Quantcast Downtown Disney: Two new stores, Enhanced Theater Experience {Merged Threads}

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Downtown Disney: Two new stores, Enhanced Theater Experience {Merged Threads}

The official Disney Blog now mentions that D Street will open in West Side at Pleasure Island. No date is announced for the moment.

D Street, will be located in the Downtown Disney West Side and showcase a mix of products for both men and women. Items include cutting-edge apparel, pop culture novelties, Vinylmation figures and collectibles, artwork, handbags, accessories, jewelry and more. The store will have a raw, unfinished industrial look, an provide a great venue to showcase Disney art created by local artists.
    Product lines will feature vintage looks from Disney Couture and urban styles inspired by the surf and skate lifestyle. Vintage apparel includes artwork from classic Disney attractions and characters. D Street will also showcase jewelry designers Tarina Tarantino and Classic Hardware, and fashion labels Mighty Fine and Harajuku Lovers.
    The new urban-style location will also pave the way for everything in Vinylmation figures. D Street will become the flagship stores for Vinylmation figures, and become the platform to showcase the latest releases from the various collections, including the Park Series, Urban Series, Holiday Series, Cutesters and more. Designed by the creative talents from our Disney Design Group, Disney’s Vinylmation figures take on a whole new meaning in the world of collectibles. These 3″ and 9″ figures are often designed to represent icons, attractions and characters from Disney Parks & Resorts or have more of street feel with their urban-inspired looks.
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

This is taking over the Planet Hollywood store.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Downtown Disney: Two new stores, Enhanced Theater Experience coming soon

Downtown Disney: Two new stores, Enhanced Theater Experience coming soon

By Dewayne Bevil
    Orlando Sentinel
    March 2, 2010

Disney World is in the process of adding two stores and upgrading a movie theater at its Downtown Disney shopping and dining complex.

First up: AMC Entertainment is transforming auditorium 1 of the Pleasure Island 24 into its first Enhanced Theater Experience (a.k.a. ETX) in the United States. (One opened last year in Toronto). What that means: a 20 percent larger screen that goes from floor to ceiling, 3D technology, digital projection and 12-channel audio.

“What you’re getting is an eye-popping image that makes you feel like you’re seeing a movie like never before,” says Justin Scott, director of corporate communciations from AMC’s headquarters in Kansas City, Mo. He says the digital projection “delivers an image with higher resolution than HD.”
    Oh, and feel the synergy: ETX will be in place by Friday’s debut of Disney’s Alice in Wonderland.

Scott also touts the audio system. “The audio really carries the image… the audio is really what makes you feel ‘Wow, I’m in the movie.’ ”

It comes at a price, though. To see a regular-run film in ETX at PI24, add $2 to your ticket price; for a 3-D production, add $4.

The stores coming to Downtown Disney are D Street, an apparel store, and Ridemakerz, which sells customized radio-controlled vehicles.

Ridemakerz has already had a presence in California’s Downtown Disney, and it will open here March 25, Disney says. It will set up in the former Virgin Mega Store, which more recently housed a tribute to Princess Diana.

Guests will build and trick out their purchases in a variety of ways — 649 million of them. The store is booked to stay through fall 2010.

D Street, also on Downtown Disney’s West Side, will present urban inspired apparel. It builds of the concept of Tren-D on the Marketplace side, but D Street will have both men’s and women’s products plus Vinylmation figures, artwork and novelties. It’s set to open in April where a Planet Hollywood souvenir store was.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Default Downtown Disney: Two new stores, Enhanced Theater Experience {Merged Threads}

Exciting! I wish I could see Alice for its opening on Friday. Can't wait to see something in this enhanced theater. Wow!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that theater sounds amazing... And I think it is a good thing Disney is opening its own store and not one owned by a third party....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think that's three exciting news !

And it seems D-Street will be open when I'm at WDW, at the end of April. Great !
    -------------
    Numerous day trips to DLRP
    2007 DW - POP, AK, POFQ
    2007 DLRP - Halloween at DLRP, Newport Bay Club Hotel
    2008 : Universal And POR WDW
    2009 : Disneyland Anaheim Off Site
    2010 : Florida, Wilderness Lodge and DCL : 04/22 - 05/06

Post Thanks / Like

looking forward to the theater upgrade.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

I think the store sounds too trendy. What happens when these looks are outdated a few years from now?

So the Planet Hollywood gift shop closed? The restaurant is still open, right???

Post Thanks / Like

That's AWESOME news! D-Street is a great store! Really. I love it! It's been open at DtD @ DLR for a couple months and I always go in there. Unfortunately, a lot of the stuff is pretty pricey, but it's got some TRULY unique merchandise, and that is exactly what WDW needs now! Lots of collectible, artsy stuff (like, actual art) as well as really well designed clothes with great colors (not loud and obnoxiously bright) and graphic art. They have lots of Classic Disney, Star Wars, and now, LOTS of Alice in Wonderland stuff. Really, a lot of the art on the clothing looks like it came directly from animation cells. Beautiful stuff!

Ridemakerz is also SO COOL! My husband actually chose to get a car there for HIS birthday. It's supposed to be for kids, and he let DS5 help build it, but it was for him. The cars are actually really good quality RC vehicles, and the amount of options for customization is really good. The price is also not prohibitive. DH's complete car cost just under $100, which is not bad for an RC car at all! He "tricked" it out quite a bit, though. You can get out of there for much less.

Two thumbs up for two great additions to WDW.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add, I was NOT impressed by "Tren-D" last year at WDW. That store had a lot of junk, IMO. D-Street is WAY better than that store, so I don't think that comparison in the article was fair.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LauraleeH View Post
    I think the store sounds too trendy. What happens when these looks are outdated a few years from now?
    The clothing at D-Street is not really "trendy". It's just very simple styling. Jeans and t-shirts mostly. Some hoodies as well. It's just, I suppose, NICE, stylish "casual" clothing. T-shirts are more tailored with gender specific fitting. Jeans are embellished with artwork or unique accents. The clothes are not "dated". You can continue to wear this stuff for years, and it will always look good.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The clothing at D-Street is not really "trendy". It's just very simple styling. Jeans and t-shirts mostly. Some hoodies as well. It's just, I suppose, NICE, stylish "casual" clothing. T-shirts are more tailored with gender specific fitting. Jeans are embellished with artwork or unique accents. The clothes are not "dated". You can continue to wear this stuff for years, and it will always look good.
    Good to know! I misunderstood the article or totally envisioned something different. That sounds exactly like stuff I would wear. Thanks for correcting me!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: