Quantcast Surprising kids

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Surprising kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Surprising kids

Ive been seeing Disney commercials lately about surprising kids with trips to the world. What way do you think would be best to reveal to your children that theyre going to disney?
    Sao Feng... He's alot like me, absent my merciful nature and sense of fair play.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We have had Mickey call the morning of departure!! It was so exciting to see them recognize the voice. They have a site dedicated to this with different characters. It is Disney's Enchanted Call. It is $2.49 per call. It is so cute!!!!
    April 29-May 3- Coronado springs! Engage celeb
    Feb 21-March 1- DCL Bahamas/PORS Royal guest
    November 15th-22nd Marriott's Grande Villas
    May 2-5th Wilderness Lodge surprise engagement!
    Nov 27th-Dec 4rd 2012- Art Of Animation
    March 7-13th 2012 Fort Wilderness cabin
    100+ since 1977

Post Thanks / Like

Well, getting in the car to go - or getting on the plane! LOL!

My cousins are surprising their kids with a Disney cruise and aren't telling them where they're going - just that they are going to get their surprise and they'll all get in the car to go. We will probably just put our kids on the plane (with us of course) and let them figure it out. (they're not old enough to read - so they wouldn't realize where we were until we got there and saw all the Mickey stuff.

Have fun!!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

We've always tried to surprise our kids. Last year, we stopped at a rest stop on the way down to their grandmother's in Dallas (they had been told we were going down to spend the Labor Day weekend with her). At the stop, we showed them a video on the computer showing them going to WDW, and told them we were all flying there the next morning. They were thrilled.

This year, DW wrote a special "Christmas Story" and gave it to them this past Sunday as an early Christmas present. At the end of the story, there was a page inserted that told them they were getting a very special present this year. They opened up the other present and it had our ticket package to WDW inside. We leave in less than two weeks and the kids can't wait (Neither can we )
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

One year I sat on the edge of DS's bed and whispered in his ear, "do you want to go to Disney World?".....he mumbled "yeah".....and I said, Well, get up and get dressed.....cause we're going RIGHT NOW!! He looked at me, jumped out of bed and was waiting at the front door, "his bag" packed and ready to go.....telling me "LET'S GO!!!" His bag had all the essentials in it -- his blanket, his bear and a few trains......no clothes mind you, just what he thought he needed for the trip!
    *May '92 Day trip fr. Daytona
    *Aug '94/July 01 offsite
    *July 01 Offsite
    *2005, 06, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11SOG
    *Sept 05 AKL
    *Sept/Oct 06 POFQ
    *Dec 08 AKL
    *Oct/Nov 12 Wyndham BC
    *Oct 13 CBR
    *July 14- weekend trips from Daytona
    *July 15- day trips from Daytona
    *Oct 15 CST

Post Thanks / Like

what great ideas! I tried to suprise my kids with the trip. They knew we were going to Florida but since my whole family lives in FL that was no big deal! I wasn't going to tell them at all and just wait for them to figure it out. However the morning of the trip my DD 5 at the time had a bad fever and just felt horrible and was begging not to go. It broke my heart to tell her through tears (both of ours) that we had to go we were all going to Disney! Now mind you while my DD and I were both sitting there crying my 8 year old son was doing a seriouse happy dance

Post Thanks / Like

Im surprising my daughter for christmas. she's 12. I got a bunch of Disney themed things to wrap up like trading pins from ebay, sweatshirt, backpack...let's see how fast she gets the hints!

Post Thanks / Like

My kids are 6 and 2. They're being told about our January trip to the World on Christmas Day. My parents (also going) bought them a small Mickey & Minnie each. That will be clue #1. Then they ahve a myriad of other Mickey/Minnie items to open and then a BIG Mickey/Minnie to open last. My 6 year old will get it. He's pretty observant and keeping it all a secret thus far has been challenging. My 2 year old will just be excited because her brother is excited.

I have a friend who surprised her 12yo and 8 yo by wrapping up new luggage. They opened the box and were totally bummed. Then she had them open the luggage and in it was a note about going to WDW. They were thrilled.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

We did a treasure hunt around our house and yard with a picture of where they were to go next at each stop... and at each stop was an additional "clue"... either a Disney themed gift or something they would use on the trip (disposable camera, sunglasses, etc). At the end they had to guess what all the items had in common. They had a great adventure figuring it out!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: