind would never find it anyway. It made me so sad not to know where to turn it in so it could "go home".

Post Thanks / Like

My ultimate, don't foget tip is every day you go to a park where there is the potential to get wet, pack a pair of undies and light weight shorts or pants for everybody in a ziploc bag. It takes up little room in the backpack. This way when you leave a water ride you will not have to deal with the wet fabric on the inside of your legs. this is especially helpful for kids! I have a couple more tips at planyourdisneytrip.blogspot.com. I am trying to get all of my Disney helpers, tips and tricks in one place for all of my friends to reference. They always call me for their Disney advice!
    Waiting till November! Oh Mickey.... How we miss you so! *O*

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe nobody has said this yet...

Read the threads on Intercot daily before leaving to stay up to date on what's happening at WDW!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

carry the names and phone numbers of your doctors... Last trip had a foot issue, needed an Rx for severe blisters, needed to contact my foot dr in PA and get Rx phoned to wal-mart on 192....

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from a quick trip & used the chip clip on the curtains & loved it! Thanks. Another couple I use: The over the door shoe rack that has been mentioned, make sure it is the clear kind so you can easily see what is in each pocket. Take a pic of your family (especially the kids) before heading to the parks. If anyone gets lost, you have a pic to show of what they are wearing (panic can blot out all kinds of stuff). I also print a copy of the plane & hotel reservations and put it inside my luggage when I am finished packing. The hope is, if the luggage gets lost, it will find me wherever I am.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you pushing strollers with a canopy shade - bring a few clothespins to clip your park map to it.
    '00 - Boardwalk Villas
    '04 - Grand Floridian
    '08 - Polynesian
    '10 - Grand Floridian!!!

GO WHITE SOX!

Post Thanks / Like

As BMan said...read intercot! On our first trip as a family I hadn't yet discovered this site and can't believe how little I knew going in...how much better the three subsequent trips have been!

Among many things I learned here:
    Different parks are better or worse simply depending on the day of the week.
    Use MJ and learn which building to request at particular resorts (worked perfectly for us at POR).
    One must consume at least Dole Whip float.
    Avoid Stitch.
    The mapping out of various transportation routes from one point to another.
    And of course, Jorts are okay. Not that I'd be caught dead in them.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveDisney71 View Post
    One great suggestion that I had read on Intercot before my last trip is to put your home address labels on all of your electronics (cell phone, camera, videocamera, laptop) and include your cell phone number. Except for the cell phone - I put my DH cell # on my cell phone, because if it gets lost, I make sure that we can be contacted. The honest person will call you or turn it into lost & found and your belongings will make their way back to you. Also, you won't be going to lost and found asking for your camera and when they ask you what it looks like, you don't just say, "It's silver." And if you are staying at a WDW hotel, I think that lost & found can send identified items back to your resort.
    Last edited by diz_girl; 07-14-2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: grammar
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

If you have girls this tip worked out well. I make them either a necklace or bracelet that has there names and my cell phone number on it made out of beads(letter and number beads) that they wear in the parks. They also add other pretty beads and one with a disney princess on it. That way if they get lost a CM can contact me. It looks like jewlery and not as prominent as a sticker stuck on their shirt. It is also a great craft idea for them to do and get them excited about our trip. (Not that they were not already excited)

Post Thanks / Like

Bring glow nightsticks & necklaces from home.

Prepare & decorate envelopes for daily mousekeeping.

Check your luggage at your resort for return flight home.

If driving, take a digital photo of where you parked.

Write a letter to your kds from Mickey, saying can't wait to meet you. Mail it to them a couple of weeks before your trip.

Buy pirate costumes at local party store after Halloween.

Fill an M&M tube with quarters for arcade and penny press.

Waterproof camera for water parks.

Learn how to say Hello in the languages of the countries in Epcot.

got2b hair sculpting gel that glows in the dark.

Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseMB View Post
    Bring glow nightsticks & necklaces from home.

Prepare & decorate envelopes for daily mousekeeping.

Check your luggage at your resort for return flight home.

If driving, take a digital photo of where you parked.

Write a letter to your kds from Mickey, saying can't wait to meet you. Mail it to them a couple of weeks before your trip.

Buy pirate costumes at local party store after Halloween.

Fill an M&M tube with quarters for arcade and penny press.

Waterproof camera for water parks.

Learn how to say Hello in the languages of the countries in Epcot.

got2b hair sculpting gel that glows in the dark.

Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets.
    Dollar Tree now has glow in the dark princess wands! It was huge hit and only a buck! Just don't put it in a carry-on b/c the liquid. I buy tons of the tubes of bracelets that are a buck. I always end up passing them out to other kids.

For those staying off-property... when you go grocery shopping or to a CVS/Walgreens buy a gift card for a restaurant you like every few weeks. My Mom buys everything from Fridays, Chilis, Landry's (good at Rainforest & T-Rex)... I counted them up a few days ago and she has close to $500 in dining cards! She even will get $10-25 at Target everytime she goes there... we use those for grocery shopping since the new stores in the area are 'Super' Targets. Heck, they even sell wine!

If you are going to a character meal, bring a pillowcase and fabric markers, having a table to lean on is easy for them to sign. We do this every trip, it is one of DD's favorite souveniers! Next time I am buying a personalized pillowcase off Disney shopping website and have the characters sign the back.
    -Michelle

"I DO!" Engaged at MK Railroad Station overlooking Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks 2/24/01.
    Raising a future Disney Freak.
    DD's 1st trip @ 9 weeks old (20 year anniversary of my first trip), been back every year since!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: