Quantcast 100 Little Details about the Parks You Love! - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

For you Mary Poppins fans if you head to the back of the gift shops in the WS in England you can find her carpet bag and the lamp she pulls out of it.

I also love resort TV and have a tendency to watch it on You Tube when I'm having a Disney withdrawl moment.

I love that my daughter's first haircut was at the barbershop on Main Street USA.

~Amanda
    "They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I love

sitting by the pool at the AKL watching the flamingos and giraffes and gazelles and other wildlife.

sitting outside innovations in Epcot, watching the fountains, admiring the beautiful grounds.

at AK in the morning listening to the animals (orangatans?) hoot and howl and swing from the bamboo near the Yeti ride

forgetting I am in a water park while I admire the orchids as I drift down Typhoon Lagoon's lazy river...
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

This is getting to be one of my Fav threads.

I was thinking of great things and trying to come up with one that hadnt been mentioned and I got one finally. I love how the Face Characters and other live "characters" stay IN character so well.
    Here is a great example. Dec 08 we hit MK for our first park and the first thing I see after crossing under the rail station is Mary Poppins!! Mary is my favorite character other than Maleficent (would LOVE to meet her). So I RUN over to her and it was so great. She took my arm and we went for a short stroll around the Town Hall area. The entire time she was Hummin "Its a Jolly Holliday". The only way it could have been better is if some penguins had came out and served us an ice cream.

Another thing I remeber but havent seen in a while was when the grounds keepers would clean something up using a wet broom they would "paint" a mickey head on the pavement with the water. I just loved that.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that a little one can wake up Tinkerbell in her store

and I love the heart with Lady and the Tramp's paws in it outside of Tony's Restaurant
    First Trip '77
    Disney Cast Member WDW '98
    1st yr Anniversary Trip '02
    DVC mem '04
    Family Reunion '05! & Dads 70th '11
    Found out we were having a baby' Disneyland, CA March '08
    1st TRIP for DS 7/09 BIL WDW Wedding!
    Found out baby #2 was coming WDW 5/11
    #2 1st trip Sept'12 & Son#1 5th trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Jim I love your comments on the characters staying so "in" character. They are totally alive for us when we go to WDW! My sister and I are huge villian fans, and when I treated my sister to CRT on her 45th birthday, she carefully planned her outfit to make sure she wasn't wearing "villian wear" because she "didn't want to hurt the feelings of ANY of the princesses."

Anyway back on topic....

I love walking away from Sleepy Hollow, standing on the bridge, and staring at the castle. THE perfect spot, because you get the castle, and that magical reflection of it in the water. It's almost like you've walked into a painting.
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Let me just say that I love this thread and I thought it was a great idea! My husband and I always talk about our favorite details and between the two of us we have a lot..

1. I love the picture of Jim Henson's muppet hanging over the queue area of Muppets 3D Vision. I thought it was a really touching way to remember him. It's not blatant and you probably wouldn't even know it was Jim Henson unless you had seen the muppet before.

2. I also love the key at the 3D Muppet Vision.

3. I love the detailed rock carving in the river under the bridges at DAK. If you just glanced at it you wouldn't see that it was an animal carving, but because you take the time to look at it Disney rewards you with a treat of something special.

4. I love the lights over the market stands in the Mexican pavilion. It really adds to the mood.

5. I feel silly for this I would have NEVER noticed the hanging man in Haunted Mansion had I just been randomly looking up one day. DH didn't even know about it either until I pointed it out to them. No one tells you to look up unless someone mentions it.

6. My husband loves all of the teenage mutant ninja turtle memorabilia at Pop Century in the lobby in the frame. Everything is straight from the 80s-90s.

7. I love the smell of Main street.

8. DH and I have both noticed the details in the walkways at DAK over the bridges. Unless you actually LOOK at the ground you would never notice the bits and pieces of detail in the ground. You would just assume it's asphalt at first glance.

I'm sure there are many more that I can't think of right now.
    Next trip - Sep29-Oct4! Free QS dining at POP. First trip with both kids. (6th total visit)
    "In dreams you will lose your heartache"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&AngieMarriner View Post
    This is getting to be one of my Fav threads.

I was thinking of great things and trying to come up with one that hadnt been mentioned and I got one finally. I love how the Face Characters and other live "characters" stay IN character so well.
    Here is a great example. Dec 08 we hit MK for our first park and the first thing I see after crossing under the rail station is Mary Poppins!! Mary is my favorite character other than Maleficent (would LOVE to meet her). So I RUN over to her and it was so great. She took my arm and we went for a short stroll around the Town Hall area. The entire time she was Hummin "Its a Jolly Holliday". The only way it could have been better is if some penguins had came out and served us an ice cream.

Another thing I remeber but havent seen in a while was when the grounds keepers would clean something up using a wet broom they would "paint" a mickey head on the pavement with the water. I just loved that.
    This is so true... We were eating breakfast at 1900 Park Fare our last time there. Both Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins were right by our table and had to be careful not to bump into each other (they had come around from different angles). As Mary was signing our autograph books, my husband said something to the effect of "Uh-oh - is there going to be a cat fight?" And without missing a beat, Mary replies "Oh no, there are no felines about". It was great. Never even flinched.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the tiki fountains in adventureland and how they spit out water! Speaking of water, call me weird but I LOVE how the water smells in WDW (the fountains, some of the rides that spit out water)!! My family doesn't agree and doesn't care much for that distinct chlorinated smell of the water but it's such an authentic WDW smell, it makes me feel that I have arrived! WDW resort shower water used to smell like that but not anymore...that's ok though.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the music played at the France Pavilion as we walk over the bridge towards the International Pavilion exit to Beach Club. Usually it's our last night and we leave just as everyone is assembling for the fireworks, families eating ice cream, sitting on the bridge entertaining their children, getting their cameras ready. As we walk towards the beach club the fireworks start over our shoulder and people are on the bridge to the Boardwalk, it's a nice spring night, then we get to the Beach Club and the movie is starting and kids are playing in the sand. Ah!

Post Thanks / Like

I love the fountain, benches, lighting, wrought iron fencing, and bricks in the center area of the Jazz Inn at All Star Music. It's just a little nod to New Orleans and it's such a quiet, relaxing spot!
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a model train nut, and I really enjoy the garden railroad near the German pavilion. I slip over to the gelato cart near Italy, get a pastachio gelato, and enjoy it while looking over the details of the railroad.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

I could easily list 100 things by myself...
    For my contribution to your list (have a great trip), I'll add those "little Disney sounds", like the tone the monorail makes before announcements, or the whoosh-clunk of the monorail doors, or the Star Tours tone, or....
    Disney nut and obsessive Disney vacation planner
    DVC owner at Old Key West and Polynesian Village Resort
    Proud Disney dad who isn't ashamed to be the Goofy to my kids and the Beast to my Belle
    Have stayed at: Ft W; CBR; POFQ;PORS;DLH; DL Paradise Pier; and Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

They took away one of my favorites a few years ago. At one time, you could reach inside the Liberty Bell, swing the clapper, and DOING!!!!! make it ring.

A few years ago, they wired it in place where you can no longer ring it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laughin' place View Post
    I could easily list 100 things by myself...
    For my contribution to your list (have a great trip), I'll add those "little Disney sounds", like the tone the monorail makes before announcements, or the whoosh-clunk of the monorail doors, or the Star Tours tone, or....
    Yes! Yes! Love the "whoosh-clunk"!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&AngieMarriner View Post
    Yes! I saw this for the first time in August before the Movie It Shake It parade! It was amazing!!
    For my contribution to this thread I would say that WDW quality of going on an attraction or seeing a show and noticing something that you have never noticed before...this has happened many times to me...for example in the new enchanted tiki room when one of the birds wonders where another is, it is because that bird is outside...
    Also, Club Cool is, for me, a hidden gem. I love going there on a hot day!

(Great thread, btw!)
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

The video they play on the Magical Express on the way from the airport to the park. (weird I know) and the voice of the man who speaks on the buses.
    CB 2007
    BWI 2008
    YC 2009
    BWI Innkeepers Club 2010
    BC Christmas 2011
    BWI Christmas 2012
    ??? June 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I love all of the memorabilia and history in One Man's Dream. Makes me wish I could have seen the progress of Walt and his dreams as they happened. It also makes me happy to know that he took risks and dared to dream!
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Love threads like this. Here's some of mine;

The smell of the water as you enter the queue at POTC.

Relaxing ride on a "Friendship Boat."

I too love the resort TV, whether its Stacy or the menu and or park hours channel that play the instrumental disney music.

Meatball sub at "Earl of Sandwhich."

Watching people get angry when I ring a bell in the EE queue.

Breakfast at the Crystal Palace.

Getting my haircut in MK.

The cop that writes tickets for everything inside HS.

Dole whips!

The theming in Pecos Bills.

Smell of the orange groves in soarin'
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25
    10-DCL Magic 7 nt EB 10/23
    10-CSR 10/30 - 11/1
    12-POR 1/8 - 1/15
    12-CSR 12/20-27

Post Thanks / Like

Great Thread!

I love walking around World Showcase in the evening.

The first time seeing the Castle on any trip.

The different resort smells when you enter their lobbies.

Walking into the WL and being welcomed home and their great music in the background.

I just love it all.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7
    POFQ 3/11
    BLT 1/12
    GC 9/7,2/15
    AUL 2/15

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

The music throughout the parks is crucial.

We love "Club Cool" and trying all the different drinks!
    77-DL
    89-DL
    94-ASSp
    95-OKW
    98-WDW Hol.Inn MG
    99-WDW Off Prop
    06-ASMov
    07-Pop 2/4 - 2/14
    07-ASMus 9/11 - 9/17
    08-ASMov & DCL 10/27 - 11/2
    09-ASMov & DCL Wonder 9/21 - 10/1
    10-WDW Off Prop 4/23 - 4/25