Quantcast What do you do with your pets while visiting WDW? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I always board my cat, Basil (Mouse detective not herb). I'm fortunate that the vet is a cat-only office. They love him! They take turns carrying and holding him. He's got them trained.
    Upcoming:
    Jan/Feb 2018

Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2017

Cypress Palms - 2014

Port Orleans - French Quarter - 2006
    Bonnet Creek Resort - 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016

Paradise Pier (Disneyland) - 2003
    Coronado Springs - 2001

Wilderness Lodge - 2000

Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans - Riverside) - 1999

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    Congratulations on your newest family member! I know it is difficult. Our Aussie is our second dog, my first I had for 16 years and she was my baby and I still miss her so much to this day. Just remember that Lucky does not need to replace your dear Sabre but that Lucky needs a loving home now too. He is probably more scared and sad than you are because he has been neglected and abused. I hope you and your family find a way to love him just as much as Sabre, Congratulations! Thank you for taking in another rescue animal and giving them a second chance at a happy life!
    Thanks, he is a sweet thing! When do you leave for your trip?

Post Thanks / Like

We leave next week on the 19th!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Ours are boarded at a pet resort. Yep, the name is Milton Manor Pet Resort. It's run by a vet. We have two small dogs and book them a medium suite. It's air conditioned for the summer and heated floors for the winter. They have a private run and get this, during the day they run Disney movies on a little closed circuit TV system in their rooms. We can sign them up for hiking, play time and swim time. There is also a web link so we can log in to see what they are up to. We've never used it but, they also have an old stretch limo you can book to pick the dogs up and drop them off to you too.
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

Our Chihuahua stays at DH's parents whever we travel. We usually buy them sourveniours from where ever we vacation in addition to giving them $100 for the say. I won't board, our dog has diabetes and requires insulin shots twice a day and I wouldn't trust a regular boarding place do to that. If I ever had to board her, I would probably ask one of the vet techs to watch her (either the tech stays at our house or Chi goes to hers), then I would pay her.

I feel, It gets to be inconvenient with DH's parents watching though and don't want to bother them too much (that's why I also give $100). We will only vacation for about 9 days max because of this.
    Nicole

Next up - Shades of Green (Feb 2014) and AK Jambo House ( Sept 2014)
    Stayed at: CB, POP, PO-R, FW Cabins and DL Hotel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonLefNY View Post
    Ours are boarded at a pet resort. Yep, the name is Milton Manor Pet Resort. It's run by a vet. We have two small dogs and book them a medium suite. It's air conditioned for the summer and heated floors for the winter. They have a private run and get this, during the day they run Disney movies on a little closed circuit TV system in their rooms. We can sign them up for hiking, play time and swim time. There is also a web link so we can log in to see what they are up to. We've never used it but, they also have an old stretch limo you can book to pick the dogs up and drop them off to you too.
    I think I would like to be boarded there
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Post Thanks / Like

Our two little girls (Genevieve - Cairn Terrier, Babette- Lhasa Apso) stay at my parents in the country. They love having acres to run with no leashes for the time we're gone. They also get spoiled rotten, although this time they weren't too thrilled with the new puppy my parents got a few weeks ago.

Our other two ladies (our cats Cleopatra and Zoe) don't like to travel, so they stay home, and my mom comes down every other day to feed them, clean litter boxes and play with them a while. She also feeds my fish and waters plants as needed. The kitties are much happier this way, and don't have the stress of traveling in the car and staying in a new place.
    NEXT TRIP - DCL Fantasy Oct. 2016
    Yacht Club - Oct. '14, Dec. '15
    Poly - Dec. '07, '09
    Grand Flo - Too many times to keep track!
    CBR - May '10, Oct. '10, Dec. '11
    POR - Sept & Dec '03
    AoA - Oct. '12, Dec. '13
    Pop - May '11

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forever a child View Post
    Mgmnut, I assume your white Boxer was born deaf? Our Aussie is excessively white being double merle bred, so she was born deaf too. Theses are great dogs!

Yes, Daisy was born deaf. A very high percentage of white dogs (dalmations, white boxers) are born deaf. As I understand it this is also true of cats.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

We are very fortunate to have my DH's sister living across the street. When we go away our corgi goes to her house during the day and at night they bring her over to sleep where she is comfortable. We do the same for her dog when they go away. This Memorial Day weekend we are all going to another brothers house out of town so we are taking the two dogs to a kennel run by a fellow church member. I feel apprehensive as we have never used a kennel before but my sister-in-law knows this person well and she says everything should be fine. As it is only for drop off Friday and pick up Tuesday I hope all will be ok with our little ones.

Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2019 Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept 13-19, 2015 at CBR
    Jan, 2011 - off site
    Jun 16-21, 2009, ASSports
    Dec. 7-13, 2008, Royal Plaza at DTD
    April 16-20, 2007 ASMusic
    Feb-Mar 2005 Off Site
    Oct. 1986 Ft. Wilderness 10th Anniv
    Oct. 1976 Honeymoon Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Kat stays with his "grandma" now, but when grandma went with us a few years back, we boarded him at the vet. We were all super paranoid about something happening to him, and it gave my mother peace of mind knowing he was there with a medical staff available.

However, he went on a bath strike while we were gone, and his pretty white chest was a bit of off-white when we picked him up. I guess his plan was to stink them out?

I haven't read all the posts, but I noticed during my last trip to PetSmart that ours has a new "pet hotel". Has anyone check them out?
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Camp Grandma!

Post Thanks / Like

In your post, you said that you have someone coming in periodically throughout the day. It sounds like have made good provision for your beloved pets. They will be in their home where they are comfortable. You will have someone come in to replenish food and water (especially important for cats!) I might suggest one of those water fountains for cats. If water becomes stale, cats won't drink it...and that can lead to kidney problems...and you don't want that. If the caretaker could take a few minutes love on each of your pets, especially the doggie, that would be good.

Try to ease your mind and enjoy your human family's trip to WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fastpasssteve View Post
    In your post, you said that you have someone coming in periodically throughout the day. It sounds like have made good provision for your beloved pets. They will be in their home where they are comfortable. You will have someone come in to replenish food and water (especially important for cats!) I might suggest one of those water fountains for cats. If water becomes stale, cats won't drink it...and that can lead to kidney problems...and you don't want that. If the caretaker could take a few minutes love on each of your pets, especially the doggie, that would be good.

Try to ease your mind and enjoy your human family's trip to WDW.
    Thank you! Just an update....we switched to another person for our pet sitting. He is a dog owner and he watched our dog 1 night this last friday night while DD and I were at swim meet. He walks her twice a day and she goes over to his apartment (2 doors down from us) to hang out it the evening. He also has her on leash for a while to lounge on our front porch. Our aussie didn't seem fazed or overly excited by our return the following afternoon, which is good because that means she was having too much fun visiting the other dog to miss us much. So I am happy with our present situation for our dog sitter. I feel a bit more relieved now before we head out of town. I also know this gentleman went to great lengths with my DD to rescue a lost dog a few weeks back. My DD found an 18 year old dog that had been lost in the woods for 5 days with out food and limited water. The dog was in a difficult area to reach and they had to do a bit of climbing up our rocky hills to get to dog and this man helped my daughter carry the dog down, care for it and helped us get it back to it's owner who believed the dog to be dead after 5 days. So I trust him with my dog now too.
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2013 - March F&G POP
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL

Share This Thread On Social Media: