Quantcast How many discounts have you received??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many discounts have you received??

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, please move if need be!

I'm just curious how many discout offers you guys have received this year. I'm talking about pin codes, not general public discounts. I have received 3-4 pin codes since the beginning of the summer. Is Disney really hurting that bad? I'm thinking of possibly taking a 5 day trip to the world for New Years, what are the odds that I will get a discount for that time??!!

So back to my original question, how many pin codes have you received this year?
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've received two. One for 40% off room rate, but since we are going during free dining and had booked at a Value, the free dining was a better deal for us.

The second was a free upgrade to SSR or OKW during our trip. That we were able to use, so now it's going to be an even more special trip.

Less than 5 days to go.
    Last edited by MickeyandTink; 08-31-2009 at 05:02 PM. Reason: left out description
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Zero. I never receive pin codes. I don't know why. It seems like some mythical status I never achieve. Maybe because they know I go even if I pay full price.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Last winter was the first time I've ever received a PIN code via email...I've never gotten a post card, or any other mailing.

Having said that, I don't think I've ever gone to WDW for "full price". We've always had some sort of room discount or upgrade or SOMETHING.

I shouldn't say this, but like SBETigg said...I'd go even for full price!
    Eric

ASMusic 4/22
    POFQ 1/22
    AKL 9/21
    POFQ 1/20
    Pop Cent 6/19 & 11/19
    POFQ 3/19
    B Resort 11/18
    ASMusic
    3 & 7/18
    ASMusic 3/17
    Boardwalk 7/14 & 6/16
    Swan 3/13
    Solana Villa 3/11
    Grand Flo 12/09
    ASMov & Grand Flo 3/08
    Vistana 3/06
    AKL 3/05
    WL 6/02
    Off-Site 10/00
    ASMusic 3/98
    Poly 6/86
    LBV Villas 6/83

Post Thanks / Like

This year, I have received at least 10 e-mail messages or mailers with PIN code offers. They have been a mix of free Disney DDP offers and room-only discounts.

Many of the PIN code messages and mailers have referenced "our upcoming trip in October." This began prior to my actually booking a trip for October-November. However, several times this year I had logged into the WDW web site to either 1) request a vacation DVD with a potential trip date of October; 2) search for resort pricing for October dates, using the "save this offer" feature; or 3) update information in my profile, also indicating an interest in October travel. I did not do any of these things with the intent or hope of triggering a discount offer, but it may have done so!

As far as PIN code offers for your time period... I can only advise is that none of the offers I have received have extended past December 17. Best wishes to you!
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

We've received a few and used one for our recent trip. I would be very surprised if Disney offers anyone any discounts over the New Year's holiday. This is traditionally the most busy time of the year at Disney World.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We've never received a single pin code EVER.

I've gotten emails about specials (free dining, etc.), but no pin code has ever been attached to them.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

I received 1 but don't remember what it was. We couldn't use it because the dates weren't what we wanted.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

They must see you and I coming SBETigg! I'm another person who NEVER, EVER receives any pincodes! I'm on every email and mailing list that Disney offers, respond to every survey and also answer "why you didn't book" when playing with planning!
    I also never have gotten any upgrade (except for the time in '95 that the Mears Shuttle backed up over my cosmetic case--think that's why we got the MK Tower View at Cont!)

I am so envious of all the people I read about on here with all the marvelous offers!
    10/85 Off Site
    2/88 Disney Vil
    10/90 Disney Vil
    10/93 CB & GF
    5/94 WL
    12/95 Cont
    10/98 WL & CS
    12/00 DixLand & Poly
    12/04 Cabins & YC
    10/05 POFQ
    5/07 Cont & BCV
    10/07 Pop
    12/08 POR!
    5/09 Poly!
    5/10 WL
    10/10 POFQ
    5/11 CS
    10/11 PORS & BW
    5/12 Pop
    6/12 gave in & just moved

Post Thanks / Like

I was actually REALLY surprised that I've received so many this year. I used one last December for 40% off the room. I've heard a lot of people say that they use it one year and then don't receive another for years, so I was shocked when I received multiple this summer. Disney must be hurting more than we know. I couldn't take advantage of any of the offers I've received so far because I'm not going til New Years and then again in May. Hopefully the pin codes won't stop now!
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I never get PIN codes. I just updated everything on the website, requested a DVD, and saved a booking offer. I can only hope that this will help. I'm an AP holder, but it's getting ready to expire, so I'm thinking that this might help. I have no idea how they distribute PIN codes. Also, I think that they might go by calendar year since last visit. Since our last visit was December 2008, I'm hoping that by not visiting in 2009, we'll get an offer for the spring 2010. Who knows?!
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I've gotten 3 since May, and we decided to use the free dining (regular plan) with booking a value resort. The dates were 11/27-12/15 or something like that. We are going 12/4-9.

IMO... I try and do at least two surveys while we are there, and I always give my e-mail. It's marketing, and it worked because we are going back.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

None for us either, two years in row full boat at the Poly Princess Suite and not a single pin code. Kinda a bummer IMO.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

nadda - zip - zero . . .
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

I always get a pin code at the end of Jan. early Feb. that needs to be booked by 3/31 and we always book using it.

I have received 2 this year...one for 40% off and another for free dining at the time we are scheduled to go. I was very excited to change to the free dining pin only to have them announce it to the public a month later...oh well it saves us a bundle.
    Off-Site several times between 1983-1992
    1993-Grand Floridian
    1996-Poly
    1998-Poly
    2001-Poly
    2004-Pop
    2008-Pop "First MNSSHP"
    2009-Coronado Springs" MNSSHP"
    2010-Pop Century "MNSSHP"
    Next Trip 10/01/2011 MNSSHP !

"Now approaching carousal of progress."

Post Thanks / Like

Let me tell my story, we always received pin code post cards and assorted discounts by email and reg mail. We always used them have gone to Disney and stayed on property all times. Then 3 trips ago we had a problem at one of the parks. I am not going to mention names and details but. My wife went to customer service @ the MK and complained it was a big 1 hr turmoil with lots of assorted managers and a CM was found at fault. Ever since she complained that time and she gave name and resort info. Since that day and that problem we have never been sent and specials by mail or email.The moral to the story is " THEY REMEMBER" Just like the rapters do...In This case the squeeky wheel does not get the oil.....

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that's true about complaining. It's more of a hit and miss thing.

I have sent complaints to all concerned, as high up as Eisner at the time, had my problem fixed to my liking and I receive pin codes.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    I don't think that's true about complaining. It's more of a hit and miss thing.

I have sent complaints to all concerned, as high up as Eisner at the time, had my problem fixed to my liking and I receive pin codes.

Well then explain to me why we were sent every code offered for many years in a row. Then after the problem and complaint we have been sent nothing. Maybe we go to the resorts too much they know we will come any ways?

First trip 1986 ...
    Not enough since then!

Post Thanks / Like

Since June I have received 3 pin codes, 2 for free dining and one for room only discount oct/nov ....I can't use any of them however. We already have a nice bounce-back discount on our room for this coming trip so we don't want the dining plan instead....and not planning on going in oct/nov.

But if they want to send me a pin code for NEXT December, I would be all over it.

Do they ever send out pin codes for DLR?

Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: