Quantcast She Said - He Said Day 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default She Said - He Said Day 11

Cast:
    She (nicster) – 10 years old at WDW. Real world age? Between 50 & death…
    He (DH) – 11 years old at WDW. Ditto on real world age.

September 30:

THE PLAN: Typhoon Lagoon – Epcot – Eating Around the World – Starship – La Nouba

This is our last full day at the World. Pretty sad. But I think my favorite day of the whole trip.

We figure to sleep in a little and then head over to Typhoon. We get there a little after 10, and surprise, surprise, it’s actually a little chilly. Wouldn’t you know it? Our last day here and the temperatures are finally comfortable.

Nothing special at Typhoon. But I’ve got a different bathing suit on this time, so no issues in the wave pool. (see day 7) We hang around till 1 and then back to the room where we shower and start packing our bag to be checked.

I really hate having to pack to leave. It seems like I just unpacked, it is some cosmic joke how fast the time goes in Walts World. Okay, I am over it (for now).

We head over to Epcot. By this time, I can’t be bothered documenting bus times. But there were no issues. We walk thru Future World and enter the International Showcase. We were going to try a Kim Possible mission, but just ran out of time.

We actually went to the Kim Possible Induction Center. They have you commit to a mission to save the world, okay I’m in. The recruiter swipes your key to the Kingdom, and the computer asks how many will be going on the mission? He then gave us a ticket (about the size of a fast pass) and sends us on our way to Mission Control (or some-such). We never made it there, but I assume we would have then turned in our ticket for a Kimmunicator & would have been off to save the world. Well the world would need to have two other recruits, maybe next time.

We head left for all of the F&W kiosks. We’ve pretty much saved up all of our snacks on the DDP for this day. We try the empanadas, tacos, tostados, a couple of meats on a stick and basically we share each one. What a great time. We really enjoyed all of them…didn’t have to toss a one.

We were both hungry & ready to be adventurous. We started in Brazil with the Grilled Pork Skewer with Farofa. It was actually several small cubes of tender flavorful pork with an almost fine bread crumb type stuff lightly covering it. It was interesting because the crumbly stuff wasn’t cooked on it, it seemed to be rolled in it. Very tasty! Next up, Buenos Aires, Argentina, where we had the Beef Empanada with Tomato Salsa & the Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri & Boniato Puree (this last was my favorite of all, so tender & flavorful with a Pesto type sauce on it). Then we moved on to The Mouse Catch which featured cheeses. We chose the three cheese sampler plate. Then Krakow, Poland. We had heard that the Kielbasa & Potatoe Pierogie with Caramelized Onions & Sour Cream was really good so we tried that one. Again - YUM! By this time our appetites are pretty much satiated.

So we head down to the stage for the 5:15 Starship show. We don’t stand in line. All of those folks end up on the right side of the stage. I get in line to get Nicci a lobster roll, and when they open up the left side of the stage area, Nicci goes down and gets a seat in the FIRST row, about 8 or 9 people from center stage. WOW!

Thanks for the lobster roll! It was the priciest of all the food items for the DDP snacks ($7.50 if I remember right). A delicious toasted roll with lots of lobster meat…

So Mickey Thomas and company come out and they start doing a few of the true Starship songs. They do Sara and Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now. Then they announce that they’ll be doing a medley of some of the older songs. Fingers Crossed, Toes Crossed, Eyes Crossed.

I am hoping for White Rabbit…

So of course they start out with White Rabbit. How could they not? They finish that up and roll right into the next song. OMG! OMG! After just a couple of notes I recognize the song, they’re doing it!!! No one seems to figure it out, but I’m on my feet screaming and applauding. They’re really going to do it. Miracles. My favorite. After missing Hazard, this is way too cool. I even tear up a bit, but I’m singing right along. Made my day and there is still a lot more to come.

They swing into Somebody to Love and of course, they just have to do We Built This City, with everyone in the audience singing along.

Wow, the energy in the audience was fantastic. We were all singing along, and really into the music.

Can it get any better? I think not.

So finally the set is over, and we hit the road. Almost. We have to have some snacks for La Nouba. I head to France to get a couple of cream puffs, using 2 of our last 3 snack credits there. And Nicci goes to Norway for another of those cream cheese pretzels.

My last hurrah! They are so kind there in the bakery. I explained that I wanted the pretzel to go, so I could enjoy it at Cirque du Soleil. So she pulls the fresh ones out of the back puts it on a paper plate then places at plate on top of it & puts it in the bakery bag for me—perfect! No smudged frosting here!

Now the question is, how to get to DTD. We get out to the buses and a Port Orleans bus is there. That should work. So in a few minutes we’re there. I don’t know the boat schedule, or we’d have given that a shot. So instead, we wait for the DTD bus. Some 18 minutes later, it shows up, but soon we’re there at DTD.

I think it is kinda an adventure to go bus-hopping (as I call it in my head).

We get off at the first stop and head to Wolfgang Puck Express for a meal. After that, we wander on down to La Nouba. We’re 3rd row center. Great seats. You feel like you’re totally in the action. I think you might miss a little bit of all of the action going on all around, but I suspect you get that feeling no matter where you sit. The show is just spectacular. Awesome. How many superlatives can I think of? Let me just say a real special evening to our last day.

What can I add to what was just said? The performance was outstanding. We had seen Cirque du Soleil in Vegas back in ’96 or ’97 & I remember it blowing us away. Well, were even more blown away than that! The theatre is huge, and very comfortable, Richard got us the best seats ever!!

Back to the PI bus stop at 10:51. It always seems that the DTD buses are the slowest, but I don’t think this wait was out of line. And soon we’re back “home”.

A special day. A very special day. Woo Hooo….they did Miracles!!!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

awwwww,i am so sad this was your last day,i have been enjoying living vacariously through your reports and dreaming of the day i go to the world for an adults only trip!
    "this is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

stitchaholic
    off site-1980
    ASM-2008
    POP-JAN 26,2009

CSR-JAN,2009
    WLV-jan 2010
    next visit dec 2010 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Loved your reports.. you will have to go back so we can enjoy more!! We go to Disney with the kids now, but its special to my hubby and I since we went on our honeymoon and several other times by ourselves..

Thanks for sharing both your perspectives!
    DisneyBarb

Poly 2016
    Poly 2015
    Beach Club 2014
    offsite- - Disneyland 2013
    Poly 2013
    Poly 2012
    Poly 2010
    Poly 2009
    Poly 2007
    Poly 2005
    Contemporary 2004
    WL 2003
    Poly 2003
    CB 1990
    Poly 1988
    off site 1983, 1980, 1978, 1971

Go Pats!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your great reports
    1975-2000 Family Trips, FW
    Nov 2005- FW
    June 2006- FW
    Feb 2007- FW
    Dec 2007- POFQ
    Feb 2008- POR
    July 2008- WL
    Dec 2008- FW
    Feb 2012- POFQ
    Herb
    Proud Passholder

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the "she said ...he said" angle of your WDW trip. I really enjoyed reading both of your points of view. We have all enjoyed your sharing and letting us be a part of your fun. Reading your report has helped bridge the gap until we leave for our trip in 30 days. It has made the waiting a little easier to endure. Thanks!
    Grammie

July 1988 Disneyland
    Aug 1997 Dixie Landings
    July 2003 off site
    Dec 2004 Day trip to Epcot
    Nov 21-Dec 1, 2007 CBR
    Nov 18-28, 2009 POP
    Nov 18-26, 2016 POP

Post Thanks / Like

Soon to come. Two more installments... The final & travel day, you won't believe what happened to us, and the summary. In the summary we will go into what we realized we left out of our day reports & what we would do differently... stay tuned!
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

Now you've really got me hooked and waiting to find out what happens next!

If you have to have a last day in Dsiney World, your day was practically perfect from start to finish!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

From start to finish, it sounds like the last day was a wonderful one. I'm so glad that Starship played your all-time favorites and that the F&W samplers were all good. And to finish off with LaNouba - wow!

I'm gonna miss you guys' reports - they've been fascinating to read! Now - on to the big finish!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Wow, sounds about as perfect as a day in WDW can get. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Jane

M A S E C A !

Team Billy - "I'm OK!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: