Quantcast Fantasyland Refurb: It's Official! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Not sure.. Who knows... I'd be all for the Animation Courtyard being expanded in DHS. But, we are likely to see Back lot Tour shut down soon and Pixar Place expand out there first..
    That's what I would do....scrap the Backlot and make it a meeska mouska Clubhouse land. If you think about it....the icon of DHS is Mickey's hat, and the icon of MK is a Princess Castle. It makes perfect sense to expand upon those visual cues.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any change to Toon Town is good in my book.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

After looking at the blueprints I'd have to say someone went to a lot of trouble if it is, in fact, a hoax.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney DID leak it. It's not like that much information can be garnered from it other than names of potential new areas and a few unnamed attractions.

The thing is that a few sites are saying this is Disney's answer to Harry Potter. Considering that HP opens either the end of this year or the beginning of next year, there's no way a project this big is going to be even a 1/4 underway by then.
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    That's what I would do....scrap the Backlot and make it a meeska mouska Clubhouse land. If you think about it....the icon of DHS is Mickey's hat, and the icon of MK is a Princess Castle. It makes perfect sense to expand upon those visual cues.
    The Back Lot Tour will be part of Pixar Place.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    After looking at the blueprints I'd have to say someone went to a lot of trouble if it is, in fact, a hoax.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney DID leak it. It's not like that much information can be garnered from it other than names of potential new areas and a few unnamed attractions.

The thing is that a few sites are saying this is Disney's answer to Harry Potter. Considering that HP opens either the end of this year or the beginning of next year, there's no way a project this big is going to be even a 1/4 underway by then.
    What caught my eye was the misnaming of attractions. However, someone on another site who has worked close with WDI stated that this is not uncommon in WDI. He claims WDI just jots down a basic name or description of the ride, rarely using the true name in the blue prints. This leads him to believe the plans are real. Take that for what it is worth.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the plans again and seeing all that is involved this would definately be a large commitment of time and resources. It would have to be done in sections and then in order to work be completed not left half done some place in the middle. This would most likely be a 5-10 year plan being done this way.

As I stated earlier some of things things seem to make perfect sense while others just seem very strange. For one thing it definately seems like they are changing most of Fantasyland into "Littlegirlsland" 5 Princesses and a Fairies themed area won't go over to well with boys. The other strange part of the design seems to be traffic flow although very diffiuclt to see on the plans without seeing the actual paths. It just seems that a lot of areas lead to bottlenecks and can become very crowded and hard to navigate through. I'm guessing this is much more of a blue sky plan than anything actually finalized provided it is real.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

JPL, on other sites, people who do know what is going on say opposite. They say traffic flow would be even better with this. Of course, who knows if they are legit people, but, they haven't been off with things yet, so I take them at their word.

Post Thanks / Like

What search criteria are you using on google? I would love to see the plans.
    Lori Ann
    Mother of twin 9 year old girls
    Dixie Landings 11/96 (honeymoon)
    Dixie Landings/Cruise 12/2000
    CBR 11/2005
    Riverside - 9/2006,
    FQ - 11/2007, 9/2008, 9/2009
    CSR 5/2010, AKL 5/2010 (split stay)
    FQ 11/2010
    CSR 11/2011
    CBR 05/2012
    GF 06/2012
    CSR 11/2012

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

For Everyones Information:

To provide a clearer understanding of the rumoured changes, we will be posting a pictorial description of the rumoured plans Saturday Morning.
    Last edited by Figment!; 07-17-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Update
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    For Everyones Information:

To provide a clearer understanding of the rumoured changes, we will be posting a pictorial description of the rumoured plans early this evening.
    Thank you. What is your opinion Figment? Do you think they are legit or do you think they are a hoax?

Also, will this pictoral description include a Google Earth overlay?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey View Post
    JPL, on other sites, people who do know what is going on say opposite. They say traffic flow would be even better with this.
    My definition of bottlenecks here are places with one way in and one way out think about Splash & BTMRR and Toontown. I think they are talking about the area around Dumbo when they are talking about improving Traffic and yes in that area it would help moving Dumbo. I am thinking of strollers ECVs and people trying to get in and out of a dead end area.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

They do sound great. Let's hope these become more than just rumors. The plans did seem legit. We learned a lesson though with Beastly Kingdomme. Just because it is in the plans doesn't mean it will be built. Until ground is broken, remember, these are just rumors.
    Beastly isn't dead yet.

What caught my eye was the misnaming of attractions. However, someone on another site who has worked close with WDI stated that this is not uncommon in WDI. He claims WDI just jots down a basic name or description of the ride, rarely using the true name in the blue prints. This leads him to believe the plans are real. Take that for what it is worth.
    I've heard the same. It could be a early rendition where naming things correctly wasn't all that important.
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    My definition of bottlenecks here are places with one way in and one way out think about Splash & BTMRR and Toontown. I think they are talking about the area around Dumbo when they are talking about improving Traffic and yes in that area it would help moving Dumbo. I am thinking of strollers ECVs and people trying to get in and out of a dead end area.
    Ah, stroller parking and ECVs. Haven't thought about that. In that case, I may have to agree with you about crowd flow. But, I am sure a plan is in place. Hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcjaco View Post
    Beastly isn't dead yet.

I've heard the same. It could be a early rendition where naming things correctly wasn't all that important.
    Beastly is as dead as they come I heard. Now, if you want to talk about Mysterious Island, then we may have something to talk about.

This same person said blue prints and plans he saw regarding DHS referres to Tower of Terror as The Drop Ride. So, I tend to believe these plans are the real deal. And if not, they are a bigger hoax than U.F.O. sightings.

Post Thanks / Like

Beastly is as dead as they come I heard. Now, if you want to talk about Mysterious Island, then we may have something to talk about.
    I wouldn't say dead. It might just be getting refocused.

This same person said blue prints and plans he saw regarding DHS referres to Tower of Terror as The Drop Ride. So, I tend to believe these plans are the real deal. And if not, they are a bigger hoax than U.F.O. sightings.
    I think you mean the moon landing. :P
    WDW - 1977-86, 1989, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007(x3), 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2016 (Oct.)
    DLR - 1989, 2007, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Are we talking like DisneySea Mysterious Island? And if so, at Animal Kingdom? How in the world would that fit?
    Visits: Too many to count!

College Programs: 3

What's next? We'll see...

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the plans earlier this morning and now I finally get the visual that this is describing and it looks like it would be awesome. I do agree with an above poster however that traffic flow seems like it would get worse, but perhaps the use of the 20K site would spread out the crowds some and perhaps make traveling much easier throughout the kingdom.

Now hopefully ground will break for these plans and perhaps something will be done with some of the vacant space in Tomorrowland. The Magic Kingdom definitely needs some new stuff to spread out some of the traffic.

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey
    What is your opinion Figment? Do you think they are legit or do you think they are a hoax?
    I don't think they are a hoax, but I personally wouldn't rush to judgment that:

These are plans that are being seriously considered.
    or
    These are the final version of any considered changes.

I still remember the very formal looking Project Gemini drawings that leaked out and never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by GothMickey
    Also, will this pictoral description include a Google Earth overlay?
    No. I started to do this last night, but it looked fairly confusing with the "new" buildings footprints overlaying the existing topography.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanaticDargon View Post
    Are we talking like DisneySea Mysterious Island? And if so, at Animal Kingdom? How in the world would that fit?
    Similar, but not the same exact copy. And it would fit in AK where a certain Camp Minnie-Mickey currently resides.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or does it say Cheese Coaster by Barnstormer???
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: