Quantcast Which Disney Movie Needs Character In The Parks

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Which Film Needs Characters in the parks?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Home On The Range

0 0%
  • Treasure Planet

0 0%
  • Atlantis

1 2.78%
  • Enchanted

8 22.22%
  • The Black Cauldron

4 11.11%
  • The Sword In The Stone

2 5.56%
  • Lady and the Tramp

11 30.56%
  • The Rescuers

3 8.33%
  • The Great Mouse Detective

2 5.56%
  • The Emporer's New Groove

5 13.89%
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Disney Movie Needs Character In The Parks

So Many Disney films are not represented by a single character in the parks. Which movie needs some fur?

I eliminated some films based on the fact that characters from films like Robin Hood, who at least have occasional visits from some of their characters.
    Loads of trips since 1974...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Horned King from the Black Cauldron would be really cool for MNSSHP.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the Emperor's New Groove. I love Yzma, Kronk and Kuzco.

I had seen pics of Kronk from a year or two ago, but it was a very limited time he was there from what I read here. Too bad.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch View Post
    Definitely the Emperor's New Groove. I love Yzma, Kronk and Kuzco.

I had seen pics of Kronk from a year or two ago, but it was a very limited time he was there from what I read here. Too bad.
    There was also a Kuzco Llama character out for a while. The last time I saw him was perhaps 2004 at the front of DHS back when they did an afternoon Meet N Greet with several random characters. This was also the only time I saw Phil.
    I have never seen an Yzma character although I have been told there is one. You are right about Kronk. He made some apperences about the time the new movie and animated series came out but he stopped appearing about three years ago. He did make a rare appearence at the Teardrop after that now and then but it has since stopped.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Miss Bianca and Bernard are around however appear only on special occassions. Treasure Planet had Jim & Ben appearing in Tomorrowland for quite an extended amount of time a few years back. Out of all the movies listed I would love to see someone from Lady & the Tramp. Tony used to do appearances at his restaurant in Town Square but it would be nice to see someone of the fur variety.

Another group of character I would like to see more of would be Dumbo (only out on rare appearances) and Timothy Mouse......maybe when the new Dumbo area opens with the FL expansion.

Post Thanks / Like

Lady and the Tramp is such a classic that there must be some way to get those characters to do appearences. If they can get Marie, Pluto and Dug to work in the parks, you'd think they could get Lady and Tramp as well.

The ones I really want to see are the Enchanted characters. Giselle and Edward are such over-the-top anf fun characters that I think they'd be a blast to meet.

Post Thanks / Like

I disagree with Lady and the Tramp. I know other animal characters are in-park characters, but for Lady and the Tramp, a lot of the charm exists because you can imagine those as living the secret life of your household pets, and if you represent them as in-park characters, that charm is lost.

They don't lose their animal characteristics in the movie to do things like walk on two legs and sing and dance, like other animal characters do in their movies (including the Aristocats), so it would really be stretch to have Lady and Tramp doing meet and greets standing on their hind legs-- it's not in keeping with their film representation at all, therefore, they're not possible characters in parks.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

great question. i had to go with the rescuers, although the choices are all good. plutoboy mentioned bernard and bianca are around on rare occassions. do you happen to know when? thanks!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plutoboy View Post
    Miss Bianca and Bernard are around however appear only on special occassions. Treasure Planet had Jim & Ben appearing in Tomorrowland for quite an extended amount of time a few years back. Out of all the movies listed I would love to see someone from Lady & the Tramp. Tony used to do appearances at his restaurant in Town Square but it would be nice to see someone of the fur variety.

Another group of character I would like to see more of would be Dumbo (only out on rare appearances) and Timothy Mouse......maybe when the new Dumbo area opens with the FL expansion.
    I have heard rumors of Bianca and Bernard for a long time. As far as I know they have not been around since the mid 90's. They are at some of the Parks overseas. About three years ago someone put false rumors on sites like this about them appearing at the teardrop. The rumor spread but was not true.
    Tony still appears at his restaraunt but it is only for grand gatherings.
    I should have put Dumbo on the list. I think the last time he was around was for a special employee day years and years ago. But then again I can only tell you what information I have collected.

Post Thanks / Like

I would LOVE to meet Basil and Rattigan from The Great Mouse Detective! On most days I consider this my favorite Disney movie.
    Jul80 DLR, Dec75 FW, Sept91 offsite, Sept95 ASSp, June00 offsite, June01 ASMo, July02 WL, June03 ASMo, Oct03 POR, Poly, Aug04 Pop,ASMu, Oct04 ASSp, Sept05 CSR,Pop,CBR, Dec06 WL,Pop, Sept07 POP,POR, Dec07 POP,May08 POP, Sept08 CR,Sept09 POP,Aug10 CBR, Feb11 POP, July11 AKL, Nov12 POP, March13 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Very true that it has been a while since Bernard & Miss Bianca have shown up. I was "friends" with the character from the mid-90s to mid 2000s and I did a meet'n'greet with them in 1999 or 2000.....can't remember. Too bad as they were really cute. As I kid I can remember Orville being out and about....huge costume from what I remember!! When I went to TDL a few years ago they made regular appearances there....seems the rarer characters are always more of a staple overseas.

Another movie I just thought of and I can remember them being a part of the MSEP are Todd and Copper from Fox & the Hound.....that was a long time ago though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I disagree with Lady and the Tramp. I know other animal characters are in-park characters, but for Lady and the Tramp, a lot of the charm exists because you can imagine those as living the secret life of your household pets, and if you represent them as in-park characters, that charm is lost.

They don't lose their animal characteristics in the movie to do things like walk on two legs and sing and dance, like other animal characters do in their movies (including the Aristocats), so it would really be stretch to have Lady and Tramp doing meet and greets standing on their hind legs-- it's not in keeping with their film representation at all, therefore, they're not possible characters in parks.

I guess that's probably why characters from "Bambi", aside from the rare Thumper, are absent as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always surprised theyhave not had Bernard and Bianca from The Rescuers
    Please stand clear of the doors. __________________________________________________ Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: