Quantcast NFL Rookie of the Year Voting

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Cool NFL Rookie of the Year Voting

Okay, so the NFL announced the finalists for Rookie of the Year. They include:
    1. Jarius Byrd, S, Buffalo Bills
    2. Brian Cushing, LB, Houston Texans
    3. Percy Harvin, WR, Minnesota Vikings
    4. Clay Matthews, LB, Green Bay Packers
    5. Michael Oher, OT, Baltimore Ravens
    Now look ... all these players had great years, but consider the following ...

Mark Sanchez of the Jets won Rookie of the Week three times during the regular season. Harvin only won twice, Byrd never won, Cushing never won (but Brian Orakpo, also a LB, did win once), Oher never won, and Matthews won once.

How about Knowshon Moreno, who had an outstanding rookie season and won Rookie of the Week four times. Where is he on the list?

Jeremy Maclin of the Eagles had stats nearly identical to Percy Harvin's and he also won Rookie of the Week once yet he didn't make the finals? Sanchez lead his team to the playoffs in his first year and doesn't even make the finals? Mike Wallace of the Steelers had stats similar to Harvin's and won Rookie of the Week three times and he's not in the final five?

I don't get it.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I could not and would not vote for mark sanchez. While he started hot- and won rookie of the week for three weeks- his play throughout the season has been up & down. While Sanchez seems to have turned a corner- his 20 interceptions would make me, and apparently the NFL voters turn against him. Also- I would comment- Thomas Jones and the Jet D and O line have 'led' the Jets to this point (even Shone Greene was not that significant a factor, untill the last few weeks). So you could say Sanchez shot himself in the foot.

Apparently the others you mention didn't have a good PR rep, or played in 'less deirable' markets - especially that Philly area

It also goes to show how much rookie of the week matters in the NFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gueli View Post
    It also goes to show how much rookie of the week matters in the NFL.
    I've been a pretty big Football fan my whole life. I didn't even know there was such a thing.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I know I'm partial to him because he plays for my team, but someone else who didn't make the cut was Mike Wallace of Pittsburgh. He also has stats that nearly match Harvin - only 39 receptions but for 756 yds, average 19.4 yds per catch, and 6 TDs. He's won Rookie of the Week 3 times and had the game winning TD in 2 games - against GB and Miami. I guess because he's not catching for Farve and the Steelers didn't make the playoffs, he's not a consideration either.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Mike Wallace of the Steelers had stats similar to Harvin's and won Rookie of the Week three times and he's not in the final five?
    Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    I know I'm partial to him because he plays for my team, but someone else who didn't make the cut was Mike Wallace of Pittsburgh. He also has stats that nearly match Harvin - only 39 receptions but for 756 yds, average 19.4 yds per catch, and 6 TDs. He's won Rookie of the Week 3 times and had the game winning TD in 2 games - against GB and Miami. I guess because he's not catching for Farve and the Steelers didn't make the playoffs, he's not a consideration either.
    Is there an echo in here?

Must be a Pittsburgh thing!
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Is there an echo in here?

Must be a Pittsburgh thing!
    I told you before, I'm blonde!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I am extremely biased and bleed green and gold. But my vote is for Clay Matthews. He played absolutely solid and was difference maker when it mattered...the last 3/4's of the season. His stats back up his importance and value to the Packers...
    1986 and 1991 offsite
    1998,2000,2001,2003,2004,2006,2008 movies
    1999, 2002 sports
    2005, 2007, 2009, 2011 pop
    2008 Riverside (Christmas Parade)
    2010 CB (25th anniversary)

Post Thanks / Like

Percy Harvin !!!
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

An award like Rookie of the Week is almost always going to be given to an offensive "skill" player who, as with Sanchez (and Harvin) are going to have as many bad weeks as good. Harvin was great for a middle portion of the season, but was fairly anonymous beginning and end. Sanchez got off to a great start, but was then brought back to earth and Rex has changed tactics to hide his weaknesses since.

Whereas most of the players nominated have had solid seasons all the way through.

Given the options I would go with Brian Cushing, but if Clay Matthews was to get it I think that would be fair enough also.

Both of these guys were great. Coming from a rugby background one of the disappointing things in the NFL this year has been the standard of open field tackling. These two are proper wrap-around-a-guy-and-make-sure-he's-down players rather than the higlight-reel-seeking shoulder tackle nonsense.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: