Quantcast looking for info on the 'Last Tour of Endor' at DHS on 8/14

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default looking for info on the 'Last Tour of Endor' at DHS on 8/14

We will be at disney over that date and my Son loves Star Wars, however I will not be spending $75pp on tickets.

I thought that 8/14 was truly the final day for Star tours to be open, but I see now it officially closes on 9/8. We planned to go on 8/14 b/c we wanted to have a last chance to ride star tours. BUt since it is open we can go another day.

Are there any other special things going on throughout the day or do the special events just start at night for the people w/ special tickets? Entry with event tickets starts at 4 and the park hours are 9-7.

I am thinking if we are not attending the event it would be best to stay away from DHS if there are no events throughtut the day?
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Also...they still have the Summertastic Dance party by the Sorcerer's hat at 9:00 Pm that night. Can I assume that non ticketed disney guests can stay for that?
    May 2007 - CBR 6 nights
    Dec 2008 - CSR 8 nights
    Aug 2010 - AKL 5 nights /Sports 3 nights
    Aug 2011 - Pop 9 nights

Post Thanks / Like

Remember that this "Last Tour To Endor" coincides with the legendary Star Wars Celebration convention August 12-15 at the Orlando Convention Center. While they may have a few extra characters in the parade and such, I wouldn't expect that the whole day would be decorated with Star Wars characters around the parks like you'd see during Star Wars Weekends.

I would guess that the park will close to regular guests at 7pm. If they do have a Summertastic Dance Party, it will be during the closed, ticketed event - perhaps with all of the Star Wars characters. They're advertising it as "multiple party zones" and such, with an incredible Star Wars fireworks display.

While the party is from 8 pm to 2? am or thereabouts, it looks like they'll start letting partygoers enter around 4. So yes, I'd either plan to leave the park early or steer clear for the day. If you want more information, just do an internet search on Star Wars Celebration 2010. The Disney party is quite prominent in the Celebration plans.
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: