Quantcast "Golden Oak" Sales Begin Today - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    My question is: What are the yearly taxes on a $1.5M home on WDW property? Property taxes; School taxes; Per Capita taxes?

Gotta start planning and saving!!
    On a property with an accessed value of $1,500000.00. Government and school taxes are listed at $21,981.00 for Orange County Bay Lake community but does not include taxes for the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Not surprisingly I couldn't locate a rate for RCID.
    Bill
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.

AKL, Jambo, September 18 to October 2, 2012

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry

i am completely hate the ideas of these homes. I think it runis what Disney is about and ruins the magic. I honestly don't get what Disney was thinking on this one. I don't want millionires walking around thinking they own Disney and can do what they please now that they live on Disney property.
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Post Thanks / Like

1) I went over to put in my down payment.
    2) Unfortunately, there wasn't a street name I liked.
    3) Oh, well.
    4) Maybe for the next multi-million-dollar development. *

* I am currently working on my second million dollars. I could earn the first, so I thought I'd skip to the second.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xo0ally View Post
    I don't want millionires walking around thinking they own Disney and can do what they please now that they live on Disney property.
    What is it you think they will do that will get you so upset?
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Get VIP treatment in Disney since they have $$. Cut lines, free fastpasses, no reservations at popular resturants etc.
    My laughin' place is a doom buggy

12 times at the world and counting!
    Next trip: June 20 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I would think a few hundred very rich people in the parks scatted over the year would have much less impact than the huge, huge tour groups from Brazil and other countries running around like fiends trying to pack as much into a week as they can.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Get VIP treatment in Disney since they have $$. Cut lines, free fastpasses, no reservations at popular resturants etc.
    I agree with everything you said.
    Your attention please, the Walt Disney World Railroad is now boarding for a trip around the Magic Kingdom

Post Thanks / Like

don't multi-millionaires that come to the parks already receive that treatment?
    04 Honeymoon ,Swan and off property WDW
    05 1st Annivesary, off property WDW
    07 at All-Star Music WDW
    08 Disneyland
    09 AKV-Kidani Village WDW
    10 AKV-Jambo House/Boardwalk. 11 Kidani Village
    September 2012 Jambo House
    December 2013 Grand Californian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    don't multi-millionaires that come to the parks already receive that treatment?
    In essence, yes they do. They pay for the VIP tour and get right onto rides with no wait. i am sure they dont have to make ADR's either. We saw Duane Johnson, The Rock, on a trip two years ago. He was with his family and had a disney tour guide. They were a few seats ahead of us on the train. They had about 6 rows to themselves, no one was allowed to sit near them. When we got off the train we headed to Space Mt. They did too but walked right in. I assume to the front of the line. It didnt bother me at all though. I felt like it was appropriate otherwise he would have had people hassling him and his family for autographs. Now that is a celebrity example. But I am SURE that others pay for the VIP tours that are just rich.

Man, I wish I could do it!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with enough $$$ can get special treatment at WDW.

Celebrities PAY to get this stuff, but it's available to anyone with the money.

I frequently see families who have hired tour guides (personal ones) at DLR. They are often Japanese tourists from overseas...

Having an actual home on property will secure you the same VIP treatment, it's just "included" in the cost of your home.

There are already millionaires at WDW and DLR DAILY, and they pay for the treatment they get.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    There are already millionaires at WDW and DLR DAILY, and they pay for the treatment they get.
    Exactly ... viewing WDW as some kind of oasis where everyone is magically made equal the minute they walk through the gates is quite delusional.

It's a business. The more money you have, the more perks you'll be able to buy just like anyplace else.

And I'm fine with that. Work hard, play hard.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Exactly ... viewing WDW as some kind of oasis where everyone is magically made equal the minute they walk through the gates is quite delusional.

It's a business. The more money you have, the more perks you'll be able to buy just like anyplace else.

And I'm fine with that. Work hard, play hard.
    Agreed- just wish it could be me!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    Agreed- just wish it could be me!
    Ha ha ha ha ha ... trust me ... so do I!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ya know, after thinking about it, I would not want one of those houses. If I had that kind of money, I'd rather spend a few weeks 3 or so times a year in a suite at a deluxe.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Ya know, after thinking about it, I would not want one of those houses. If I had that kind of money, I'd rather spend a few weeks 3 or so times a year in a suite at a deluxe.
    Honestly, if I had that kind of money I might live in a suite in a deluxe!

Figure it this way ... say an expensive suite is like $2,500 a night. If you stayed in one 365 days a year that would come to $912,500 a year. The mortgage on an $8 million house is roughly $800,000 a year. I think I'd pop for the extra $112,500 a year!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

The famous people who don't get hounded at WDW are the ones who don't act like they're famous. If they are acting like everyone else and dressed like everyone else, the few who think they recognize them assume it cannot be them and leave them alone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Honestly, if I had that kind of money I might live in a suite in a deluxe!

Figure it this way ... say an expensive suite is like $2,500 a night. If you stayed in one 365 days a year that would come to $912,500 a year. The mortgage on an $8 million house is roughly $800,000 a year. I think I'd pop for the extra $112,500 a year!
    A suite would be a little cramped compared to the Mac-mansion. Also you'd be kicking in around previous guest's 'isms and sharing a pool. This kinda stuff can bother the super wealthy - they'd probably go for the new construction (in the exclusive neighborhood w/ the perks) - that they can 'make it their own' (within the imposed limitations of the HOA, of course). I don't think the super wealthy really need mortgages either, BTW - but for them thay are there for the asking!

Just guessing though, I'm just a regular gal, speculating about a lifestyle that is not my own!
    Journey into your...Lego® Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm partial to the Tuscan Village Style Home. Quick...someone pinch me before I'm lost in a fantasyland...forever! Seriously, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. It would be a dream come true to live in Disney World.
    Nice work, pal.

Post Thanks / Like

Add me to the list of people who would SO buy one of these if I could. I can't imagine living anywhere better!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    The famous people who don't get hounded at WDW are the ones who don't act like they're famous. If they are acting like everyone else and dressed like everyone else, the few who think they recognize them assume it cannot be them and leave them alone.
    Like John Smoltz just casually hanging outside Mission:Space a few months ago. It took us forever to finally confirm it was him.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: