Quantcast Disney Parks Announcements - Let The Memories Begin! - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my "Offical" e-mail from Disney Parks announcing the Making Memories promo this morning.

LAME LAME LAME

I can't believe they thought this was a GREAT promo.

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by princessgirls View Post
    Got my "Offical" e-mail from Disney Parks announcing the Making Memories promo this morning.

LAME LAME LAME

I can't believe they thought this was a GREAT promo.

Julie
    Oh, i didn't even notice, mine got caught in my lame filter! Those g-mail filters really work!

Post Thanks / Like

This promotion has no relevance. It appears that Disney is trying to tap into the current trend of exhibitionism, as evidenced by Facebook, Twitter, AI, and many other reality tv shows.

I disagree with the theory that first-time visitors are more profitable to Disney. How many first-timers stay at deluxes? Some may splurge in pursuit of a once in a lifetime experience, while many others will attempt to take advantage of the most "affordable" trip package. In contrast, repeat visitors will often seek to stay at many different WDW resorts, especially in the deluxe category. Return visits, even with a discount, are good for Disney's bottom line. In our experience, average spending on dining and merchandise usually exceeds our first trip expenditures.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stickey View Post
    I disagree with the theory that first-time visitors are more profitable to Disney. How many first-timers stay at deluxes? Some may splurge in pursuit of a once in a lifetime experience, while many others will attempt to take advantage of the most "affordable" trip package. In contrast, repeat visitors will often seek to stay at many different WDW resorts, especially in the deluxe category. Return visits, even with a discount, are good for Disney's bottom line. In our experience, average spending on dining and merchandise usually exceeds our first trip expenditures.
    I'm not sure you aren't right, but I can tell you for certain that Disney doesn't agree with you.

All of their research and data seems to support the fact that first-timers spend a significant amount more on average than repeat guests do.

Again ... I think Disney feels like they've already got the repeat guests. It's not so much that they don't like your money, they just don't feel the need to spend marketing dollars against you. They focus almost all of their marketing efforts against attracting more of the high-margin newbies.

I'm not trying to imply that Disney doesn't think they make money off of repeat guests. I'm saying they don't feel the need to "work you" to keep you coming back.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed Disney (I assume) bought banner ads at the top of the Accomodations forum here.

I wonder if they'll run in this forum.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    I just noticed Disney (I assume) bought banner ads at the top of the Accomodations forum here.

I wonder if they'll run in this forum.
    I would have to say yes....since I see them
    "That is just poor show" -Cruella DeVil

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Changing My Mind (Kinda)

I've had kind of a change of heart about this promotion. I still think that Disney handled the marketing of this the wrong way - building up all the anticipation & then announcing a Power Point presentation on the castle, but after visiting the website...

I honestly have to say I like seeing all the pictures/videos that people have uploaded. Some of them are downright misty-eyed moments (I especially liked the pic of the golden retriever service dog with Pluto). In a way, it's kind of like reading the trip reports here at Intercot. You get to visit Disney vicariously through other people, and get a little Disney "fix".

I still think the slideshows at the parks are a bad idea, and I'd never waste my precious park time to stop & watch, but the promo just might be a success.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    I've had kind of a change of heart about this promotion. I still think that Disney handled the marketing of this the wrong way - building up all the anticipation & then announcing a Power Point presentation on the castle, but after visiting the website...
    I actually agree completely. In fact, I talked about this very thing in our very first INTERCOT Insider Live podcast (coming soon ... shameless plug!).

I think Disney just did themselves a disservice by making such a big deal out of it and getting people's hopes up. It really was a marketing disaster if you ask me. So much hype over so little, especially when you consider how hungry the Disney community is for information and detail about the changes to the FLE.

But the site is cute, the stories are all touching and fun, and yeah it has a definite Trip Report flavor to it which I like.

I think the one thing I still find a bit distasteful about it is the potential use of your photos and videos in promotional materials. As someone who works in marketing and frequently buys stock photography, runs video and photo shoots for clients, etc. this sort of seems like a way to cheap out on procuring assets for marketing to me.

SHARE YOUR MEMORIES WITH US!! SHARE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS OF YOUR SPECIAL TIMES IN WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!*

*ps we're going to use them promotionally and get free marketing out of your memories.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I think the one thing I still find a bit distasteful about it is the potential use of your photos and videos in promotional materials. As someone who works in marketing and frequently buys stock photography, runs video and photo shoots for clients, etc. this sort of seems like a way to cheap out on procuring assets for marketing to me.

SHARE YOUR MEMORIES WITH US!! SHARE YOUR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS OF YOUR SPECIAL TIMES IN WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!*

*ps we're going to use them promotionally and get free marketing out of your memories.
    This is the only thing keeping me from submitting stuff, to be honest. I mean, I think the website/commercial idea is cool (although, let's be real...who still watches commercials these days? I don't...) Anyway, I think my kids would get a kick out of seeing themselves on t.v., but I'm not so sure I'd get a kick out of seeing it 5, 10, 15 years from now...

What' s funny is how they are going after (via email) the AP holders. I got an email yesterday that said, and I quote "We bet you have lots of great memories of your visits to the Disneyland Resort to share, annual passholder." It's like...hey you...you come all the time, you've gotta have SOMETHING we can use for our ads...

It made me laugh...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I love this idea!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I have uploaded 15 memories so far! I think its a great idea! I haven't seen them on the main page yet but they are there if I click on my memories. I do enjoy seeing all the different pictures. And the little jingle in the background is just perfect!
    Kelly
    WDW TRIPS:
    1985 off site
    ; 1998 off site ;Sept 07 ASM;
    May 09 POR
    ; May 10 POR; Sept 11POR; May 12 POR
    May 13 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Oooh! Here's an idea!

Someone official from Intercot should upload our 10th anniversary group photo with a short story about us! Granted, it's a HUGE file, but the exposure would be cool! Just a thought...
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, at first I did not like the new promotion at all. I thought it was not creative and sort of tacky. But I just saw my first commercial on TV featuring the home videos and I got tears in my eyes So I think it will be effective, I'm just not sure I'm comfortable enough to share my own videos, but I'm paranoid like that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's great! I'm finally gonna get to take my mom and dad to WDW, and I can't wait until I suprise them with the news. Can't wait.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!
    JEANY SANCHEZ
    January 2022 Polynesian Village Resort

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: