Quantcast Deluxe lovers - what do you like about deluxes?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deluxe lovers - what do you like about deluxes?

I've stayed value to deluxe - concierge level. I love Pop Century and don't really care for the deluxes. I was just wondering what it is that those of you who love deluxes find so appealing about it. Is it the view or the theming? Bigger rooms or something else?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me personally, it's pretty much location.
    Tammi, Team INTERCOT Moderator
    Disney Cruise Line & Accomodations

Please visit our Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Room size and amenities have always been important to us. Part of the reason is that from our very first trip, the room was not simply where we slept, and got ready for the parks. We have always had younger children with us, from our own, as pre-teens, through the teen years, and with our grandkids, from 4 months, through the teen years. And on virtually every trip, someone in our clan always had a need for a room sleeping five. At least 3 beds in one of the rooms has always been a necessity.
    DW (aka DM and DGM) relaxes in the room, or on the patio or balcony, (usually feeding the ducks, turkeys, or ibises) and the kids and grandkids visit with her, sharing their tales of the day, showing their purchases, and planning the night/next day.

The game rooms used to be important, as well as convienent shops and grab and goes....And of course, there's always the monorail.

I have personally travelled a great deal, in the military, and on business, and DW and I have spent a great deal of time on the road visiting our family. We like to be comfortable when we travel. We simply like the extra room, and extra perks, of the deluxes. Fortunately, we also have access to Shades of Green, for the room.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Tammy. The main reason I love them is location. I just don't feel like I'm really at WDW unless I'm right next to the MK (or Epcot, but I prefer the MK location). When we do beach vacations, I'm one of those people who will also pay more to stay on the beach, always in sight of the waves. Location is important to me when I travel.

Second to location, but part of it really, is transportation. The transportation has always been better for me, to any park or area, from my monorail deluxe. I have stayed moderate and busing to everything really gets old fast, plus having to wait for more than one bus if one is full? Never happened to me at the Poly or GF. On vacation, I prefer to avoid aggravation and my time is precious. I don't want to spend it waiting for buses.

Also, I'm not all about the parks. I love spending days at the resort, shopping, dining, swimming, relaxing, not having to go anywhere. At the deluxes, I have fine or casual dining choices plus great shopping without having to leave my resort (especially at the GF, my favorite).

Finally, the rooms are larger, and so are the beds. My family is more comfortable with more space to spread out, but still be together.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

#1 Proximity to Parks - with the exception of AKL, whose only proximity draw is closeness to the Savannahs, most of the times the big draw of the deluxes is closeness to or transportation options to the parks beyond bus service. It very nice to be able to walk, catch the monorail.

#2 theming -For example, even the lobby area of many of the deluxes are pure magic...WL, AKL, GF, Poly and even the CR (with the monorail running through it) add a good deal of magic to your stay.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Themeing is important, we just can't get enough of the cozy ambiance and woodsy feel of WL. I adore the craftsman style furniture and mission lighting.

Room size is nice, bed size is even nicer....we are tall people, we need Queen size. I like the flat panel tv's, granite counter tops, private balcony, interior room entrance. We love the beach at WL, the view of Bay lake, the boat to MK, the water parade every night. The grand lobby, the fine dining and the gorgeously manicured grounds. I feel like I am a real resort hotel.

We stayed at POP once and felt like we were at a brightly colored motel.
    Coming Soon.....
    March 2011 - Beach Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default transportation

We've stayed at moderates and deluxes and prefer the deluxes for transportation options. The theming and water features are an added bonus.
    Jill

14 visits (WDW)
    Offsite: Caribe Royale,Best Western
    On: POFQ, CBR, BC, WL, Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer deluxe resorts for their:

- Location -- we love to be within close proximity and view of the parks; it also is important to us to be able to easily visit other nearby resorts for dining and shopping

- Transportation -- the convenience and enjoyment of taking a boat, riding the monorail, or walking to a park(s) and other nearby resorts is one of our favorite features

- Dining and shopping options -- as a party of two adults, we spend a decent amount of time in the resort TS restaurants, lounges and shops; it's great to have casual and finer dining options both at our resort and at easily reachable neighboring resorts

- Guest rooms -- it's very important to us to have two queen beds, and we love having larger rooms and bathrooms to spread out and relax

- Theming -- while the theming at all the WDW resorts is nice, we find the theming at many of the deluxe resorts to be more extensive and appealing to our tastes.
    ºOº April ºOº

Next trips: GF Sept. '14, WL Jan. - Feb. '15!
    Previous stays: WL, AKL, Polynesian, POFQ, Newport Bay Club (DLP), DL Hotel, GF, DxL

Post Thanks / Like

Location. We mostly stay at the Polynesian, lagoon view across from the castle. Its like we never leave the magic. Theming too, the smells, sounds, and views at the Polynesian are just terrific. It just fits us perfectly. I couldn't imagine being in a smaller room then the Polynesian. With five of us, we need as much room as we can get!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

We continue to stay at deluxe resorts for the theming, location and ease of transportation around WDW. I love staying a monorail ride away from the Magic Kingdom, or boat ride or walk away from Epcot and DHS.

Post Thanks / Like

There is really only one main reason for me to stay at deluxe. I like to have an inside room instead of a room that is a walk away from everything. Other wise I find the food courts and game rooms and pools sometimes smaller then the moderates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Themeing is important, we just can't get enough of the cozy ambiance and woodsy feel of WL. I adore the craftsman style furniture and mission lighting.

Room size is nice, bed size is even nicer....we are tall people, we need Queen size. I like the flat panel tv's, granite counter tops, private balcony, interior room entrance. We love the beach at WL, the view of Bay lake, the boat to MK, the water parade every night. The grand lobby, the fine dining and the gorgeously manicured grounds. I feel like I am a real resort hotel.

We stayed at POP once and felt like we were at a brightly colored motel.
    Same for us (well...except that I'm not tall!). The theming is gorgeous at the WL, and I prefer an interior room entrance. The proximity to MK and the access to fne dining is also a plus.
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answers. I guess some of the reasons I don't like it are the reasons you guys do. I don't like taking the monorail, because I don't like all the stops. I prefer getting on the bus at Pop and make next stop is the park. When we first stayed at the Poly, I was excited about the castle view. Then I realized it was only the top of the castle. Definitely not what I was expecting. I don't really like the theme at GF. Poly was okay - the grounds were very nice. I do want to stay at AKL one of these days. I think I'll like it there.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

The room size at Poly is great. I love the queen sized beds at Poly and WL.I also love the boat transport to MK from WL. The ferry is great option at Poly too. We did this a lot last trip.. Our log house was closer to the ferry than the main house. I like having a beach to sit and vegitate out at. I like having multiple dining choices, not just a food court.
    1973,1978 (2x) Off Site
    1980 CONTEMPORARY
    1981 POLY
    1983 OFFSIGHT
    1990 POLY
    2000 POLY
    2001 BOARDWALK
    2002 WL
    2003 GROSVENOR DTD
    2003 WL
    2004 POFQ
    2005 POP
    2006 POP
    2007 WL
    2008 Polynesian
    2009 POFQ
    2010 AKL
    2011 AKL
    2012 CBR
    2013 CBR March & December

Post Thanks / Like

I like the bigger beds, bigger rooms, that there is some privacy when you use the vanity, bell services (I know it's available at other resorts but I felt like I had 10 heads when I asked at POR), interior corridors, and multiple dining options.

The Boardwalk is my favorite - so I like the location.
    ~ Christine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Thanks for the answers. I guess some of the reasons I don't like it are the reasons you guys do. I don't like taking the monorail, because I don't like all the stops. I prefer getting on the bus at Pop and make next stop is the park. When we first stayed at the Poly, I was excited about the castle view. Then I realized it was only the top of the castle. Definitely not what I was expecting. I don't really like the theme at GF. Poly was okay - the grounds were very nice. I do want to stay at AKL one of these days. I think I'll like it there.
    And that is exactly why Disney offers 22 resort hotels. Something for everyone!
    '90 - High School Trip
    '05 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    '06 - Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
    '08 - VWL and BCV

Next Up:
    '09 - Wilderness Lodge Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It is all about location for us. We enjoy stepping out and walking into Epcot. The theme of the BWI is just so magical to us,that we really have no desire to stay any where else.

Dawn,Denise&Diane
    New trip in the works! Can't wait to get back! WDW a little piece of heaven here on earth!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Marceline;1952081]Themeing is important, we just can't get enough of the cozy ambiance and woodsy feel of WL.

Room size is nice, bed size is even nicer... I like the flat panel tv's, granite counter tops, private balcony, interior room entrance. We love the beach at WL, the view of Bay lake, the boat to MK, the water parade every night. The grand lobby, the fine dining and the gorgeously manicured grounds. I feel like I am a real resort hotel.QUOTE
    1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marceline View Post
    Themeing is important, we just can't get enough of the cozy ambiance and woodsy feel of WL. .

Room size is nice, bed size is even nicer.... I like the flat panel tv's, granite counter tops, private balcony, interior room entrance. We love the beach at WL, the view of Bay lake, the boat to MK, the water parade every night. The grand lobby, the fine dining and the gorgeously manicured grounds. I feel like I am a real resort hotel.

1974 - Off Property
    1975 - Poly
    1980 - Golf Resort (Honeymoon)
    1881 - Golf Resort
    1982 - Poly
    1983 - Contemporary
    1989 - CBR (10th anniversay)
    1998 - CBR (DD 1st trip )
    2001 - CBR
    2003 - WL
    2004 - WL (25th anniversary)
    2005 - WL
    2006 - WL
    2010 - WL

Post Thanks / Like

We love the location of Yacht Club or any of the Epcot resorts. It really cannot be beat. We are not so fond of the monorail hotels. Just seem too busy and more stroller kids to navigate thru. Reminds us of staying in the middle of a big busy shopping mall.
    We LOVE AK because the theming just cannot be beat and cannot be replicated anywhere else. To us, it is the only truly unique resort at WDW. It is almost a park unto itself.

We love the good food and bigger rooms and most of all, the balconies. We have spend many a early morning and late night relaxing and reliving our day on the balcony.

This being said, our kids (8 and 10) are clamouring to stay at POP or ASM next trip, they are enthralled with the cartoonish theming, so I guess we will give it a trynext trip. Then we will see where we stand.
    Kim, Mom of Two Russian Angels

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: