Quantcast best travel agency?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default best travel agency?

Ok...it's finally official! I'm ready to book our next family vacation! We want to take the kids to Disney for 4 days on land and 3 days at sea to the Bahamas in March 2011...(is that a good time to go, weather wise?) Where do I start!?? Last Disney trip we went thru AAA. They were really great, but not sure who has the best price's. HELP!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest using Magical Journeys!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I made the mistake of using a different travel agency for a cruise and it was a total disaster. My next cruise was handled by Magical Journeys and I've never looked back! Not only truly nice people who provide wonderful service, but very knowledgeable.
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I will never ever book another trip without Magical Journeys. Our first two trips were booked through a local travel agent, then the next year I booked it myself and then I discovered Intercot who introduced me to MJ and I have never even considered any other way. The level of customer service is outstanding! The agents are friendly, helpful and so knowledgable they always have the answers I need or know how to get them.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Another vote for magical journeys.
    We booked with Wendy Lewis for our cruise which we leave in 4 days. There was 8 of us and she even let people know when pricing went down. Can't go wrong with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Magical Journeys is absolutely the only way to go & Wendy Lewis is an awsome agent!!
    1987 Orlando Vacation Resort
    1997,1999,2001 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
    2004 Disney Timeshare
    2005,2006,2007,2008 Comfort Inn Lake Buena V
    Dec 2008 Pop Century
    May 2009 Pop Century
    May 2010 Disney Cruise & Pop Century
    May 2011 Cruise on Dream & Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another vote for Magical Journeys! We have our first cruise booked for this summer with Debbie, and she has been awesome. I've asked a zillion crazy questions, and she even rebooked us when a Canadian-cruise special came out.

You can't go wrong with Magical Journeys
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! I've been in contact with Wendy. Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used Mouse Ear Vacations before??? I've sent almost all my info (except credit card) to them and I'm planning to book tonight or tomorrow mornign. I hope I didn't choose the wrong agency!!

Post Thanks / Like

Debbie at Magical Journeys is my goddess. 'Nough said.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be prejudiced but I think that Wendy at Magical Journey's is the absolute best travel agent!!!!!
    We have used her a number of times, we have referred several people to her and nobody has any complaints and believe me some of the people we have sent Wendy's way are complainers by nature..
    She will find you the best deal, she will make sure you needs are met and your voice is heard.
    Have a great trip!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

All four of our trips have been through AAA and we have never had any issues whatsoever. I do not know what the price difference is with MJ, but AAA has been great to use for us.
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by queenmom9497 View Post
    All four of our trips have been through AAA and we have never had any issues whatsoever. I do not know what the price difference is with MJ, but AAA has been great to use for us.
    If your AAA membership is going to net you the best discount, then that is how Magical Journeys will book your trip for you, but they are constantly on the lookout for any and all other discounts to save you the most money, and will always do so quickly, efficiently, and oh-so-friendly at no extra cost to you. They are highly knowledgeable, always available, and respond to all queries lightning fast. I will always book through Magical Journeys.

Post Thanks / Like

After using an agency for our first Disney cruise, I have never used an agency again ... now always book directly through Disney.

If anything goes wrong Disney will address it. If you book through an agency, Disney will not help you and you must deal with the agency who will deal with Disney which could be problematic once you have sailed. I learned this tidbit from talking to a CM with the DCL.

While the agencies offer "perks" and on-board credits, I learned that those are all in the price somewhere ... nothing is free.

On our last cruise, the best deal was to book our upcoming cruise on the ship. We are receiving a large on-board credit plus the deposit was half it would have been if booked on the mainland. Of course the whole deposit is required but the actual amount down at the time of making the reservation was half.

What I love about booking with Disney is that after the deposit is made, you can take the total balance and divide it up over how ever many months you want to pay it off by and budget the payment accordingly.

The balance is due 3 mos prior to departure so the earlier you book, the longer you have to pay if off and the better the stateroom choice you have.

There are hidden costs in agency prices too. If you check out the Disney site, they have done a good job in detailing the actual costs of the trip.

Once a friend of mine, a fellow DVC member, received an ad for an amazing Disney Cruise price however after I costed it out for him, considering everything that was missing i.e.: fuel surcharges, transportation charges to/from the port, etc., the base price of that cruise was actually more than if he booked directly from Disney.

Do your homework before you leap. Booking a cruise is not hard, especially with Disney.

Hope this helps.

-Jeffybob (Boardwalk DVC Member since '98)

2010 - BWV, Valentines Day
    2009 - BWV (2), DCL - Eastern Caribbean
    2008 - BWV (2)
    2007 - BWV
    2006 - DLR (2), SSR, BWV, DCL - Western Caribbean
    2005 - HH, BWV (2)
    2003 - BWV
    2002 - BWV, Disneyland Paris
    2001 - BWV, DLC - Bahamas
    2000 - BWV
    1999 - BWV, HH, VB
    1998 - BWV, Swan

Post Thanks / Like

While Jeffybob does make some good points about travel agencies in general, it is important to note that Magical Journeys is an official travel agent of Walt Disney World, and there are NO hidden costs, whatsoever. It's part of what makes them so great. :-)

Post Thanks / Like

In case no one mentioned it Magical Journey's was awesome. Very easy to set up, make payments, make any changes (did that a couple time last trip), very fast to e-mail responses or you may call.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Debbie at Magical Journeys is AWESOME! We have booked several trips with her and everything has been GREAT. Last year we were suprised to receive an email one day from Debbie prior to our trip to AKL with a better price for our vacation. Disney came out with another deal and Debbie was on it and got us the better price.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: