Quantcast Which pins to collect next?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which pins to collect next?

My family and I recently got back from a 5 day holiday trip to WDW. We went armed with pins to trade and a mission to collect all 26 cast lanyard alphabet pins. Unbelieveably, with only hours left in our trip, we found the the last pin to complete the collection from a cast member at AK. We had a blast scouring the parks looking for these pins.

We are heading back in mid February. We would love to do this again. My question is, are there any collections similar to the alphabet pins that we can look for on our next trip? We have pins to trade. We just need a new mission. Thanks
    Jim aka PrincessASquared's Daddy º0º

DVC Owners as of August 1, 2007 at SSR!!
    2007 SSR
    2008 SSR

2008 - SSR
    2009 POP/BC
    2009 SSR
    2010 POP/OKW

2010 OKW
    2011 POP/BWV

Upcoming Trips
    2011 OKW
    2012 POP/BWV

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well a new set that just came out in November, its not an alphabet set but still notice it because I almost missed this one. A kingdom hearts set was released in November last year and it only being sold in Hot Topic. Their individually sold but theres only 4 of them, but their pretty big for Disney Pins. Even though their being sold at Hot Topic their still official pins made by disney, they got the mouse backing. I've been looking for them for years but they were just never made. Just a little something to collect while your home since disney isn't selling pins outside of the park now.

Heres what they look like:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/k...IMG_2408-1.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/k...s/IMG_2410.jpg

http://img.hottopic.com/is/image/HotTopic/164889_hi?$270x406$

http://media.photobucket.com/image/k...s/IMG_2405.jpg

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

If you go on the Disney website and find the pin trading section, they'll have a link to the latest cast member Hidden Mickey pins. We always have our list with us and check them off as we go! Happy trading!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessASquared View Post
    My family and I recently got back from a 5 day holiday trip to WDW. We went armed with pins to trade and a mission to collect all 26 cast lanyard alphabet pins. Unbelieveably, with only hours left in our trip, we found the the last pin to complete the collection from a cast member at AK. We had a blast scouring the parks looking for these pins.

We are heading back in mid February. We would love to do this again. My question is, are there any collections similar to the alphabet pins that we can look for on our next trip? We have pins to trade. We just need a new mission. Thanks
    Shoot, I just posted on this same set before I read your email. We found the entire set in our last trip as well. Nice job!

We never know what sets are coming out...we don't follow it *that* religiously. We jsut show up to the parks and if we start seeing a set that's cool, we start collecting them.

Except for me. I don't have any sets, really. I just collect Stitch and Jiminy Cricket pins. Well, I guess there is one set I try to collect...the different flags of the world pins on Mickey Mouse silhouettes. I've got five, I think. I'll probably have to buy them if I want them. I rarely see any of these around.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be looking for Resort Pins for all the resorts I've been to.
    I want one or two MK pins and a HS pin. ( I have one MGM Studio pin).
    I want a 101 Dalmations pin with Pongo/Perdita .
    Pins from Toy Story!!!
    Just ALOT more

Post Thanks / Like

On the Disney Parks Blog there was an article recently about a new set of pins called "The Mechanical Kingdom". I think i'll look for some of those.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine, Mine, Mine! The Seagulls from Nemo. Saw it earlier today on Disney Pins site.
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: