Quantcast So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 (discussion)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default So You Think You Can Dance Season 7 (discussion)

Well, another season of SYTYCD has started, and I'm looking forward to some great dancing. Too early to choose any favorites, but I'm glad that Adam Shankman is there to keep Mia Michaels in line.

Mia has created some fine choreography, but so often her dance numbers hurt the contestants.

Are there any fans of this show out there?
    Just Jill.......

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy the show. Not sure how reducing the top set to 10 and having them partner with past contestants, in those past contestants' styles, will work out (does that mean we won't see any unusual genres, like Bollywood or African, this season?), but looking forward to the season!
    12/99-All-Star Sports * 5/01-POR * 4/02-AKL * 5/03-DL * 5/04-POFQ * 2/05-POR * 5/05-offsite * 10/05-WL * 12/05-DL * 2/06-offsite * 12/06-POP * 4/07-Coronado Springs * 10/07-WL * 4/08-POFQ * 5/10-POFQ * 7/12-DL * 2/14-DL * 6/15-YC

Next Trip ???

Post Thanks / Like

This is my absolute favorite performance show ... the dancers are truly talented, and I do like how most of the criticism is constructive, and there's very few tacky jabs like on Idol ... Mia Michael's is amazing, and I think that it's great that the dancers have to perform such different types of numbers, in the real world they don't get to pick and choose what they perform -- it's their job to shine REGARDLESS of the choreography.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I think that it's great that the dancers have to perform such different types of numbers, in the real world they don't get to pick and choose what they perform -- it's their job to shine REGARDLESS of the choreography.
    True, but sometimes in past shows even the judges commented on the difficult/unusual choreography or costuming choices that the dancers were saddled with.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to have SYTYCD back! I have been watching it since the very first episode aired! Love seeing such talented people show their "stuff". I am not sure why they keep changing the show around, I hope I won't be disappointed with the new format (although I don't think I will be.). Love Mia....she is awesome! Can't wait to see more DANCE!
    Amy
    First trip in 1983...at 5 yrs old and have been hooked ever since!
    Next trip: Last week in April 2015 at Fort Wilderness Campground

Post Thanks / Like

I am excited for this season and equally excited Mary Murphy is off the judges panel! I love Mia Michaels and Adam Shankman because they really know what they are talking about and don't care when the audience boo's their critiques (and 99% of the time they are right). This is the best dance competition to come along in a long time, I have danced for almost 25 years and teach at a ballet school where I live, and I have never seen dancers like the ones on SYTYCD!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

WOW -- there are some seriously talented dancers this season! I can't wait for the actual competition to begin!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Last night's two-hour show was interesting. The dancers still seem surprised at the brutal winnowing process. I attribute that to their youthful optimism, but it still breaks my heart to see them cry when they are cut from the show.

Has anyone noticed they are playing up the "sad/tragic" angle this season? Murdered mothers, handicapped brothers, and all sorts of tearful stories come pouring out. I am 100% supportive of someone who overcomes obstacles to make it to Vegas, and I will root until the cows come home for the underdog, but it's wearing me out when every other dancer has a sob story.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    Last night's two-hour show was interesting. The dancers still seem surprised at the brutal winnowing process. I attribute that to their youthful optimism, but it still breaks my heart to see them cry when they are cut from the show.

Has anyone noticed they are playing up the "sad/tragic" angle this season? Murdered mothers, handicapped brothers, and all sorts of tearful stories come pouring out. I am 100% supportive of someone who overcomes obstacles to make it to Vegas, and I will root until the cows come home for the underdog, but it's wearing me out when every other dancer has a sob story.
    I remember the personal interest angle from every season ... they start early getting the fans to feel a connection with the dancers ... that means more phone calls.

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I remember the personal interest angle from every season ... they start early getting the fans to feel a connection with the dancers ... that means more phone calls.
    You're right. I run into problems when my "favorite" early contender gets eliminated and then I have to start from scratch.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Default SYTYCD Top Eleven?

This season is getting stranger and stranger. Instead of having 20 dancers, we're now down to eleven. I'm glad Billy Bell was saved. He's a favorite from last season when he couldn't continue. But, I'm really wondering how this new format is going to work.

Oh, and was anyone else squirming as they filmed families receiving the bad news?

Nigel and producers - where is YOUR kind heart?
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I really didn't like the "travel to tell them the news" and WORSE "phone call from Nigel, you didn't make it". That was TERRIBLE.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new format -10 dancers, bringing back previous season's dancers....guess we'll wait and see how that works out...
    Beth

Past WDW trips:
    '83 - Contemporary
    '99 - Grad Night, offsite
    '03 - Day trip MK
    '04 - Day trip MK
    '05 - Poly LVC; POFQ Christmas trip
    '06 - Poly
    '08 - Poly
    '09 - POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alex Rocked It!

Was anyone else blown away by ballet dancer Alex when he did his hip-hop routine with Twitch?

I was wowed by the performance. Twitch was awesome, of course, but Alex kept up with him.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

Alex wAs AMazing!!!! The guys are definately outshining the ladies this season.

Was there a delay in programming(and then an edit), or was every one just overly excited over the fashion mishap that almost was??? Lauren handled it very well.
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Alex was AMAZING in that hip-hop routine...i am very sad about his injury, I hope he recovers quickly...i want them to bring him back!!
    VMK: DaffyD
    Trips to WDW
    June 2001on my B-Day!Off Prop.
    August 2005 Off Prop.
    August 2006 ASMov.
    August 2008- Pop Century
    August 2009-ASMu
    April 2010-ASMu w/marching band
    Aug. 2011 ASMu
    Aug. 2012 Off Prop.
    Aug 2013 Off prop.
    Next:Aug 2014??

Post Thanks / Like

I was so sad about Alex being injured. It appears that the choreographers are asking these young dancers to go far beyond normal dance moves. Two of the young women on the show have also experienced minor injuries that kept them from dancing. The producers need to say NO to some of the more extreme moves.
    Just Jill.......

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: