Quantcast First time doing Disney in December! Day 6

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time doing Disney in December! Day 6

911 Day

Cast-
    Me Lori 38
    DH Brian 37
    DS Ian 8
    DD Elizabeth 4
    Inlaws Dave and Elaine

Decided to go back to MK again today. Still very cold. DH, DS, and I headed out first and the in-laws brought DD with them a couple hours later. So the 3 of us rode HM, BTM, then the boys headed over to do Space a couple more times. I decided to shop my way from Frontier to Tomorrow land - could anything be better? It was about 9:45 and I was surprised to find the Christmas store and Yankee Trader were not open yet. At 10am I and loads of others flooded into Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe. This is where I decided I had to have this cute fiber optic Christmas tree, I thought $27 was a great price for it, but I wasn't thinking that it would take up half a suitcase...oops! Eventually joined the boys and then the in-laws with DD. We lunched at Cosmic Rays...and let me start a new paragraph for this....

The Cheesesteak sandwich is back!!!!! We had it here back in 2000 and were so sad it wasn't on the menu for our 2005 or 2008 trips. Seriously, we were EXCITED. We enjoyed every bite and had more neon cheese from the fixings bar for our fries. Oh, and those little chocolate cakes, heaven. We enjoyed this lunch more than our table services, I think we'll actually do the quick service plan next time. Is it quick or counter?

I don't remember what we did next, I had cheesesteak brain. I know that we made it on a much-improved monorail over to Epcot for our dinner at LeCellier. MIL and DH had the filet, FIL and I had the strip steak. While the strips were good, the filet was much better. And while I really do enjoy it there, I can't see us using 2 TS credits for it. So this was probably the last meal we'll have here. But who cares when there's cheesesteak at Rays!! Okay, enough about cheesesteak. I think we did SSE again and headed back, in-laws stayed for the CP and Illuminations.

Got back to OKW. Here's the 911 story. First, let me preface by saying back on day 1, we noticed that DD could open the door of our villa. So from then on we locked the deadbolt and the other thingy which I can't recall the name of. Well. THIS night, we were planning the put the kids to bed right away and left those locks unlocked becuase the in-laws would be coming after we were asleep.

Of course, we got sidetracked and were doing some pre-packing and some laundry while the kids were still running around. DH and I were in the bedroom when I suddenly heard...silence. I came out to find DS watching TV and DD no where to be seen. My eyes immidiately went to the the unlocked door. I panicked and yelled for DH. He shot out the door with DS, screaming. It was dark, the street it right outside our door, and right past the street is a lake. DD is 4 but has Down Syndrome so her mental capacity is more like that of a 2 year old. She does not recognize danger at all yet. So DH is stopping cars, busses, and trams to get people to help find her. He tells me to call 911 which I do and frantically relay the story. The 911 operator gets all the info and tells me to wait while he gets Disney security on the phone. That is when I noticed that the door to my in-laws room was shut. And they had not shut it at all this week unless they were in there. I practically yank the phone cord out of the wall so I could stay on it while I opened the door. And there was our sweet little Elizabeth. So happy to be playing with everything inside Grandma and Grandpas suitcase she had pulled down. I yell to DH that I have her. Then the Disney guy comes on the phone and I have to say, um, yeah, she was just in another room I didn't look in.

After our heart rates got back to normal, we went to bed. Wow.

Up next: Biergarten and packing
    LORI
    2012 Boardwalk with DH, DBIL, DSIL, no kids!
    2010 Old Key West, same crowd :)
    2008 Poly with DH, DS, DD and in-laws
    2005 CBR with DH and DS
    2000 POFQ with DH
    1998 CSR with Mom
    1997 CBR with friends
    1992 DL with friends
    1979 & 1985 Offsite as a child

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Having "misplaced" a child in Washington DC of all places, I can certainly understand the panic that sets in when you can't locate her! How scary! I'm so glad your 911 story has such a happy ending! Whew!

The rest of the day was fun and clearly included some yummy dining!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

So glad she was in Grandma and Grandpa's room! That is a PERFECT ending to a frantic 911 call!
    Trish

Next Trip Jan 2015 1 night POR, then BWV renting points
    Sept 2013 BWV renting points
    Nov 2012 BWV renting points for my big 4-0
    Sept 2011 BWV renting points
    Sept 2009 POP
    Sept 2008 POP
    Sept. 2007 POP
    Sept 2003 ASMu

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, Lori! I totally understand how you can get fixated on a sandwich. Sometimes I still dream about the "All American" sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich. (sigh)

Amy
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy."

"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...What do we do, we...swim...swim"

Previous trips: Dolphin/ASMo, CBR, AKL, Pop, WL
    Upcoming trip: Spring Break at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.
    Vince
    aka. Vizsla

INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous and Disney Vacation Club

DVC Member 10/11/04

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the Report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Magic Kingdom =

LeCellier Dinner =

Frantic Moments as a Parent =

Thank goodness everything turned out ok - but how terrifying those moments must have been!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: