Quantcast Photopass wristbands???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Photopass wristbands???

When we were in the water parks the photopasses they were handing out had these really neat wristbands attached to them. We just stuck it on our wrist and went, no searching in purses and pockets every time we wanted our picture taken. It was great!

Why don't they offer the same passes in the other parks? I would gladly pay a couple bucks for the wristband. The convenience of never having to look for the pass is SO worth it.

I do not care for the lanyards they sell. I don't want anything hanging around my neck all day. But the wristbands were great.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree - I don't care for lanyards, either and I always end up fumbling around to find my photopass card.

BMan62 is offline Team INTERCOT Cast Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When we were there in September, all they had on the waterpark FastPasses were rubber bands. Wonder if they went 'cheap' and stopped the nice wristbands altogether????

Post Thanks / Like

My "wristband" Photopass card from Typhoon Lagoon in July was also only on a rubber band. My DDs each got a lanyard pouch - the clear plastic ones that you can attach to the end of a lanyard - but fastened it onto their bags instead of wearing it on a lanyard. They kept their Key To The World cards in them for EMHs but it would work for the Photopass cards as well.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

My DDs each got a lanyard pouch - the clear plastic ones that you can attach to the end of a lanyard - but fastened it onto their bags instead of wearing it on a lanyard.
    Good idea! I'll have to remember that next time.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a rumor going around that Disney is considering a new "high tech" WDW where all guests would get a wristband (or something similar) and that would have all your info on it about your stay: your hotel, reservations, etc. I'm sure they'd include photopass too. The only thing is, they're saying this new technology will cost Disney over a billion dollars. Great idea, but I'd rather see them spending that money adding new attractions.
    Here you leave Today, and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

D23 Charter Member
    WDW AP

20+ trips to Walt Disney World and counting since 1992!!
    1 trip to Disneyland, CA (2007)

Upcoming trips:
    Disneyland September 2012 &
    Walt Disney World November 2012 & February 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I got a wristband last December when I went to see Tinkerbelle. They were giving them out there. In August, I got a few with the rubberbands at BB. They said they are doing rubberbands because they are more "environmentaly" friendly. I thought to myself I am sure that is true but it reality the rubberbands are just cheaper.

Also, you can bring back and reuse the photopass cards. Any photopass card number that you enter in your account always stays there. The only thing you need to remember if you do this is that the pictures are technically retrived right away because the number is already associated with your account. This starts your 30 days right away.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwnomad View Post
    Also, you can bring back and reuse the photopass cards. Any photopass card number that you enter in your account always stays there. The only thing you need to remember if you do this is that the pictures are technically retrived right away because the number is already associated with your account. This starts your 30 days right away.
    But sometimes you can contact Photopass and they will extend your pictures. Still, you can't count on an extension and have to think that your pics will expire within 30 days of the first one taken.
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post
    But sometimes you can contact Photopass and they will extend your pictures. Still, you can't count on an extension and have to think that your pics will expire within 30 days of the first one taken.
    Photo extensions aren't free anymore and you don't request they do it. You now have to pay for the extensions. One of the "products" offered now are the extensions. A seven day extension is $4.95 and a 15 day extension is $9.95.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering...I still have my awesome wristband from TL 2006...brought it in 2009 but realized the card is so big it wasn't worth attaching...but...could I reuse the OLD photo card that is attached to the wristband since the pics on it are no longer valid??
    1990 & 91 - Off Property
    1992 - Contemporary
    1993 thru 96 - Poly
    2002 & 03 - Poly
    2006 - Poly
    2009 - Pop Century & Grand Floridian

2014 - Beach Club for my daughter's first trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PixieMagic View Post
    Just wondering...I still have my awesome wristband from TL 2006...brought it in 2009 but realized the card is so big it wasn't worth attaching...but...could I reuse the OLD photo card that is attached to the wristband since the pics on it are no longer valid??
    I think they still have the small cards at the water parks. I just bring a hole punch and still use the big cards til we get to the waterpark for a smaller one. Still beats digging around in your bag or pocket for the card.
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwnomad View Post
    Photo extensions aren't free anymore and you don't request they do it. You now have to pay for the extensions. One of the "products" offered now are the extensions. A seven day extension is $4.95 and a 15 day extension is $9.95.
    Good info. Thanks!
    Kathy șoș

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering and thought I would ask on this thread. We were just at Disney in January and I was celebrating a early birthday, from my dh (the trip was a early present from my hubby) they left in the room a card signed by Mickey and a photopass card with a discount. Since this was left the night before we left, I didn't get to use the card. My question is: Could I bring this card with me on my next visit, maybe next year, and use it?
    Been there, done that, going back!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyglamour View Post
    There's a rumor going around that Disney is considering a new "high tech" WDW where all guests would get a wristband (or something similar) and that would have all your info on it about your stay: your hotel, reservations, etc.
    1) I thought the process was to insert a computer chip into your arm.
    2) This way they know everything about you.
    3) And, it could cause pain if you went to Universal.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    1) I thought the process was to insert a computer chip into your arm.
    2) This way they know everything about you.
    3) And, it could cause pain if you went to Universal.

HAHAHA!! That's good stuff!
    Here you leave Today, and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

D23 Charter Member
    WDW AP

20+ trips to Walt Disney World and counting since 1992!!
    1 trip to Disneyland, CA (2007)

Upcoming trips:
    Disneyland September 2012 &
    Walt Disney World November 2012 & February 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyglamour View Post
    There's a rumor going around that Disney is considering a new "high tech" WDW where all guests would get a wristband (or something similar) and that would have all your info on it about your stay: your hotel, reservations, etc. I'm sure they'd include photopass too.
    I think it's a great idea. How nice would it be to have everything all in one place.
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

"Too many people grow up. That 's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: