Quantcast Survivor-Samoa - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Survivor-Samoa

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pixiesmimi View Post
    Does anyone else think it is strange that Jeff has not said the "if anyone has an idol they must produce it before the votes are read" speech? I thought sure he would say it last week since it might be time to get down to playing it.
    I may be wrong, but I didn't think the immunity idol came into play until after the merge when challenges were for individual immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    I'm almost sure they filmed Pearl Islands and then the All-Stars in the same location (the Pearl Islands...duh ) back to back. I remember Rupert only had a few weeks between shoots.
    Yep ... you're right, Mel.

It's probably easier for them if you think about it ... that way they just keep the same crew and everything right in the same location. Saves a ton of time and energy.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think if they find the idols, they can use them at any time. I think maybe it's edited for our benefit or they know they won't come into play yet. If anyone wanted to use their idol, I'm sure it would come out. I'm so desperate for a twist at this point! Shake the show up. Do something. Surprise us.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

No shake-ups last night. Jaison: what was with throwing himself under the bus? It's like he wanted to quit, but couldn't do it, so he was hoping they would do it for him? I don't know. I've never seen such a sorry bunch of non-strategizing Survivors in my life. I liked Liz, but she was still trusting Russell after he flat out told her he had it in for her a few weeks ago? I begin to understand why the producers decided to make this season The Russell Show. He's the only one who seems to be playing the game.

Though, we're finally seeing some alliances take shape on Galu, and it's not pretty. For all their wins, that team is a mess on the inside, not bonding as a solid group at all. It should be easy for new alliances to form at merge and it's anybody's game-- or Russell's game, unless some other players start playing.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not usually the one to vote strong males off but Jaison is "dead weight". I was "blindsided" at Liz going home and VERY disappointed. That girl gave it her all and the kept Jaison .

My only thought they kept him because they figured the merge was coming and Liz had the personality to be absorbed by an alliance on the other tribe. Jaison...not so much...and they can probably beat him whenever. I'll be very disappointed to see him in the final.

Yes it's the Russell show but I agree...he's the only one really playing on that side. The producers choose people who will be the good guys and those who will be villians. Russell wanted to be the villain...and well what can I say...we're loving to hate him.

I'm glad Shambo mixed with the guys but...if the merge sticks (they may just redivide the tribes)...by my count...Russ's little alliance with "the Harley girl"...will put him in alliance with the "ya-ya sisterhood" and they'll take out "Shambo and friends".
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Did I hear it right....Russell told the visitor from the other tribe (forgot her name, sorry) that he was a "Pastor"??????

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missymouseworld View Post
    Did I hear it right....Russell told the visitor from the other tribe (forgot her name, sorry) that he was a "Pastor"??????
    I think he said his dad was a preacher. I'm pretty sure he didn't say he was a pastor. But he definitely told her (Laura) what she wanted to hear. The man has been paying attention out there.

I don't love to hate Russell. I actually don't enjoy him being there at all. But since he's the only one who seems to be actually playing the game, I'll give him credit and I would rather he won at this point than some of the people just dragging along through the game. It's a sorry season. I'm still hoping for a huge shake-up or twist.
    Last edited by SBETigg; 10-30-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: added Laura's name
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

He said his daddy was a preacher, yeah. I liked the part when he told her, " ... I can spot a good Christian ... " better, though.

The odd things is I'm actually starting to like Russell. He's playing the game, at least. The rest of his tribe is just brutal!! I don't know that I've ever seen a bigger collection of stiffs assembled under one flag before. Maybe that team that Stephanie had to deal with where she was the last one left standing before the merge, but that would be it. They're just pathetic.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad Erik is gone for the simple reason that the way he pronounced Shambo (ShamBO) drove me batty.

Blindsides are usually pretty fun, but I'm still not really into this season like past seasons. Hopefully that will come soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I was glad Erik was gone after that dismal, condescending speech at TC. Three or four weeks ago, I was all "Rrrr, Russell. It's the Russell Show. Get rid of evil Russell." And then I started to come around and last night, I was cheering for him to plant his evil Russell seeds and break up Galu! So weird.

I can see why Russell felt the need to play his idol, though. Jaison came up with the great plan to be rid of Erik and Natalie set it up perfectly. Foa Foa worked like a well-oiled machine but Russell was left out of the final scheming after Laura got immunity. And I still can't figure out what is up with Mick. He's playing the cute girl strategy better than any cute girl ever has, dragging on those coattails and not presenting any kind of threat whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if he added giggles to his repertoire. How could Galu be so clueless and ready to fork over one of their own? Worst alliances ever. At least Jaison and Natalie finally started playing the game along with Russell. The rest of them? They had better catch up fast or they're gone.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I found it interesting that Russell, the man who has had a put down for everyone in the game so far, spoke well of Shambo when they were fishing together. He didn't add anything demeaning at all when he spoke of her. Personally, I really find Shambo to be annoying, which is strange, because I really liked her in the beginning.

So longgggg, Erik! He was so arrogant at that tribal council. I'm glad Laura ended up winning immunity, because voting him out was way more satisfying!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I actually laughed out loud when Erik was voted out. He made that long, overblown, windbag, arrogant speech at tribal council and about five minutes later his bag was packed and he was outta there. I love blindsides like that!

Regarding Shambo ... I'm mixed on her. Mostly I find her annoying, but I do believe she's a genuinely nice (if not completely socially inept) person. I do, however, find her incessant whining about the "90210 crowd" very irritating. Just deal with it lady! They're young kids ... that's how they are!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Shambo calls the the 90210 crowd and I guess I was close. I called them the "Ya-ya sisterhood". I absolutely cannot stand them either. Laura and Monica just ugh...everytime I see them. I can't WAIT for them to go. I think if I was there I'd have a difficult time with them too but I would probably keep it to myself. Shambo...would be easy to deal with.

Actually I was annoyed with Russell in the beginning. He's kinda winning me over despite is arrogant ways (I apologize to the anti-Russell group). I appreciate that he is getting in there an really playing the game. He appears to be a real fan of survivor and wanted to be the "villian". I admit I kinda appreciate how he's stirring the pot. For the most part too...he seems to be a prime player in keeping Foa Foa alive. Alas...I have a feeling that Russell isn't in as much "control" as he "thinks" he is. It'll probably be a big ego blow. I really want to see him make it to the jury. Now the tall guy..."Dave????" I don't recall his name. He seems to be a lot more "evil" than Russell.

The big thing to remember...they are out there for 39 days and all we see is a few hours of carefully edited programming.

Shambo...I think she's truly a really sweet person just clumsy socially.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I like Shambo. She doesn't annoy me. She's socially awkward and therefore not playing the smartest game but that's one reason I like her. Also, I liked her observation that the 90210s (who are definitely old enough to know better-- especially Laura!) are like the cheerleaders and make her feel like she's the awkward outcast. It really put her in a more sympathetic position. A lot of people can identify with not being one of the "in" crowd.

The ads seem to suggest that people are after Russell this week, which means there's no way Russell's going this week, or he's going out in a big way. More likely he survives. I hope Laura goes. Also, we've still hardly seen any of Kelly or Brett, which means I doubt they're making final four. Dave is probably evil, but he has some of the best lines. I think he's hilarious.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

O.k. now after tonights episode, I have a newfound respect for Russell. He really is playing the game and outwitting the other players. I chuckled out loud at the outcome.
    Dixie Landings 94,96,98
    POR 2006
    POFQ 2008,2009,2011
    Boardwalk 2013
    POFQ 2016

Post Thanks / Like

I'm totally on Team Russell. I don't hate him at all anymore. Villain? Ha. I want him to win. He has been playing from day one. Props to Natalie, who has started playing, too. The Foa Foas can go all the way. I wanted Laura to go home so badly, and then ack, she won! I wouldn't be surprised if Russell found the next idol, too.

I notice Erik seems to be a new fan of Russell, too.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

That was the sweetest blindside ever. They thought they had it in the bag. HA HA. I love it when that happens. I REALLY REALLY wanted Laura to go. I was so crushed that Shambo didn't take it...I would have taken Monica out but Kelly wasn't a bad choice. Between Kelly and Monica I guess Kelly was a bit more of the "schemer". Hopefully they'll be able to pick Laura off next week and then Monica.

I've "officially" moved over to the "dark side". I'm on the Russell team. My son liked Russell from the beginning. I didn't...but...he's really playing the game very hard and thinking every move. He does seem to be in a bit unsure of what to do. If he doesn't find the idol next week...maybe he'll win immunity.

My son was a little distressed that Shambo voted Russell but I thought it was a good thing because now she can flip over to the Foa Foa side as a spy. She apparently did NOT reveal that Russ had the idol. They seemed totally SHOCKED.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, have converted! At the beginning of this season, I didn't think I'd say this, but I'm rooting for Russell to win the whole thing! He's played strategically from the beginning, and man, finding TWO hidden immunity idols with no clues? Crazy! I hope he finds the next one, too. I thought it was funny in the preview for next week's show how all the Galu members were all following him around, probably hoping he'd lead them to the next idol! Guess they can't do it for themselves!

I don't like how Galu has become so cocky and think they have this all wrapped up. I was so glad to see the blindside last night and the looks on their faces. Priceless!
    Laura
    "Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free!" Jiminy Cricket
    25+ trips to WDW and counting! Stayed at: Poly, WL, Kidani, SSR, BLT, BCV, CSR, VB, POR, Jambo, OKW, CR, VGF & BW!
    Next Up: Nov 2017 - SSR!
    DVC Member & AP holder since 2008!

Post Thanks / Like

When was it announced that Erik was on the jury? I was shocked when they brought him into Tribal. Did I miss Jeff saying it last week or was this a little "producer blindside" having him Juror #1?

Like him or not, gotta give Russell props for finding two idols without any clues. He thought it out well that it would be somewhere "landmarked".
    Scott
    2 visits as a child
    6/97, 6/01, 6/04: All-Star Sports
    12/05, 6/08: Pop Century
    May-June/10: Animal Kingdom Lodge
    5/11: All-Star Sports 1 night Epcot Flower & Garden
    May 2013 POFQ (25th anniversary!)

Post Thanks / Like

I think Jeff said it at Erik's boot last week, that Erik is our first jury member. But I also watch the Ponderosa miniseries at the CBS Survivor website with voted out Survivors at camp and they kicked it off with Erik this week, showing him headed out to be the first jury member. Boy was he mad to be voted off. It should be interesting to see Kelly's reaction when she joins him.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Strangely, I never knew I was pulling for Russell until that immunity challenge when it was him against Laura! I was so disappointed when Russell didn't pull that bag in faster and win his spot in the final three doing the challenge! Very weird. I still don't like him much, but it will be interesting to see how far he will go! Not sure that I want to see him win, but I definitely wasn't ready to see him leave!

I was surprised that Shambo voted for Russell. Erik was still really bitter. Made for an interesting tribal council.
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: