Quantcast What's Going on with Peter Pan? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the ride the way it is. Its a great ride except for the wait times.
    Fantasyland seems to have the longest lines. Maybe it is just me. I imagine it is due to the popularity of the characters and the kids love them. Plus everyone can ride them.
    DigitalDaredevil
    VMK: EpcotRay

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaredevil View Post
    I love the ride the way it is..
    Me, too! I don't care if it's a technological marvel or not. I just love flying over London with Peter and the gang!
    91 Co
    8 M
    00,1,2 S
    3 CB 25
    4 P,Mu,AKL
    5 S
    6 Pp,CB,G 30
    7 S/D,CB
    8 CB,G 30
    9 Mu,CBP/Or,P
    10 CBP,P
    11 Mu,Do/Ret,P
    12 Mu,CB,AA AK
    13 P 35
    14 P,CB,Mu
    15 P,FQ,C,M,S

Post Thanks / Like

We were in MK last Wednesday and it was down. There was no reason given, they were just turning people away. We were back in MK yesterday (Monday 8/24) and Peter Pan was up and "flying", running.... maybe it was just a quick mechanical repair.
    Chris
    Last Trip: SSR 02/2009 (Just wife & I)
    Next Trip: AKV 08/2009 Savanah View
    DVC Members Since 2004
    Annual Passholders
    1970's - Present Many Trips To WDW & DL!
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

Post Thanks / Like

refurbs are a necessary thing,i for one hope they NEVER change a single thing about pp.
    it is my all time fav...

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they'd install DL's version in WDW. DL's is much better.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is DL's a dark ride? How is it different? I love PP but could handle a few upgrades if it gave it a new twist....

2004-Allstar Movie
    2004-Allstar Movie
    2006-Allstar Movie- he proposed!!

2007-Allstar Movie
    2007- Allstar Music
    2008- September, December trip
    2009 June, Novemebr trip

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's very tough to read"
    M Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Yeah, DL's is a dark ride, it's just ... I dunno ... better!

They have some better effects than WDW's does (like, for example, in the fly-over of London you're surrounded by this star field that's made up of suspended little lights) and I like the ride system better. In DL's, each car moves independent of the other (unlike WDW's Omnimover design) which means the cars can go up and then kind of zoom down a little hill. It adds a nice "flying" feel to the ride.

Overall, I just feel like the attraction is themed a little better and feels more "complete." WDW's was always a little too "don't look behind the black curtain!" feeling for me.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fupresti View Post
    I understand the need to refurb, but when three of my favorites are down (TTA, SM, LWTL), excuse me if I am a little concerned.

Some of us enjoy the rides others take for granted.
    I understand and feel your pain. As much as we understand that WDW needs to upkeep their rides, it is always a disappointment when you know one of your favorites is not going to be open on your trip, let alone three.

I haven't been there since 2003, and I've been dying to take my kids, and they will be 9 and 6 for our (hopefully) 2010 trip, so when I heard that all of Fantasyland might be being overhauled, I got a little panicky. Then I thought about all of the other great things there are in WDW, and felt a lot better.

The only thing I can say that might help console you is that judging from your signature, you seem to be going to WDW every year, which mean you will probably go back in 2010, when all of your favorites will hopefully be back up and running.

Good luck, and I hope you get your wish to ride Peter Pan in September. If not, there are a lot of other fun things to do, so have a great time!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the poster who talked about value season and closed rides. Disney is going to make sure the routine refurbs are done during the slow times of the year. Major ones will always cover some of the busy times but minor ones will be scheduled when the park attendance is light.

It is regrettable but it is either that or Disney close the parks during the slower season to maintain all the rides and I doubt people would enjoy that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changes?

Dusting this one off but I can't decide if it is my faulty memory or not, but regarding Peter Pan at WDW - Magic Kingdom:

Did they revise the ride a little bit? I remember the portion where your fly over London being in the dark, but I could have sworn that the Never Neverland part where you fly over the Volcano and native people was lit like day time. We rode it this weekend and that Never Never Land scene was at night, which surprised me. I swear that didn't use to be the case.

That and also the voice overs for certain characters either were louder/more pronounced than in the past, or I just never noticed them before.

Has there been changes, or is my memory getting even more faulty than usual?

Post Thanks / Like

They probably did change the time of day. I do remember it being a lighter scene with the Natives. They're probably trying to cover up the age wearing of it. This poor ride needs some TLC from us Intercotees!
    '93, '94, '95, '97, '98 - Fort Wilderness
    '00 & '01 - Contemporary
    '02 - Old Key West
    '06 & '07 - Pop Century
    '09 - All-Star Music

'10 - All-Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I think they recently did work on the facade
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've been on this ride probably ten times a year for the past ten years, so I feel like I have a pretty good base from which to judge.

That Never Never Land room has been dark for as long as I can remember. I have pics going back as far as 1996 and it's looked basically the same since then, at least.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1981 View Post
    I actually love when people complain about rides being down during "value season". Disney tries to do most refurbs during the off season and I think guests need to be prepared to have some closures during a trip during that time
    But it <stinks> if you go off season and everything closed
    Last edited by Melanie; 05-10-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: TOS

Post Thanks / Like

A ride being down is a let down, even if you know they all have to go down at times. I feel fine with the people who vent disappointment. I get that feeling on occasion myself. Better to vent here then pass it on to kids.

Post Thanks / Like

We are going in September as well and after reading this I hope that it is open. It has always been our favorite ride in Fantasyland Pirates are just awesome! That, and it truly is a unique ride experience the way you fly over the scenes (London and the volcano are my faves)

*- 29 total visits to the World -*

September 2009 AKL Jambo House Savannah View ∞ Honeymoon ∞
    September 2012 AKL Jambo House ∞ 3 year Anniversary ∞
    September 2013 Polynesian ∞ 4 year Anniversary ∞
    November 2014 Polynesian ∞ My Birthday/5 year Anniversary Combo ∞

Post Thanks / Like

pp is my sentimental favorite attraction at wdw.it's the first "ride" we do on each visit.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: