Quantcast Go Steelers - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go Steelers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I would hardly call Ben Roethlisberger a "good guy" . He is a great player on the field, not so much off it.
    I'm curious as to why the allegations against Ben won't go away, yet Mark Sanchez was arrested for the same thing and you never hear a peep about it.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I'm curious as to why the allegations against Ben won't go away, yet Mark Sanchez was arrested for the same thing and you never hear a peep about it.
    They don't go away I guess because he keeps repeating them?

I didn't know that about Sanchez and just googled it. Looks like charges were never filed and he's stayed out of trouble since.

Post Thanks / Like

I think, at least for me, it is because it has happened more than once with Ben. Once it happened a second time, I feel it has more validity.

You know the saying:If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it is probably a duck.

ETA- and Mel and I once again post at the same time!
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

People are quick to judge Ben, and yes he did bring some of it onto himself in poor judgement.

But can someone tell me how Brett Favre still keeps dodging the bullet?
    Love my Pittsburgh Penguins and Penn State Nittany Lions !!!!

October 08 - Honeymoon CBR
    Wilderness Lodge- October 2010

CBR - Oct 2012
    Beach Club - Sept 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BraddyB View Post
    People are quick to judge Ben, and yes he did bring some of it onto himself in poor judgement.
    Quick to judge? IMO, he brought all of it onto himself with his poor judgement.

And Brett Favre is not a great person either.

The mega-star pro athletes who are really good people are few and far between, which is a shame.

Post Thanks / Like

At least (as far as I know) a Steelers coach/player/trainer- whoever didn't blatenly trip a guy running with the ball (Jets vs Dolphins game) That was so sad to watch- how pathetic.

As far as Ben being a bad guy- hhmmm if memory serves me a Baltimore Ravens player killed someone and he was still allowed to play AFTER being convicted. Same with the all mighty VICK. I agree there are not too many athletes that are good guys- mostly their own fault.

Post Thanks / Like

When allegations like these are brought about, I tend to give the athlete the benefit of the doubt.

High profile, very wealthy, testosterone laden...easy targets for gold diggers. Fairly simple for a woman to lure an athlete into an intimate encounter, then cry wolf afterward.

As for the Ravens player "killing someone,' that was Ray Lewis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    The mega-star pro athletes who are really good people are few and far between, which is a shame.
    Which is one of the reasons why I love Eli... The worst thing he's been accused of is antiquing with his mother.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

When allegations like these are brought about, I tend to give the athlete the benefit of the doubt.
    I usually do as well....the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I usually do as well....the first time.
    C'mon Mel, ever hear of piling on? One does it and the rest say "MY TURN!"

Like those two massage therapists who now - years later - come out about Favre AFTER Jen Sterger did?

Post Thanks / Like

High profile, very wealthy, testosterone laden...easy targets for gold diggers. Fairly simple for a woman to lure an athlete into an intimate encounter, then cry wolf afterward.
    C'mon Mel, ever hear of piling on? One does it and the rest say "MY TURN!"

Like those two massage therapists who now - years later - come out about Favre AFTER Jen Sterger did?
    Or maybe once one woman has the courage to speak up, it lets other women know they aren't alone. Check the statistics sometime of the number of sexual assaults which go unreported.
    Christine șoș

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by yjgirl32 View Post
    As far as Ben being a bad guy- hhmmm if memory serves me a Baltimore Ravens player killed someone and he was still allowed to play AFTER being convicted.
    As for the Ravens player "killing someone,' that was Ray Lewis.
    Get the facts straight. Ray Lewis was convicted only of a misdemeanor - obstruction of justice - and despite his testifying against the two other people involved in this case, they were acquitted. No one was convicted of murder in that case.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Get the facts straight. Ray Lewis was convicted only of a misdemeanor - obstruction of justice - and despite his testifying against the two other people involved in this case, they were acquitted. No one was convicted of murder in that case.
    Hence my quotation marks around "killing someone".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Or maybe once one woman has the courage to speak up, it lets other women know they aren't alone. Check the statistics sometime of the number of sexual assaults which go unreported.
    So basically it comes down to he said/she said. Of course, men will always take the guy's side until the facts are clear, and women will always take the woman's side.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Ed- So he was still convicted.

Post Thanks / Like

WHY WHY WHY do these Professional Athletes have a Personal Conduct Policy???

Because of all of the stuff that was mentioned here....

Big egos and money lead can lead a person down some poor roads...we have seen it, time and time again.

Personal Conduct Policy....yep...

Julie
    Next Up:

Summer 2018... WE ARE BACK!!!
    2 families
    4 teenagers and Larry
    Taking on the parks!

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Sorry Ed- So he was still convicted.
    Your original post said ~~

a Baltimore Ravens player killed someone and he was still allowed to play AFTER being convicted.
    The way that sentence is constructed implies that (1) he personally killed someone, and (2) that he was convicted of killing someone. That simply is untrue. He was convicted of a simple misdemeanor, not murder. In fact, no one was convicted of murder in that particular case.

There's a world of difference between being convicted of a misdemeanor and being convicted of murder.
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

actually I never knew about this. Apparently as a 19 year old, sanchez was arrested, had dna samples taken, posted bail, and eventually the DA did not prosecute due to lack of evidence.

Now the question is what has he done since ?
    the answer is NOTHING. heck even last sunday...

Post Thanks / Like

At least (as far as I know) a Steelers coach/player/trainer- whoever didn't blatenly trip a guy running with the ball (Jets vs Dolphins game) That was so sad to watch- how pathetic.
    As a Jets fan, I was shocked that someone outside of the players was trying to affect the outcome of the game.

Now I do not understand why this is here, as in the course of this discussion, except as a VERY cheap shot...

If you are calling into question the Jets coaching staff, and their reaction- it has been well documented. They suspended the strangth and conditioning coach indefinatly... I think managments position on this was quite clear. It was unacceptable and not the way The Jets expect their personell to act.

as for the second comment, taking swipes at vick- whose actions were inhumane, a person who lost it all, served Jail time, etc... only demeans your stance on Big Ben.

From my perspective, one time someone accuses him, I doubt the validity of the claim. the second time, brings into question his character, off the field. Hopefully ben has learned from his indiscretions and will be a better person for it.

Post Thanks / Like

So basically it comes down to he said/she said. Of course, men will always take the guy's side until the facts are clear, and women will always take the woman's side.
    my last comment on this- it depends on the evidence. If it is he said/she said - I tend to take the innocent until proven otherwise.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: