Quantcast Evening EMH at Animal Kingdom

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Evening EMH at Animal Kingdom

We are planning out our itinerary for our upcoming December trip. I noticed looking at the calendar that Animal Kingdom has extra magic hours in the evening. We have never been to Animal Kingdom at night and were wondering what this park is like at night in December. I did see a list of attractions that were open but I was wondering are all of these attractions open in the evening in December seeing that it gets dark earlier and the hours are until 9:00. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Mu
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge & Our Disney Wedding
    May 02 AS Mo
    Sept 03 AS Mo
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    Dec 10 SSR
    Sept 11 AKL KV
    Jan 12 Marathon Weekend

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Any attractions involving live animals will not be open after dark. So Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek and Rafiki's Planet Watch will not be available. This means that the Africa section of the park is not open.

Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids will be open in Asia. In Dinoland you can ride Triceratops Spin, Primeval Whirl, and Dinosaur.

The Tough to be a Bug 3D show will be open.

There will be an extra showing of Finding Nemo and The Lion King stage shows.

And, of course, the park is beautifully lit after dark, with Expedition Everest towering over everything.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

It's so beautiful there at night...although I prefer EE in the daylight
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Granny View Post
    although I prefer EE in the daylight
    I was actually looking for opinions on that. I love Big Thunder at night, and was thinking it would be a similar feel on EE. Not for you?

We must make it a point of trying to get over to AK during the next few months for a EMH night. I really want to do this now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WDWdriver View Post
    Any attractions involving live animals will not be open after dark. So Kilimanjaro Safaris, Pangani Forest Trail, Maharajah Jungle Trek and Rafiki's Planet Watch will not be available. This means that the Africa section of the park is not open.

Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids will be open in Asia. In Dinoland you can ride Triceratops Spin, Primeval Whirl, and Dinosaur.

The Tough to be a Bug 3D show will be open.

There will be an extra showing of Finding Nemo and The Lion King stage shows.

And, of course, the park is beautifully lit after dark, with Expedition Everest towering over everything.
    Thanks for the info on this Ron. We were discussing just this on the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast tonight, and didn't realize they add a showing of both Nemo and the Lion King. That's good to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info on this!! We will be going to EMH at AK the first night we get in. An added question--how much time should I allow from AK to Sanaa to be on time for an 8:00 ADR? We will have a car.
    Lynne

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"--Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Thanks for the info on this Ron. We were discussing just this on the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast tonight, and didn't realize they add a showing of both Nemo and the Lion King. That's good to know.
    They rarely offer a performance of Nemo Musical during EMH.

It can happen, but only in the busiest of times.

Also, beginning this Spring,(March 2011) it looks like DAK will cease to offer PM EMH,
    at least for the months that have been posted, so far.
    It may come back, but, who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I wanted to add. When it starts getting dark, the birds land and perch in the trees. We thought it was really neat. Something I've never seen in the other parks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    We were discussing just this on the INTERCOT Insider Live podcast tonight
    Does this mean we can expect the new episode soon?

not that it matters I guess, I'll listen right away and still have to wait for the next one! I just cant get enough of them. I've actually listened to the first 3 a few times now.

Post Thanks / Like

The Animal Kingdom presents itself in a different dimension at night especially around Asia.

Here's a picture of Expedition Everest at night with the moon behind it.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, the trail to Tough to be a Bug 3D show is kinda a freaky at night. It's so dark and the path is dimly lit, with the high foliage all around. I always liked it at night though.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Night is the best in AK...I would rather there after dark then in the day...It is a totally different place...
    Amy
    80 Camping ºoº
    89 Offsite ºoº
    05 ASM ºoº
    06-07-08-09-10-10-11-12-13-14-15 POR ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds nice. Please report back. I just read on a rumor mill site that they were dropping evening EMH at AK as of next FEB. I hope it was just for Feb slow time.
    EE at dusk sounds cool. The queue is already great.

Post Thanks / Like

AK extra evening hours are our favorite! The park is absolutely beautiful, relaxing, and has a peaceful feeling at night. We've find the open rides to be small lines or walk-ons. My DH & DD rode EE 7 times in a row last May. They thought it was cool to see the difference between riding EE in the morning, then at dusk, and in the dark. Also, Dinasour (cant spell this morning) seems more intense when you get off the ride and go back into a dark park.

Enjoy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your help. We are definitely excited about going at night, especially now since we have heard such good things about it.
    Sept 99 Caribbean Beach
    Sept 00 AS Mu
    Sept 01 Wilderness Lodge & Our Disney Wedding
    May 02 AS Mo
    Sept 03 AS Mo
    Sept 05 Pop
    Sept 07 Pop
    Sept 08 Pop
    Sept 09 SSR
    Dec 09 AKL KV
    Aug 10 AKL KV
    Dec 10 SSR
    Sept 11 AKL KV
    Jan 12 Marathon Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

AK is beautiful at night!!! We were there in July and I cannot get over how magical it was...really!
    I probably can't do it justice in my short description but here goes...it was July and it was hot!! But somehow after the sun went down it was enjoyable. The smells from the different restaurants floated over the humid night air. The park lighting is deem, yes maybe spooky but in a cool way, I’ll go with animalistic way!
    I’ve never been to Africa or Asia but I could easily image that I was in a small African village and maybe a hungry tiger was watching me, ready to pounce…okay I re-read some of my long winded post and deleted most…it been a long day at work and I’m getting a little carried away

Animal Kingdom is soooo cool at night!! I hope they don’t do away with the EMH at night!
    ASSp, ASMovies, POP
    CSR, POR, CBR
    WL, YC/BC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymom15 View Post
    One thing I wanted to add. When it starts getting dark, the birds land and perch in the trees. We thought it was really neat. Something I've never seen in the other parks.
    We saw this last month at dusk you could see them all flying onto the trees it was great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lynnek View Post
    Thanks for the info on this!! We will be going to EMH at AK the first night we get in. An added question--how much time should I allow from AK to Sanaa to be on time for an 8:00 ADR? We will have a car.
    I can't be exact because I didn't have my car when we were there in August, but the enterance to the Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House and Kidani Village is basically right across the street from the park, it's just a quick turn down the road. i don't think it took us more than 10/15 minutes from the park to the lodge by bus.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

10-15 minutes to Sanaa from AK--cool! I think we'll be able to take advantage of the EMH. I have purchased 7 day as opposed to 6 day passes with the hope we could do this. The difference in price was minimal.
    Lynne

"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children"--Walt Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: